Using Filters on C330s

Old June 3rd 04, 01:05 AM
Ken Burns

Default Using Filters on C330s

Yeah, yeah, Bob. We've heard your explanation before. All of this means
that if someone has some used Heliopan branded equipment, they're stuck with
it. How can anyone prove that a Heliopan filter was or wasn't legally
imported. I own one Heliopan center filter I bought a number of years ago.
After the problems you've caused other photographers I wish I had never
contributed to the success of HP Marketing. I guarantee that I will never
buy another Heliopan brand product nor any other product imported and/or
distributed by HP Marketing.

KB

"Bob Salomon" wrote in message
In article . net,
"Ken Burns" wrote:

Bob, it is true because you've done it before. This issue has been
discussed a number of times on this and other NGs. Don't deny it

because
you'll make a fool of yourself.

KB

Ken,

The facts a

1 HP Marketing Corp. owns the Heliopan Trademark in the U.S.
2 HP Marketing Corp. has registered the Heliopan Trademark with U.S.
Customs.
3 U.S. Customs is enpowered to seize and confiscate any products bearing
the Heliopan Trademark that is not imported by the official U.S.
importer (HP Marketing Corp.)
4 Ebay honors Trademark and will cancel any offers for Heliopan product
that is not imported by H. P. Marketing Corp. New or used product.

That means that if someone is living outside the U.S. and is offering
Heliopan to people in the U.S. Ebay will cancel the auction.

That means that if you live in the U.S. and are offering Heliopan
products that were properly imported into the U.S. that you can offer
them for sale on Ebay to your hearts content.

That is why at the current time there are 18 auctions currently running
on Ebay that are for or that include Heliopan products and another 18
offering mostly new Heliopan through Ebay stores.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.

Old June 3rd 04, 01:45 AM
Bob Salomon

In article k.net,
"Ken Burns" wrote:

Yeah, yeah, Bob. We've heard your explanation before. All of this means
that if someone has some used Heliopan branded equipment, they're stuck with
it. How can anyone prove that a Heliopan filter was or wasn't legally
imported. I own one Heliopan center filter I bought a number of years ago.
After the problems you've caused other photographers I wish I had never
contributed to the success of HP Marketing. I guarantee that I will never
buy another Heliopan brand product nor any other product imported and/or
distributed by HP Marketing.

KB

You seem to have a one track mind.

Post your filter on ebay and sell it. If you are in the U.S. then there
is no problem with your posting it for sale in the U.S.

If you are not in the U.S. then Ebay will stop any offers for your
filter in the U.S. but you can sell it on Ebay in any other country.

Simple?

If you have a problem with this policy contact Ebay. They are the ones
who uphold registered Trademarks.

Or are you complaining because you are not in the U.S. and want to
violate Ebay's Trademark policies?

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old June 3rd 04, 02:26 AM
Ken Burns

I am in the US and have no intentions to violate ebay's policies. I just
think that HP Marketing should not prevent photographers from selling their
used equipment to whoever wants to buy it, no matter where they are located.
Ebay might be the one who supposedly upholds your trademark, but you are the
one who insures they are aware of some poor photographer in Canada trying to
sell a lens that just happens to have one of your precious filters on it
that might possibly have been purchased elsewhere. Geez, Bob, its a used
filter!!! Today we live, work, and sell in a global economy, and HP
Marketing needs to keep up with the changes.

Old June 3rd 04, 09:25 AM
Bob Salomon

"Ken Burns" wrote:

[...]

Sorry Ken but as Ebay points out to sellers it is their responsibility
to make sure the item they are selling meets the standards for sale on
ebay when a Trademark is concerned. The poster is even directed to a
site on ebay with a pretty complete list of which trademarks are
registered and protected.

All one needs to do is to make sure that they can list the item in
question without it being proscribed.

Unfortunately most sellers do not check and end up violating the
Trademark laws of the U.S. as well as the policies of ebay.

If you are not happy with the Trademark laws and the procedures of the
U.S. Customs service then you should vent your aggravation to the people
who can change that policy - your elected representatives to Congress,
to the people who enforce the policies, U.S. Customs and the people who
remove the ads for violating Trademark regulations - ebay.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.