Panasonic reliability??

Old August 3rd 05, 03:53 AM
endorphine

"Jack Carter" wrote in message
I read all of the posts in the "comparitive results Canon S2 vs. Pan FZ5"
thread because I too am going to buy one of them. I noticed that no one
brought up the subject of construction and reliability. I'm leaning toward
the Panasonic, but everything I've bought with that brand name - vcr,
camcorder, TVs, etc - has been junk that quit working before its time.
However, my old film cameras - Pentax, Canon, and Kodak, and Minolta and
Sony Mavica digitals - have NEVER caused any problems. Can anyone attest
the reliability of Panasonic cameras? Or have they even been on the market
long enough to do so?

I have dropped my FZ-20 twice from head height and still working like a
charm.

Pansonic products are very consistent and QA is much higher than Sony.

I would definately buy another Panasonic digital camera

Old August 3rd 05, 07:52 AM
Jerry Park

"endorphine" thedirtyyellow*******@hotmail wrote in message

[...]

Having sold consumer electronics at one point in my life, I couldn't agree
more. Panasonic - or for that matter any of the other Matsu****a group -
manufactured products stood out with their ruggedness and reliability.
Relatively speaking, we had far more issues with Canon and especially Sony
products that were over-priced and fragile to a fault. The clincher is that
Sony also relabels generic components with "custom" Sony part numbers to
overcharge for any repairs.

Don't even get me started with Sony service, as that is nothing less than a
pure myth.

Jerry

Old August 5th 05, 04:14 PM

Many thanx for the replies. I've decided to give Panasonic another chance.
My only dilemma now is whether to go with the FZ5 or 20.

"Jerry Park" wrote in message

[...]

It has removed 453 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!