Mamiya M645 model indent

Old June 28th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
scenic_man[_2_]

Default Mamiya M645 model indent

I recently purchased a second-hand Mamiya M645,
together with a boatload of equipment.

The manual that came with it says "M645 J" on the cover.
However, I have noted minor discrepancies here and there.

One that has my attention at the moment
is a rotating lever just forward of the film-advance knob (or crank)
labeled "M.U." in the 9:00 position,
where 12:00 seems to be the normal position.

This control does not appear in any pictures in the manual.
Can anyone identify (a) what this control is and does, and
(b) what model this implies that I have?

Thanks.

Old September 17th 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Michael Kulikowski

scenic_man schrieb:
I recently purchased a second-hand Mamiya M645,
together with a boatload of equipment.

The manual that came with it says "M645 J" on the cover.
However, I have noted minor discrepancies here and there.

One that has my attention at the moment
is a rotating lever just forward of the film-advance knob (or crank)
labeled "M.U." in the 9:00 position,
where 12:00 seems to be the normal position.

This control does not appear in any pictures in the manual.
Can anyone identify (a) what this control is and does, and
(b) what model this implies that I have?

Thanks.

The M(irror) U(p)-Functionality is a M645(1000)-Feature only.
Underneath the upper Shutter-Realease-Button is the name of your camera: it
reads either "M645" or "M645/1000S". If it's "M645/1000S" then the fastest
shutter speed will be 1/1000 of a second (compared to 1/500 at the "M645").

Check out http://www.butkus.org/chinon/mamiya.htm for further information.

Greets,
Michael

-----

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse"
-- Capt. Edward A. Murphy, USAF

homepage: e-Mail:
http://www.mikul.at.tf