Puttin' an oar in...

Old July 16th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Doug Jewell[_3_]

Default Puttin' an oar in...

CanonAE14fun wrote:
I don't know D-Mac, never had the pleasure of meeting...him? her?..but
I know some things about getting along with people. I scrolled through
severak posts, and D-Mac evidently has angered a lot of people, and
others like him. If D-Mac HAS behaved so terribly,hating...him?...will
accomplish exactly NOTHING good, in fact, people who hate and resent
and won't forgive others often wind up dying YEARS younger than people
who are better at letting go of angry thoughts and feelings. Also, the
more you rave on about someone you hate, the more miserable you make
YOURSELF,the psyche often heals itself unless we persist in ripping
off the scabs and bleeding and hurting some MORE.

It's not so much hate, as calling him out for his lies and
deceit. Aside from the poor business ethics he has
demonstrated numerous times, he comes on here and says
things that are just plain wrong.
For example he advised someone (Jeff R?) that they should be
doing their panoramas by moving linearly rather than
rotating the camera around the nodal point.
Or the time he tried to explain how to get good quality
prints, and came out with a heap of garbage about frontiers
having their black carried as part of the green signal.
Or more recently, when he took a photo of a long-billed
corella and tried to call it a galah. He is consistently
wrong, and when someone tries to correct him he becomes
aggressive.
If the person is REALLY bad, sometimes forgiveness is best
accomplished LONG DISTANCE. I know that my ex and I get along FAMOUSLY
now that we live 1200 miles apart.

Nice in theory. And at one time there was a truce between
D-Mac and Bret. But guess who the first to break that truce.
So let it go, and go on a shoot, and decide that you've been angry and
bitter long enough, and it's ending TODAY. Get on with your life, and
let the dogs bark.

I'd love to go on a shoot, but my main camera has been away
at repair for 8 weeks, and now my standby has gone south.
Plus the weather at the moment is terrible.
Cindy

Old July 16th 08, 08:51 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Nice Mice

Doug Jewell wrote:

It's not so much hate, as calling him out for his lies and deceit. Aside
from the poor business ethics he has demonstrated numerous times, he
comes on here and says things that are just plain wrong.
For example he advised someone (Jeff R?) that they should be doing their
panoramas by moving linearly rather than rotating the camera around the
nodal point.

Or the time he tried to explain how to get good quality prints, and came
out with a heap of garbage about frontiers having their black carried as
part of the green signal.

Well now. Doug Jewell demonstrating his inability to recall events.
That's OK, he's been pretty hazy with vital information in the past, why
let the truth interfere with his attack now?

It was Troy Piggins to whom I suggested should try "stepped out"
panorama instead of making boring old rotational ones like everyone
else. He actually seemed to have some interest in producing startling
photos.

If the retard from Rooty Hill hadn't tried to make himself out to be a
genius, I probably would have shared the pano I made of the harbour
front which incidentally has been sold on canvas and vinyl to a number
of marine identities in Manly. So much for his juvenile antics.

As for the Frontier?
Absolutely uses the green channel to carry it's black information. Then
it makes a mix of the primaries to produce it's version of black at the
time of printing.

Nothing new in this. My lambda did it just as all RGB devises, be they
printers or television sets do the same thing. If you have not got a
handle of that yet, maybe your bigoted attitude that you know everything
is the reason for your latent stupidity and God awful photography?
Old July 16th 08, 10:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

Nice Mice wrote:

If the retard from Rooty Hill hadn't tried to make himself out to be a
genius, I probably would have shared the pano I made of the harbour
front which incidentally has been sold on canvas and vinyl to a number
of marine identities in Manly. So much for his juvenile antics.

Liar!
You have not produced that picture and you certainly have not sold it, on
canvas or vinyl or any other medium, to any real-world person. You know you
haven't, Doug.
You know you can't.
You know you're lying.

Prove me wrong!
I dare you!

Just post the proof.

Name the "marine identities" in Manly. Drop a hint. Show us the print.
...but you can't, can you. Liar.

Oh - and by the way - I've told you befo "Rooty Hill" is a direction,
not a location; at least when talking to you.

Another thing - please point out where I have claimed to a "genius", in any
way, shape or form.
I'm sorry if I intimidate you so, Doug. You'll just have to come to grips
with that.

For pity's sake, Doug, take the pills before your relapse hits you hard.

--
Jeff R.

Old July 16th 08, 12:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Doug Jewell[_3_]

Nice Mice wrote:
Doug Jewell wrote:

[...]

OK, so it was Troy instead of Jeff, which I knew I wasn't
100% sure of, hence the question mark. But the rest of the
story is the same. You suggested doing a "stepped out" (to
use your made up term) panorama instead of a rotational
pano. You then went on to claim you had created a "stepped
out" panorama, which was subsequently proven to be done by
rotation. You lied.

If the retard from Rooty Hill hadn't tried to make himself out to be a
genius, I probably would have shared the pano I made of the harbour
front which incidentally has been sold on canvas and vinyl to a number
of marine identities in Manly. So much for his juvenile antics.

Whether you sold it or not, doesn't change the fact that it
wasn't a linear panorama as you claimed.

As for the Frontier?
Absolutely uses the green channel to carry it's black information. Then
it makes a mix of the primaries to produce it's version of black at the
time of printing.

Utterly mangled. I guess you are partly right - 1/3 of the
"black information" is carried in the green. Apparently
according to you, black is a colour in it's own right is it?

Nothing new in this. My lambda did it just as all RGB devises, be they
printers or television sets do the same thing.

You really have NFI do you? I can only assume that your
"green channel to carry it's[sic] black" garbage comes from
a misunderstanding of composite video signals, which have a
luminance channel. Other than the basic principle that
colour is made from a combination of Red, Green & Blue
light, there is very little in common between between
television signal transmission and digital printing.
If you have not got a
handle of that yet, maybe your bigoted attitude that you know everything
is the reason for your latent stupidity and God awful photography?

SarcasmOuch that hurt/Sarcasm. Considering the source,
that is most definitely a compliment.