Donate your D30/lenses for an incredible cause!

Old November 26th 03, 06:25 AM
JB

"james" wrote in message hlink.net...
Well Cory, considering that you asked on a public forum for people to donate
expensive equipment, you could have done exactly as I suggested (if your
cause was legitmate) and supplied the information, in the forum. You didn't
exactly supply anything approaching useful information that would make
someone want to contact you and donate anything. You could have easily said:
Hi, my name is Cory Kittle and I am stationed at: ________ Military Post,
and there is a Youth Shelter in: ___________ nearby, where I have
volunteered to help. The ________ Youth Shelter is run by: __________
he/she is the Director.
Here is how to contact him/her. _________________-(would prove you're not a
scammer)
You get the picture. In other words, you did not make a good first
impression and made your post look more like a scam than a legitimate
charity.
As for me, I don't go online and brag about my "worthwhile" endeavors. I
just do what I can. Besides, I am not the person that is asking people to
donate expensive photography equipment without even supplying enough
information to help anyone wanting to or thinking about, donating said
equipment.
So, grow up, quite being so full of yourself and be upfront about the
situation.
james

(or did we hit the nail on the head and you are just someone trying to get
some free equipment for yourself?)

"OutdoorPhoto" wrote in message
Thanks guys, you are true gems of society! If you are interested in

helping
out let me know and I will supply you with all you information you need.

If
not, I sincerely hope you make something of yourself someday. Just curious
if you have ever done anything worthwhile in your life. I doubt it!

Cory

"james" wrote in message
link.net...
ugh,,,,,,,,,,the "james Charity" needs some of those old "L" lenses!!

In
fact I'll take the whole lot off your hands!! (of course you will pay

for
shipping by Overnite Express FEDEX,,,,,,,,,right?)
james
:-)

"Can" wrote in message
om...
I have 5-10D's and a few old 1D's that you can have. Please respond
quickly as trash day is Monday. Also, I know you were looking for
inexpensive lenses but will you take my "L" lenses off my hands? I'm
not sure what to do with them.

The man is all grown up and his phone number is on his website for all
to see. Why not just call him directly instead of trashing him
beforehand?
Old November 26th 03, 07:20 PM
Ron McCann

JB,

You forgot one:

#6..someone steps in educating the masses on the newsgroup mentatity as well
as the military and mankind in general. Can't wait for your book to come
out. Thanks.
om...

"Can" wrote in message
om...
I have 5-10D's and a few old 1D's that you can have. Please respond
quickly as trash day is Monday. Also, I know you were looking for
inexpensive lenses but will you take my "L" lenses off my hands? I'm
not sure what to do with them.

Hey dude, don't take these people too seriously. Most of the threads

go
something like this. 1. Someone asks a question. 2. Well meaning
individual trys to answer the question, and he may be right or wrong.
3. 5 guys tell the guy offering an answer to original question that he

is
some sort of mental defective. 4. 8-10 guys have a ****ing contest as

who has the biggest camera, best resolution, most understanding of
technology etc. 5. 20 guys lay claim as ****ing contest champion.

Most of the posters are civilians and behind the anonimity of their

posts
many don't live up to common military traits such as adherence to

codes of
conduct, discretion, courtesy, honor, trust etc.

You are doing a good thing, good luck to you. If most of these people

on
the board had been subjected to the draft as young people for example,
they would still be cautious, but cautious without "attitude".

It's the culture man and man is a herd animal.

Old November 28th 03, 07:41 AM
JB

"Ron McCann" wrote in message . com...
JB,

You forgot one:

#6..someone steps in educating the masses on the newsgroup mentatity as well
as the military and mankind in general. Can't wait for your book to come
out. Thanks.
om...

"Can" wrote in message
[...]

Excuse me. Man is a collection of 6 plus billion people all ignoring
what the others are doing. One person watched TV last night and the
other 5,999,999,999 each did something different. Note I said MOST of
the threads, not ALL. Further, note I said "many don't live up to
common military traits.....", not ALL.

You will have to excuse me as I was trained by a person in posession
of a CMOH.

Did it ever occur to you that all the people who trashed this man
could have picked up the phone and CALLED HIM DIRECTLY? Those people
spwed attitude before doing anything else.

I received a very polite email from him by the way.

As for my book, I'll send you an autographed copy.
Old December 13th 03, 06:57 PM
D1X Shooter

Hate to bust everyone's bubble, but if you did a search for "Cory Kittle"
on the net you would find a well respected photgrapher who has to much to
lose by scamming the public out of obsolete equipment as you suggest.
I know Cory from Photomigrations.com and other high profile nature
photography boards. He is well liked,trusted and respected among his peers.
Cory has let us know on the forums that due to the war on terror he is back
in the US Military and not able to particapate as much as in the past.
What a shame you could not just do a quick search, see what he was all about
and then confirm it through private email.
In my experence those who trust the least are to trusted least.
My name is James Shadle
I live in Valrico, Florida
My URL is www.wildflorida.net
My email is
I hope this is enough contact info to satisfy everone.

"OutdoorPhoto" wrote in message
Hello, I am about to embark on a new challenge and I desperately need some
help. There is a local troubled youth shelter that I have recently
volunteered my time at to teach the problem kids digital photography. My
plan is to help keep them off the streets and out of gangs, and hopefully
help them look at the world in a different light. We have decided on

digital
to keep the costs and time down and to utilize computer equipment and
printers already at the shelter. Not to mention the instant feedback that
will keep them interested in it more. I think photography is the perfect
tool to really change these kids lives and alot of the shelter employee's
and volunteer's are in agreement with me. I have purchased and donated
several of my own canon eos lower end lenses and have also recieved some
from an estate but we are in desperate need of bodies and a few more

lenses.
I am tapped right now as I am in the US Military for my full time job and

have been a volunteer at the shelter off and on for several years now. I

am
looking for at least 3-4 bodies and a few more inexpensive lenses in the
wide angle to medium telephoto range. It definitely doesnt have to be

state
of the art stuff to make this program work, that is why I am looking for
older digital bodies. I would like to stick with SLR's for the most part
since we already have the lenses and one of the goals is to work with a
local wildlife park to get the kids to interact with the animals. I think

an
slr with some decent telephoto zooms will work best for that. If you have

an
old D30 or D60 you are thinking about getting rid of and would like to
really make a difference supporting this worthy cause, please e-mail me at
. Even if you cant fully donate it, I may be able
scrounge a little money up to buy one or two really cheap if we can get a
couple others donated. Thanks for at least looking and god bless!

Old December 13th 03, 07:56 PM
james

Well, I hate to bust your bubble too, but, if Corry Kittle were such a well
respected photographer then why didn't he just give more detailed
information on his cause from the very beginning. Such as the name of the
shelter and some way to independently verify who he is and the validity of
the charity he said he was working with? There are way too many scams and
scammers on the net to just take someone's word for it these days. It is
too easy to hijack someone's good name and use it to other ends.
By the way, did those people who know Cory from Photomigrations.com and
other "high profile nature photography boards" donate any equipment? How
about a link to the forums on those High Profile Nature Photography boards
so that people can see the results of YOUR generosity and that of others?
And in "my experience" those that trust the least loose the least. It does
not mean that an untrusting person is untrustworthy. It means that they are
cautious from past experience. You get burned a few times and you will
change your attitude.
james

(someone who PUBLICLY asked questions that Cory Kittle never PUBLICLY
answered)

Old December 13th 03, 08:03 PM
james

I just did a search on Photo Migrations forums and there are exactly TWO
posts originated by Cory Kittle and neither one mentions his charity or it
needing used equipment. Kind of strange considering
it would seem normal to mention something this important to him in a
familiar forum where those that trust and respect him would be the most
likely to respond favorably to a request such as the one he posted here
several months ago.
james

Old December 13th 03, 08:13 PM
james

And doing a GOOGLE SEARCH as you suggest and looking to see if he ever
posted a request for used equipment to help the troubled youth shelter where
he volunteers, anywhere else........returned exactly NOTHING. There are 71
hits doing a Google Search for "Cory Kittle", but again, nothing even
remotely mentioning this charity and it's need, other than the post he
originally made here on rec.photo.marketplace.digital group.
So, my question remains, IF this was a legitmate request by CORY KITTLE and
not some name hijacker, then why is his request not mentioned elsewhere?????
And why did he not give the requested information up front? A legitmate
charity would have no problems answering the questions asked. And he never
answered my questions to him in my original response or any made afterwards.
His only response was ridicule.
So, get off your high horse and make sure YOU know what you are talking
about before defending him.
(if indeed it really was Cory Kittle in the first place)
james

Old December 20th 03, 11:09 PM
JB

"D1X Shooter" wrote:
"Hate to bust everyone's bubble, but if you did a search for "Cory Kittle"
on the net you would find a well respected photgrapher who has to much to
lose by scamming the public out of obsolete equipment as you suggest.
My name is James Shadle
I live in Valrico, Florida
My URL is www.wildflorida.net
My email is
I hope this is enough contact info to satisfy everone."

Yup, that's exactly what I did, and although I could not help out, I wished
him luck. I received a very POLITE thank you from him. I mean holy smokes,
the guy even has is PHONE NUMBER up for all to see. Just give him a call.

Thanks for setting everyone straight James. Maybe this will help those kids.
Old December 21st 03, 09:41 PM
D1X Shooter

Thanks JB,
I hope it does.