Camera bag for FZ5

Old August 17th 05, 03:20 PM
beeswing

Default Camera bag for FZ5

I just ordered a Panasonic Fz5, after going back and forth about
whether or not I wanted to spend the big bucks for a Nikon D50 w/2
lenses and then spend the rest of the time hauling it around. After
reading a load of positive reviews on the FZ5, I went to Fry's to
physically pick the thing up and was sold on how light and small it
was. My aspirations to own a Nikon D50 are for at least now cast aside.

Now I want a camera bag, but I don't have the camera yet to compare it
to. Would anyone who has the FZ5 be willing to take a look at this one
and let me know if it would fit the Fz5, lense, hood, and all? I'm
trying to get outfitted before my vacation in a week and a half, so I
don't have a lot of time to lose. Here's the the bag I saw:

http://www.ebags.com/world_richman/d...?modelid=12285

or

http://tinyurl.com/9sh4g

Any recommendations for a similar bag would also be great. I don't want
to carry around a full-sized camera bag; I'm looking for something more
akin to a case. Thanks so much.

beeswing

Old August 17th 05, 03:57 PM
irwell

On 17 Aug 2005 07:20:19 -0700, "beeswing" wrote:

[...]

Try Sears, they carry a good range of bags at less price
than the camera stores. I got a padded one with easy velcro
opening on the top, also zips for added security, pockets
for memory cards and batteries. $11.
Old August 17th 05, 11:17 PM
Bartshumandad

I have the Lowepro Edit 110, nicely made, smallest I found with perfect
fit for camera and lens hood, with a few pockets for extra cards/batteries.

cheers
Steve

Old August 18th 05, 03:31 PM
beeswing

Bartshumandad wrote:
I have the Lowepro Edit 110, nicely made, smallest I found with perfect
fit for camera and lens hood, with a few pockets for extra cards/batteries.

cheers
Steve

Thanks for the idea for a camera bag for the FZ5. The bag looks very
nice, but I think I want something even smaller. I was able to find a
FZ5-dedicated case on line at henrys.com and decided to take a chance
on it. If it doesn't work out, I can always return it. The Lowepro bags
look nice; thanks for pointing them out! I may come back to them.

beeswing

Old August 18th 05, 03:33 PM
beeswing

irwell wrote:
On 17 Aug 2005 07:20:19 -0700, "beeswing" wrote:

Try Sears, they carry a good range of bags at less price
than the camera stores. I got a padded one with easy velcro
opening on the top, also zips for added security, pockets
for memory cards and batteries. $11.

I found a FZ-dedicated bag on line that I ordered. If that doesn't work
out, Sears sounds like it might be a good place to look. I'm a big
Sears fan. Thanks!

beeswing