Coolpix 4500 VS 990?

Old December 5th 03, 12:46 AM
Melissa

Default Coolpix 4500 VS 990?

If you had the choice of a refurbed 4500 or 990 for under $400, which would
you get?

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.

"Guns Defend Life & Liberty" license plate frame
http://www.cafeshops.com/melissa_photo

Would like to make friends in the west Denver area with similar interests &
values. - Shaolin-based Martial arts, Writing, Rock music, Sci-Fi, Chess,
Libertarian, Objectivist, RKBA, guns & Shooting, polyamory.

Old December 5th 03, 01:15 AM
Frank ess

"Melissa" wrote in message
If you had the choice of a refurbed 4500 or 990 for under $400, which

would
you get?

--
Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A.

"Guns Defend Life & Liberty" license plate frame
http://www.cafeshops.com/melissa_photo

Would like to make friends in the west Denver area with similar interests

&
values. - Shaolin-based Martial arts, Writing, Rock music, Sci-Fi, Chess,
Libertarian, Objectivist, High-Maintenance, RKBA, guns & Shooting,

polyamory.

At that price I think I could find a third, better choice.

Old December 5th 03, 02:18 AM
Pike

The 4500 has 12% more pixels than the 990 (4divided by 3.34=1.12) is it
really significant? I got a 990 at a lawn sale for 200 Cdn. and I love it,
sharp lens, great colour, technical ability, makes great 8x10's. I see them
refurbished on ebay for $200 US. so go for it and wait til you can afford a
6 meg camera to see a real difference.

Old December 5th 03, 02:54 AM
Q. Lu

why insist on Nikon?

"Melissa" wrote in message
"Frank ess" doth postedeth:

Old December 5th 03, 10:49 AM
David J Taylor

"Melissa" wrote in message
If you had the choice of a refurbed 4500 or 990 for under $400, which

would
you get?

If I had existing AA-sized batteries and some CF cards, I would get the
990. But possibly not at that price.

David

Old December 5th 03, 10:47 PM
Melissa

"Q. Lu" doth postedeth:

why insist on Nikon?

Looked at the sample photos and features of the 990 and it looks really
nice. I'm not sure if the 4500 is as good but it appears to be.

Old December 5th 03, 10:52 PM
Melissa

"Tom Pfeiffer" doth postedeth:

The G3, definitely.

Sorry, I meant in the Nikon series.

Old December 5th 03, 10:52 PM
Melissa

"Pike" doth postedeth:

The 4500 has 12% more pixels than the 990 (4divided by 3.34=1.12) is it
really significant? I got a 990 at a lawn sale for 200 Cdn. and I love
it, sharp lens, great colour, technical ability, makes great 8x10's. I
see them refurbished on ebay for $200 US. so go for it and wait til you
can afford a 6 meg camera to see a real difference.

Sounds good, thanks!