Can't figure out diark slide on RB67.

Old August 30th 08, 08:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Q.G. de Bakker

Default Can't figure out diark slide on RB67.

Alan Browne wrote:

I don't have an RB67, but on all the removable back MF SLRs I've owned,
it just slides into a slit in the side. Some will have another slot to
store the thing when you're shooting.

I wish Victor had thought of that. I've misplaced my 500C/M dark slide a
dozen times...

I never understood this "where do i keep the slide" thing.
I put it where the camera came out off.

Old August 30th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Mr. Strat wrote:
In article , Shiva Das
wrote:

You mean you _don't_ keep it in your mouth? I thought everyone did...

I always kept mine in my back pocket - which is why they all have a
little bend in them.

Sacrilege.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old August 30th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Q.G. de Bakker wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

I don't have an RB67, but on all the removable back MF SLRs I've owned,
it just slides into a slit in the side. Some will have another slot to
store the thing when you're shooting.

I wish Victor had thought of that. I've misplaced my 500C/M dark slide a
dozen times...

I never understood this "where do i keep the slide" thing.
I put it where the camera came out off.

90% of the time so do I.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old August 31st 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ric Trexell

"Ric Trexell" wrote in message
net...
It is suppose to go between the two silver lines on the right
side is it not? Nothing moves there...Thanks. Ric in Wisconsin.

************************************************** **************
Thanks again for all those that offered help. I know it is supposed to go
between the lines on the right side of the camera, I said as much in my
original post. I also know that you can keep it on the left side of the
camera when not in use. The thing that has me puzzled is that I expected it
to be like the little door on a floppy drive in a computer that moves out of
the way when it is inserted. Nothing seems to move and I was wondering if
something had to be moved like a lever or something. Perhaps mine is frozen
or stuck. I will look it over closer but I might have to take it to someone
that knows what I'm doing wrong. Ric.

Old August 31st 08, 08:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Noons

Ric Trexell wrote,on my timestamp of 31/08/2008 1:31 PM:

camera when not in use. The thing that has me puzzled is that I expected it
to be like the little door on a floppy drive in a computer that moves out of
the way when it is inserted. Nothing seems to move and I was wondering if
something had to be moved like a lever or something. Perhaps mine is frozen
or stuck. I will look it over closer but I might have to take it to someone
that knows what I'm doing wrong. Ric.

There is no door whatsoever. If you have a late model Pro-s back,
there is an interlock that won't let you remove the dark slide
unless the back is mounted on a camera. That is to stop you from
removing the slide and accidentally exposing the film surface.
You can only remove the DS when the back is mounted on the camera.

Should be same for putting it back, but have never tried it outside
the camera. The interlock is a little tab on the edge of the back,
but my advice is to leave it alone. The reason there is no door for
the slot is that the slot itself is lined up with light baffle
material that won't let light in but will let the DS in and out.

HTH
Old August 31st 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

Ric Trexell wrote:
[...]

If it's at all like the Hasselbald, the darkslide does push a plate
(parallel to the slide) back to let the slide in ... the whole has to
keep the dark from leaking out as well...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old August 31st 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
mj[_2_]

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
If it's at all like the Hasselbald, the darkslide does push a plate
(parallel to the slide) back to let the slide in ... the whole has to keep
the dark from leaking out as well...

The light baffle in the RB Pro & ProS magazines is a felt covered plate that
has springy tabs under it to push it up to cover the slot when the slide is
removed. The slide sets in a recessed area that is as deep as the slide is
thick. Hope this wasn't to confusing.

Old August 31st 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Alan Browne

mj wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
If it's at all like the Hasselbald, the darkslide does push a plate
(parallel to the slide) back to let the slide in ... the whole has to keep
the dark from leaking out as well...

The light baffle in the RB Pro & ProS magazines is a felt covered plate that
has springy tabs under it to push it up to cover the slot when the slide is
removed. The slide sets in a recessed area that is as deep as the slide is
thick. Hope this wasn't to confusing.

Reply to the OP, not me.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.