Traditional B&W Interest Group

Old February 28th 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default Traditional B&W Interest Group

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
On 10-02-28 14:35 , wrote:
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

hmmm...film is not digital? Well, what is the antonym - the opposite -
of digital? You know - if something is not digital, then it is.....
Well, son of a gun!!!

The opposite of "digital" is not "analog" anymore than the opposite of
human is fish.

I'm sorry this is such a mystery to folks.

[chuckle] Aside from deep grained belief on your part, any solid verifiable
references/links/citations from you to substantiate that "The opposite of
"digital" is not "analog" "? I've referenced a number of links that do
state that the antonym - the opposite - of "digital" is "analog." However
just as I don't question the beliefs of Muslims, Christians, Jews,
Buddhists, Hindus, and the like, far be it for me to question what you say
if indeed you say what you do say from similar deep seated belief in the
absence on your part of any - any - verifiable substantiation. After all,
if you say it is so because you say it is so and because you truly believe
that it is so...who am I to say that you say what you say is other than what
you really believe to be so even though you cannot provide any verifiable
reference/link/citation that it is in fact so? So....where are those
verifiable references/links/citations?

Old February 28th 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Noons" wrote in message
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote,on my timestamp of 1/03/2010 5:05 AM:

At some point somebody used the term analog for film and it caught on
like wildfire. That doesn't make it "right".
You watch: next he's gonna tell us that film grain is the same as
pixels...
.

Well, yes. Of course. Those little itsy bitsy bits of silver halide are
either fully developed or totally undeveloped. Not a single, solitary
one in any kind of between or betwixt state. A binary based imagery
system film is, it clearly not being an analog imagery system according
to him.

I said Alan. Not you, twerp. You just showed everyone how totally out of
it you are. Get back in the troll hole you came from.

hmmm...film is not digital? Well, what is the antonym - the opposite -
of digital? You know - if something is not digital, then it is.....
Well, son of a gun!!!

That would be a perfect definition of yours.
.

tsk, tsk, tsk...temper, temper, temper......

Old March 1st 10, 06:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
[email protected]

On 10-02-28 14:35 , wrote:
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
[...]

His Dad was an engineer and told him.. I thought that cleared this up?

I tried explaining about how digital is "in fixed steps" and analog is
continuously variable etc but he is fixated on his own personal definition.

Stephanie
Old March 1st 10, 09:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Noons" wrote in message
On Mar 1, 9:40 am, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

.

tsk, tsk, tsk...temper, temper, temper......

No, just pointing out the imbecile nature of your post.

Old March 1st 10, 09:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

wrote:

.

tsk, tsk, tsk...temper, temper, temper......

No, just pointing out the imbecile nature of your post.

[chuckle, chuckle, chuckle] Those who cannot substantiate that which they
say always resort to ad hominems, do they not?

Old March 1st 10, 10:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Noons

Lawrence Akutagawa wrote,on my timestamp of 1/03/2010 7:12 PM:

.

tsk, tsk, tsk...temper, temper, temper......

No, just pointing out the imbecile nature of your post.

[chuckle, chuckle, chuckle] Those who cannot substantiate that which they
say always resort to ad hominems, do they not?

Precisely. Where is your substantiation? Ah yes: missing, as expected.
Get lost, troll.
Old March 1st 10, 04:18 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Noons" wrote in message
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote,on my timestamp of 1/03/2010 7:12 PM:

.
tsk, tsk, tsk...temper, temper, temper......

No, just pointing out the imbecile nature of your post.

[chuckle, chuckle, chuckle] Those who cannot substantiate that which
they say always resort to ad hominems, do they not?

Precisely. Where is your substantiation? Ah yes: missing, as expected.
Get lost, troll.

Why...I did. In fact, I provided - let's see -six
references/citations/links. If you can't read, don't blame anyone here.
Ditto should you not be able to fully comprehend that which you read if
indeed read you can. And if you can't recognize sarcasm, that failing on
your part is - I'm afraid - yours.

hmmm....and all we have from you as per my post is this ad hominem based
ranting and raving, do we not?