Canon G5 for sale all in box mint

Old October 9th 03, 12:55 AM
Reginald Perry

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:35:02 -0500, "Q. Lu"
wrote:

Technically speaking, that post didn't show the hostility police need to
allege anything. Mentioning showing up on some one's door step means little.

If he were to find him, and then show up at his door, yes, it would.
He has already established intent in a public forum. At the very
least, it would be trespassing, and harassment. Still a crime.

B" kept going and bragged he was paying for his Hummer. Only he wished I
would believe that lie for a second. Now his cover is blown, I am sure he
will come back with other names. Though it is not hard to pick him out, by
reading the stupidity in his posts.

Just kill filter his e-mail address, then you won't see any of his
posts.

Old October 9th 03, 01:18 AM
Q. Lu

wrote:

Technically speaking, that post didn't show the hostility police need to
allege anything. Mentioning showing up on some one's door step means

little.

If he were to find him, and then show up at his door, yes, it would.
He has already established intent in a public forum. At the very
least, it would be trespassing, and harassment. Still a crime.

A lot of people express intents through public channels everyday. Nobody
takes it seriously unless there is further action.

B" kept going and bragged he was paying for his Hummer. Only he wished I
would believe that lie for a second. Now his cover is blown, I am sure he
will come back with other names. Though it is not hard to pick him out,

by
reading the stupidity in his posts.

Just kill filter his e-mail address, then you won't see any of his
posts.

He will change email addresses too. He used hotmail before.

Old October 9th 03, 04:08 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

You really should consider some anger management counseling. New Yorkers are
stereotyped to be so focused on not getting involved, you're really ruining
that image for me. I'm 50, are you coming down here to Texas to whip my butt
too because you don't approve of my comments? Or maybe with a nom-de-plume
like TXLAZER, you're already here?

You don't see any of us "twits" and "asswipes" as you've so eloquently put
it losing it over a silly NG thread. You really need to get a grip.

Tom P.

"TXLAZER" wrote in message
YOU LITTLE ASSWIPES ARE THE ONES THAT STARTED THIS WHOLE THING, AND YOU

DON'T
SEE ME HIDING BEHIND A HOTMAIL ADDRESS. FROM THE E-MAILS (18 SO FAR) I'VE

BEEN
GETTING SINCE LAST NIGHT APPARENTLY YOU TWITS HAVE UPSET a lot OF PEOPLE

AROUND
HERE, SO PLEASE GO GET DADDY AND LET HIM READ THIS THREAD ASK HIM TO

CONTACT ME
THEN I'LL SEND HIM THE EMAILS I'VE BEEN GETTING FROM YOUR FAN CLUBS, SINCE

I'M
SO EASY TO LOOK UP HAVE HIM GIVE ME A CALL. IF I'M NOT HERE LEAVE A

MESSAGE
I'LL GET BACK REAL SOON
I SEE NO THREAT OF VIOLENCE IN MY POST I JUST SAID THAT I'LL KNOCK ON

YOUR
DOOR TO SEE IF YOU'D LIKE TO CALL ME A JACKASS TO MY FACE, YOU HAVE YOUR

LITTLE
BRAIN ALL WORKED UP, ALTHOUGH I'M GUESSING YOU HAVE GOOD REASON TO! I'M

SURE
THAT YOU GET BEAT UP a lot AT SCHOOL. SO REPORT AWAY YOU MORONS, JUST

REMEMBER
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND, IT'S A SMALL WORLD & I'll BE IN NEW YORK

VISIT
YOU'LL LEARN SOON ENOUGH THAT YOU MUST TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR

ACTIONS,
YOU WONT BE ABLE TO HIDE BEHIND YOUR AGE FOR LONG
Douglas A

Old October 9th 03, 04:38 AM
Reginald Perry

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:18:38 -0500, "Q. Lu"
wrote:

A lot of people express intents through public channels everyday. Nobody
takes it seriously unless there is further action.

Yes, but thats my point. If he shows up at the guys door after making
such a public proclamation, then he will have broken a law, especially
when it seems clear he is ticked off, and isn't going to be an invited
guest

He will change email addresses too. He used hotmail before.

But always the same e-mail address from what I see. Anyway, thats
Usenet for you, goes on every day, all day, in every group. Just have
to learn to live with it, and not let the morons get to you.
Old October 9th 03, 04:40 AM
Reginald Perry

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 22:08:10 -0500, "Tom Pfeiffer"
wrote:

You really should consider some anger management counseling. New Yorkers are
stereotyped to be so focused on not getting involved, you're really ruining
that image for me. I'm 50, are you coming down here to Texas to whip my butt
too because you don't approve of my comments? Or maybe with a nom-de-plume
like TXLAZER, you're already here?

Well, you got one right Tom, he is already there

You don't see any of us "twits" and "asswipes" as you've so eloquently put
it losing it over a silly NG thread. You really need to get a grip.

Yeah, isn't worth getting worked up over. Head over to some of the
audio or computer groups if you want to see people really getting
****ed off and yelling at each other over nothing.

Old October 9th 03, 06:14 AM
Q. Lu

Well Tom, I didn't see you preach the 16-year-old kid when he was full of
"idiots", "****ing moron", "freaks", "retarded" or "jackass". Nor have you
said anything after we blown the cover of your ally "Danny B"-"Zoot
Allure"-"Iam so shure" and proved he is just a pretentious twit. Be fair if
you are going to play the NG cop role. Better yet, stop playing that role,
all right?

Old October 28th 03, 11:23 PM
Jerry C.

=====================================
Q. Lu wrote:

Well Tom, I didn't see you preach the 16-year-old kid when he was full
of "idiots", "****ing moron", "freaks", "retarded" or "jackass". Nor
have you said anything after we blown the cover of your ally "Danny
B"-"Zoot Allure"-"Iam so shure" and proved he is just a pretentious
twit. Be fair if you are going to play the NG cop role. Better yet,
stop playing that role, all right?

Q.Lu,

I haven't jumped into this thread before, but you would do well to
understand this. Tom has been posting here a long time, is respected
here, and speaks for many of us. He and others do a service by
speaking up when the immature or dysfunctional with no idea of ethics or
civility defecate in this newsgroup. It quickly becomes obvious what
behaviour is welcomed here and what behaviour is not. Therefore, when
Tom and others "play the NG cop role" as you put it, it helps keep this
newsgroup relatively clean. Apparently you haven't noticed yet that you
have no support here.

Additionally, a couple of weeks ago, you criticized someone else's
literacy. You shouldn't be presumptuous about this subject. It happens
to be one of your weak points.

Jerry Cipriano

Old October 29th 03, 01:10 AM
Q. Lu

Q. Lu wrote:

[...]

With all due respect, I have been around these NGs for much longer you
thought. I have traded well over $10000 this way over the past years. I can
tell you not a long time ago, say 3-4 years ago, there were not many NG cops
around and people were very happy with trading here. There were dozen's of
ads every day. From some point, these officious users got online and started
playing the cop rule. You have no idea how many people dislike NG cops.
Obviously neither you nor I can provide a statistics on how many people
support whom. I will just point you to look at the number of ads here
nowadays. Many people are turned away by NG cops and users like Danny boy
who never trade here but keep posting irrelevent comments. I don't need
support from bystanders, I visit here to buy and sell. People who trade with
my know my credit.

While Tom P. is not on the level of Danny boy, he is not the role model you
imagined either. Once he criticized one of my ad, but he also asked me
whether it would work with his stuff. I am not going to say that he got
critical on my ad just in order to buy my stuff cheap. You decide what it
is. At least I won't be calling someone a scammer and trying to deal with
him at the same time.

I criticize people on their irrelevent posts, but I don't criticize people
on their asking prices. As long as they own their stuff legally, it is non
of my business how much they ask for. Now if someone keeps posting
irrelevent comments like Danny boy does, or if someone innitiate personal
attacks, I will speak against them. I am pretty consistent on sticking to my
priciples, which are also rules upheld by a lot of users as I noticed.

Frankly, I don't understand why you jumped into this thread so many days
after nobody brought it up. If you decided not to get involved, and this NG
has been pretty quiet for a while, what made you to revisit this thread? It
is none of my business. I just don't see why. It is better to leave this
thread alone now.

Old October 29th 03, 04:47 AM
Tom Pfeiffer

Thanks for the kind words, Jerry. Your post looked kinda funny in my
newsreader because it wasn't part of a thread although it was a reply. Then
I realized that the message you replied to doesn't show up in my newsread
because I got tired of Q.Lu and killfiled him a few weeks back.

Tom P.