A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old April 20th 18, 10:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,307
Default WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work

On Apr 20, 2018, David_B wrote
(in article ):

On 20-Apr-18 9:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 20, 2018, David_B wrote
(in article ):

On 17-Apr-18 11:39 AM, David_B wrote:
A pioneering fingerprint technique used to convict a drugs gang from a
WhatsApp message "is the future" of how police approach evidence to
catch criminals.

An image of a man holding ecstasy tablets in his palm was found on the
mobile of someone arrested in Bridgend.

It was sent to South Wales Police's scientific support unit and helped
to secure 11 convictions.

These are believed to be the first convictions in Wales from
fingerprints taken from a photograph.

The unit's Dave Thomas described its use as "groundbreaking" and said
officers are now looking more closely at photographs on phones seized
for potential evidence.

'Ecstasy pills for sale' in WhatsApp message
Teens found selling drugs on Snapchat and Instagram
How drugs are offered on Instagram
He said: "It is an old-fashioned technique [fingerprinting], not new.

"Ultimately, beyond everything else, we took a phone and looked at
everything on it - we knew it had a hand with drugs on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43711477

Did ANYONE watch this video?


Yes.


I'm pleased. :-)

This is 'cutting edge' photography and interpretation!


No. It was just another way to obtain a partial fingerprint, and to confirm
the identity of a subject.

Fingerprint ID in forensics has been viable concept since 1853. Charles
Darwin’s cousin, Sir Francis Galton studied the use of unique fingerprints
for identification in the 1880’s.

In 1891 an Argentine police official, Juan Vucetich created the first police
fingerprint files. In Buenos Aires in 1892 a Vucetich trainee, Inspector
Eduado Alvarez made the first criminal identification from a latent print at
a crime scene.

The fingerprint branch at New Scotland Yard was established in 1901. The New
York Service Commission, The NY State Prison system, and Leavenworth Federal
Penitentary started using fingerprints in 1903.

The US Army starts using fingerprints for ID, and the US Department of
Justice forms the Bureau of Criminal Identification, to create a centralized
reference collection of fingerprint cards in 1905. There was yet to be an
FBI.

In 1910 Fredrick Brayley published the first American text book on
fingerprints; “Arrangement of Fingerprints, Identification, and Their
Uses.”

Things have moved on since then with current advanced technology, so no,
what
was used in that case was not ‘cutting edge’, just an opportunistic
windfall of evidence.


I appreciate your response and for the historical insights.

I personally believe that few criminals would have imagined that the
police could have identified someone from an online photograph of a hand!


The police already knew who their target subject was, the photograph of his
hand with the partial print was just another piece of evidence leading to the
conviction.

As for the stupidity of providing the gift of that photograph to the police,
the dealer was complacent, arrogant, and stupid. Think Dunning-Kruger Effect.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

  #12  
Old April 20th 18, 11:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,307
Default WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work

On Apr 20, 2018, David_B wrote
(in article ):

On 20-Apr-18 10:43 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 20, 2018, David_B wrote
(in article ):

On 20-Apr-18 9:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:


Superfluous stuff snipped


Things have moved on since then with current advanced technology, so no,
what was used in that case was not ‘cutting edge’, just an opportunistic
windfall of evidence.

I appreciate your response and for the historical insights.

I personally believe that few criminals would have imagined that the
police could have identified someone from an online photograph of a hand!


The police already knew who their target subject was, the photograph of his
hand with the partial print was just another piece of evidence leading to
the conviction.


Agreed.

As for the stupidity of providing the gift of that photograph to the police,
the dealer was complacent, arrogant, and stupid. Think Dunning-Kruger
Effect.


Rather like Dus...


....and you just couldn’t resist degrading this thread into a TROLL for your
personal vendetta. I believe we have said all there is to say in this thread,
and there is no need to take it further.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

  #13  
Old April 22nd 18, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 336
Default WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work

Savageduck
news.com Fri, 20
Apr 2018 20:25:49 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Apr 20, 2018, David_B wrote
(in article ):

On 17-Apr-18 11:39 AM, David_B wrote:
A pioneering fingerprint technique used to convict a drugs gang
from a WhatsApp message "is the future" of how police approach
evidence to catch criminals.

An image of a man holding ecstasy tablets in his palm was found
on the mobile of someone arrested in Bridgend.

It was sent to South Wales Police's scientific support unit and
helped to secure 11 convictions.

These are believed to be the first convictions in Wales from
fingerprints taken from a photograph.

The unit's Dave Thomas described its use as "groundbreaking"
and said officers are now looking more closely at photographs
on phones seized for potential evidence.

'Ecstasy pills for sale' in WhatsApp message
Teens found selling drugs on Snapchat and Instagram
How drugs are offered on Instagram
He said: "It is an old-fashioned technique [fingerprinting],
not new.

"Ultimately, beyond everything else, we took a phone and looked
at everything on it - we knew it had a hand with drugs on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43711477


Did ANYONE watch this video?


Yes.

This is 'cutting edge' photography and interpretation!


No. It was just another way to obtain a partial fingerprint, and
to confirm the identity of a subject.

Fingerprint ID in forensics has been viable concept since 1853.
Charles Darwin’s cousin, Sir Francis Galton studied the use of
unique fingerprints for identification in the 1880’s.


It's pseudo science.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM1QgwaKv4s


--
To prevent yourself from being a victim of cyber
stalking, it's highly recommended you visit he
https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php
================================================== =
Variables won't; constants aren't.
  #14  
Old April 22nd 18, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 336
Default WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work

David_B
Fri, 20 Apr 2018 21:01:16 GMT
in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On 20-Apr-18 9:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 20, 2018, David_B wrote
(in article ):

On 17-Apr-18 11:39 AM, David_B wrote:
A pioneering fingerprint technique used to convict a drugs gang
from a WhatsApp message "is the future" of how police approach
evidence to catch criminals.

An image of a man holding ecstasy tablets in his palm was found
on the mobile of someone arrested in Bridgend.

It was sent to South Wales Police's scientific support unit and
helped to secure 11 convictions.

These are believed to be the first convictions in Wales from
fingerprints taken from a photograph.

The unit's Dave Thomas described its use as "groundbreaking"
and said officers are now looking more closely at photographs
on phones seized for potential evidence.

'Ecstasy pills for sale' in WhatsApp message
Teens found selling drugs on Snapchat and Instagram
How drugs are offered on Instagram
He said: "It is an old-fashioned technique [fingerprinting],
not new.

"Ultimately, beyond everything else, we took a phone and looked
at everything on it - we knew it had a hand with drugs on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43711477

Did ANYONE watch this video?


Yes.


I'm pleased. :-)

This is 'cutting edge' photography and interpretation!


No. It was just another way to obtain a partial fingerprint, and
to confirm the identity of a subject.

Fingerprint ID in forensics has been viable concept since 1853.
Charles Darwin’s cousin, Sir Francis Galton studied the use of
unique fingerprints for identification in the 1880’s.

In 1891 an Argentine police official, Juan Vucetich created the
first police fingerprint files. In Buenos Aires in 1892 a
Vucetich trainee, Inspector Eduado Alvarez made the first
criminal identification from a latent print at a crime scene.

The fingerprint branch at New Scotland Yard was established in
1901. The New York Service Commission, The NY State Prison
system, and Leavenworth Federal Penitentary started using
fingerprints in 1903.

The US Army starts using fingerprints for ID, and the US
Department of Justice forms the Bureau of Criminal
Identification, to create a centralized reference collection of
fingerprint cards in 1905. There was yet to be an FBI.

In 1910 Fredrick Brayley published the first American text book
on fingerprints; “Arrangement of Fingerprints, Identification,
and Their Uses.”

Things have moved on since then with current advanced technology,
so no, what was used in that case was not ‘cutting edge’,
just an opportunistic windfall of evidence.


I appreciate your response and for the historical insights.


You probably won't like this rebuttal concerning how reliable
fingerprints is, then...:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM1QgwaKv4s

Adam ruins everything - forensic science. It's quite educational if
you're one of those people who thinks what they see in movies and on
TV in relation to crime/crime scene investigation is accurate.

For those who already know how unreliable fingerprinting is, you may
find that section of the video a bit dull.

I personally believe that few criminals would have imagined that
the police could have identified someone from an online photograph
of a hand!


They haven't. It's junk science.




--
To prevent yourself from being a victim of cyber
stalking, it's highly recommended you visit he
https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php
================================================== =
'the abyss gazes also into you.'
  #15  
Old April 22nd 18, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 336
Default WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work

Savageduck
news.com Fri, 20
Apr 2018 21:28:41 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Apr 20, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , David_B
wrote:


I personally believe that few criminals would have imagined
that the police could have identified someone from an online
photograph of a hand!


it was much more than that.


Yup.

The police already had a suspect, the partial print just confirmed
things.


Maybe it confirmed things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM1QgwaKv4s

Fingerprinting isn't reliable science.


--
To prevent yourself from being a victim of cyber
stalking, it's highly recommended you visit he
https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php
================================================== =
Why doesn't DOS ever say 'Excellent command or filename!'
  #16  
Old April 22nd 18, 09:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 336
Default WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work

Savageduck
news.com Fri, 20
Apr 2018 22:40:59 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

snip

...and you just couldn’t resist degrading this thread into a
TROLL for your personal vendetta. I believe we have said all there
is to say in this thread, and there is no need to take it further.



Don't become the next David Brooks cyberstalking victim!
Visit https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php (10/10 WOT)
to learn more. If you've already become a victim or know someone who
has, you can provide the following information to them, your lawyer,
local law enforcement, etc.
David Brooks (BoaterDave)
Jersey Cottage 86 Granary Lane
Budleigh Salterton Devon EX9 6ER United Kingdom
Phone: 44-1395-443340 (H) 07974-193550 (M)
Email(s): ,


Which is why the warning above is present. It's also why the site in
the warning above exists.

https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php

As things didn't continue going his way, you'll notice he hasn't
responded any further in the thread. One would think you would have
smartened up a bit quicker by now since he tried to dox you once
already. Alas, some people are destined to learn, slowly, if they
retain the knowledge they acquired, at all.



--
To prevent yourself from being a victim of cyber
stalking, it's highly recommended you visit he
https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php
================================================== =
Plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery.
  #17  
Old April 22nd 18, 10:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 61
Default WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work

On 22-Apr-18 9:52 PM, Diesel wrote:
Do you have any proof of that, David?


Yes.

Here's an example of your illicit work:-

https://torrentdownloads.sitescrack....il%29-2013-hhi

I sent the video of you in your 'Lab' to the police in Kingsport, TN
some weeks ago.

HTH

--
David B.
  #18  
Old April 23rd 18, 01:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 336
Default WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work

David_B
Sun, 22 Apr 2018 21:49:22 GMT
in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On 22-Apr-18 9:52 PM, Diesel wrote:
Do you have any proof of that, David?


Yes.


So the proof is where?

Here's an example of your illicit work:-

https://torrentdownloads.sitescrack....16086/the_band
_perry-pioneer-%28retail%29-2013-hhi


Your proof that directly ties me to that is?

I sent the video of you in your 'Lab' to the police in Kingsport,
TN some weeks ago.


So you admit then to keeping an unauthorized copy of my copyrighted
video? I fail to see how a short video that you attempted to alter
and somehow lost the audio track to as a result is evidence of any
wrong doing on my part, David. I remind you, the only thing you've
demonstrated by the above admission is once again, what I've written
about you and your stalking as well as intentional copyright
infringing ways is true. I'm sure professional/semi professional
photographers love people like you. /sarcasm.

After all, I'm not the only one who has material you've retained
unauthorized copies of for future unauthorized distribution. And, i'm
sure I won't be the last either. Not with all the fresh meat you've
found here.

Btw, you forgot to answer this question:

And, why did you feel it necessary to mention me in this thread?

I also couldn't help but notice you didn't comment on anything else I
wrote which discussed how we know each other and why things are the
way they are between us. Are you concerned that if you did try to lie
about it and deny any of it, that I'd post MIDs here for all to see
that you were lying? If so, it's a valid concern.

I'm not really concerned with proving you're a liar at this point
though, David. It's fairly safe to say, that's well known about you
now and doesn't require further reminding.

You pretty well finalized that for us all when you claimed a specific
malware executable file was present on the tekrider site, knowing the
entire time, it *never* was. Your issue with the site is the honest
warning it provides others about you. Which, by your own actions
here, confirm the warning is accurate and should be taken seriously.

In case you forgot, David, this is the site which warns others about
your kooky and potentially harmful behaviors:

To prevent yourself from being a victim of cyber
stalking, it's highly recommended you visit he
https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php

--
To prevent yourself from being a victim of cyber
stalking, it's highly recommended you visit he
https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php
================================================== =
I got a gun for my wife. Pretty good trade, huh?
  #19  
Old April 26th 18, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 336
Default WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work

Whisky-dave
Mon, 23
Apr 2018 10:20:23 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Friday, 20 April 2018 22:01:26 UTC+1, David_B wrote:
On 20-Apr-18 9:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:



I appreciate your response and for the historical insights.

I personally believe that few criminals would have imagined that
the police could have identified someone from an online
photograph of a hand!


Luckily most criminals are pretty stupid, some take selfies with
lots of money around them or do youtube videos of themselves doing
a ton down the motorway, I guess they were suprised that a photo
could be used to read finger prints and related imagary from high
resolution cameras. Surely they have heard of those space cameras
controlled by the CIA, FBI and the secret services that can pick
out a pimple on a pimple on a pigs arse from space.


Some even go so far as to upload something that doesn't belong to
them to youtube, post the url, and challenge the rightful owner of
the video to do something about it. Yes, David IS that kind of
stupid. Not only was the video removed from his channel, google also
found a copy present on his google drive and removed that too for me.
I know this only because he posted complaining (no, really, he did)
that google had done that to him.

To Davids credit, although he's not the brightest criminal, his gift
of gab does allow him to easily phish for new victims and/or
assistance in dealing with the ones he already has. So long as he
posts to a newsgroup where he wasn't already a regular and isn't
'known' for what he is, just yet. If he's posting to a forum instead,
it's likely via a new account he created due to the prior one(s)
getting banned for repeat forum rules violations.

He believes ban evasion is perfectly okay and he has the right to
use/abuse another persons/companies equipment and network resources
as he likes. Even if he's already been told he's not welcome there.

He comes across as an innocent person, and within a short period of
time, exposes his nature. Usually not before BSing one or more
regulars of the newsgroup, though.

At last count, he got HH, SavageDuck, possibly yourself and another I
can't remember the posting nym of. I do believe that when he abused
the information he learned from private (email?) correspondence with
Savageduck that mrDuck realized, hey, gee, maybe the guys who arrived
after David and posted warnings about him were right after all.

A little too late in his case though, David has already addressed him
by what one can only assume is his first name. Hopefully mr duck
didn't get too personal beyond that. If he did, it's only a matter of
time before Savageduck says or does something that irks David enough
to drop more personal information to bring Savageduck back in
'check' if you will.

Alas, some people really are the kind that have to learn the hard
way. Hopefully you aren't one of them. If you are, well, don't say I
didn't warn you.



--
To prevent yourself from being a victim of cyber
stalking, it's highly recommended you visit he
https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php
================================================== =
Without Time, everything would happen at once
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Rihanna says about Whitney Houston's drug habit and more [email protected] Digital Photography 0 November 13th 07 05:51 AM
Major Short Squeeze Likely / FDA Drug Approval [email protected] Digital Photography 1 June 21st 06 10:04 PM
Major Short Squeeze Likely / FDA Drug Approval [email protected] Digital SLR Cameras 0 June 21st 06 09:04 PM
Major Short Squeeze Likely / FDA Drug Approval [email protected] Digital SLR Cameras 0 June 21st 06 09:04 PM
Drug store processing cost Wa6tkq Film & Labs 1 October 8th 03 05:44 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.