Linear pano - halfway home!

Old July 15th 08, 05:08 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Jeff R.

Default Linear pano - halfway home!

"Annika1980" wrote in message
Here's what I have so far. It is kind of sloppy in spots, especially
the sidewalk and the roof. I think I'll re-shoot it with a lot more
images.

Nice work.

Those shingles and sidewalk cracks are buggers, though, as you say.

It'll drive you mad taking more images - but hey! Its only a short drive,
yes?
You need to take slices narrow enough so that you can distort the
perspective into "parallel" for each slice. You sure you wanna do that?
(I'm thinking hundreds of shots, here.)

What you have done is nicely fudged, however. It does demonstrate
beautifully the insoluble problem of depth - denied elsewhere.

....and...

Ye Gods! That school is a soul-less foreboding horrid-looking institution.
Unfair of me to say so, but that's how it *feels* here.

Thanks for the lesson(s).

--
Jeff R.

Old July 15th 08, 08:55 AM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Jeff R. wrote:

[...]

Maybe they want to intimidate the little kids into being good. Inside
it is probably a lot more inviting.