Adobe Photo Delux 4.0

Old September 27th 04, 04:02 AM
Scott Blanch

Default Adobe Photo Delux 4.0

I have been trying to reinstall Adobe PhotoDelux 4.0 into my p.c (Dell P3 win XP )but I just get this message; C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS Microsoft Windows applications. choose close to terminate the application.
I then get 2 buttons to choose from "Close" or "Ignore". Both buttons closes the install. I have had this program installed previously with no dramas. I get the same message when trying to install Serif photo plus 6. Any Ideas anyone?
Old September 27th 04, 08:35 AM
Bob Williams

Scott Blanch wrote:
I have been trying to reinstall Adobe PhotoDelux 4.0 into my p.c (Dell
P3 win XP )but I just get this message; C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
the system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS Microsoft Windows
applications. choose close to terminate the application.
I then get 2 buttons to choose from "Close" or "Ignore". Both buttons
closes the install. I have had this program installed previously with
no dramas. I get the same message when trying to install Serif photo
plus 6. Any Ideas anyone?

Photo Deluxe 4.0 is a very old program that worked well on DOS-based
systems like Win 95,98, ME but perhaps it is incompatible with Win Xp
which is not DOS-based. By today's standards Photo Deluxe 4.0 is lame.
I'd suggest you get a copy of Photoshop Elements 2.0 or wait a month or
so for PS Elements 3.0. Elements is very powerful and has all of the
features a novice needs.
Bob Williams

Old September 27th 04, 10:15 AM
serendip

For a soltuion, please visit http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324767. Save config.nt , autoexec.nt and command.com in a folder and reinstall these files in windows\system32 whenever the problem arises.