The Gallahs from AU just keep quiet...

Old July 11th 08, 10:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Doug Jewell[_3_]

Default The Gallahs from AU just keep quiet...

Cryptopix wrote:
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/art-photos/galaha.htm

gallah

Australian Slang for an idiot.
Comes from the bird of the same name, native to Australia.

"Stop being a gallah!"

Usually asking too much of Mark Thomas - or is it Charles Stevens...
Or is it... Hmmm. Not yet, but real soon.

WTF is a gallah?

Do you mean galah?

It's a bit hard to tell from the low resolution,
over-sharpening, JPG artifacts, and the bloody great
copyright notice (on an image not worth ****ing on, let
alone stealing), but the bird in that picture appears to be
a long-billed corella, it is most definitely not a galah.

There's a word in Australian slang that would quite aptly
describe someone who can't even spell the 5 letter name of a
common bird correctly. This word would also correctly
describe someone who thinks a corella is a galah (hint,
galah's are pink AND grey). Funnily enough, this slang-word
is also a bird name, and in this case should be prefixed by
the great Australian adjective "Bloody".
D-Mac, you are a bloody drongo.
Old July 11th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Doug Jewell wrote,on my timestamp of 11/07/2008 7:49 PM:
Cryptopix wrote:
http://www.douglasjames.com.au/art-photos/galaha.htm

gallah

Australian Slang for an idiot.
Comes from the bird of the same name, native to Australia.

"Stop being a gallah!"

Usually asking too much of Mark Thomas - or is it Charles Stevens...
Or is it... Hmmm. Not yet, but real soon.

WTF is a gallah?

Do you mean galah?

It's a bit hard to tell from the low resolution, over-sharpening, JPG
artifacts, and the bloody great copyright notice (on an image not worth
****ing on, let alone stealing), but the bird in that picture appears to
be a long-billed corella, it is most definitely not a galah.

Hehehe, never let reality get in the way of a good troll!

Old July 14th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jeff R.

"Cryptopix" wrote in message
On Jul 11, 7:49 pm, Doug Jewell wrote:

D-Mac, you are a bloody drongo.

Curious isn't it?
When you can't restrain yourself?
Tell us the truth now Doug... How many times a day do you mastibate
dreaming of me?
It must frustrate you more than the sheep bleating at my posts when I
don't post anything.
Get a life mate... Sell your computer. It's only corrupting your sole.

LOL!
I'm sure his shoes are just fine!

Let's see now...

1) can't spell (ignorant)
2) vulgar sexual taunts (childish)
3) delusions of grandeur (just Doug)
4) can't spell (I know, but it's so good it deserves mention twice)

I'd say he came to the right conclusion, Doug.

You ARE a bloody drongo.

--
Jeff R.
(prove me wrong)

Old July 15th 08, 07:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Indigo Blue

Jeff R. wrote:

"Cryptopix" wrote in message
On Jul 11, 7:49 pm, Doug Jewell wrote:

D-Mac, you are a bloody drongo.

Curious isn't it?
When you can't restrain yourself?
Tell us the truth now Doug... How many times a day do you mastibate
dreaming of me?
It must frustrate you more than the sheep bleating at my posts when I
don't post anything.
Get a life mate... Sell your computer. It's only corrupting your sole.

LOL!
I'm sure his shoes are just fine!

Let's see now...

1) can't spell (ignorant)
2) vulgar sexual taunts (childish)
3) delusions of grandeur (just Doug)
4) can't spell (I know, but it's so good it deserves mention twice)

I'd say he came to the right conclusion, Doug.

You ARE a bloody drongo.

The drongos are a family of small passerine birds of the tropics. They
are found in the family Dicruridae, which is sometimes enlarged to
include a number of Australasian groups, such as the Australasian
fantails, monarchs and paradise flycatchers. It originates in
Madagascar, where it refers to the local species.

I don't understand how this relates to your fixation with the poster's
inability to meet your level of perfect spelling. According to the
Australian Government, American and British versions of English are
acceptable at Educational institutes (Universities) and "shall not
result in a non pass for subjects other than English itself".

We are all told in the advertising trying to lure us to migrate to
Australia that it is a multicultural society. Surely in such a country
correct elocution and spelling of the English language should not be a
point at which to discriminate against a person? I believe there are
whole areas of most cities where English is a foreign language to its
Australian citizens.

Have you read a text message recently? Spelling is a disadvantage with
any form of communication requiring coordination of limbs. Looking at
your web site is an adventure in itself. Clearly you have some - shall I
say: brushing up? on the language you decided to use for it. How is it
you ignore your own process of judgement and include spelling errors
yourself in a demonstration of how poorly you understand the language?
Old July 15th 08, 07:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Mark Thomas

Indigo Blue wrote:
(crap)

Can't be bothered retyping, so here's a copynpaste, especially for
clocksnprints and weddingsnportraits:

Hi, Douglas MacDonald Identity 173.

Let me give you a quick hint. As you take on a new identity, you really
need to use not only a spelling checker, but also a grammar checker.

That may help you stop misspelling the same words over and over
(principal? advise? - you're illiterate, Dougie, just face it, but at
least the words are consistent).

Sadly, even if you get the words spelt right, it won't help to hide your
attitude, stupidity and slavish defense of... yourself.

Bit like your use of clocksnprints over on Ebay. Nobody is fooled.
Except you.

But I'm sure you *meant* to post this, and you *meant* to be busted
within seconds.

(O:

Bloody drongo indeed.
Old July 15th 08, 08:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Jeff R.

"Indigo Blue" wrote in message

The drongos are a family of small passerine birds of the tropics. They are
found in the family Dicruridae, which is sometimes enlarged to include a
number of Australasian groups, such as the Australasian fantails, monarchs
and paradise flycatchers. It originates in Madagascar, where it refers to
the local species.

Well Googled, Doug.
You're learning.

I don't understand how this relates to your fixation with the poster's
inability to meet your level of perfect spelling.

Not a fixation - an observation. There is a difference.
It remains a very good indicator of intellectual rigour - like it or not.
I note your difficulties in passing only. Its not a big deal (however
amusing).

snip incoherent spelling rant

Looking at your web site is an adventure in itself. Clearly you have
some - shall I say: brushing up? on the language you decided to use for
it.

Oh goodie!
I would sincerely welcome any advice from a sage such as yourself, Doug, on
the coherence or otherwise of one of my websites.

Please - *please* - point out any of the errors and misunderstandings I have
perpetrated - and I will correct them.
I *do* welcome constructive criticism and always seek to incorporate it.

Please - fire away....

Go on...

Just one to start?

Today?

--
Jeff R.

Old July 15th 08, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Mark Thomas

Jeff R. wrote:

"Indigo Blue" wrote

Looking at your web site is an adventure in itself. Clearly you have
some - shall I say: brushing up? on the language you decided to use
for it.

Oh goodie!
I would sincerely welcome any advice from a sage such as yourself, Doug,
on the coherence or otherwise of one of my websites.

Please - *please* - point out any of the errors and misunderstandings I
have perpetrated - and I will correct them.
I *do* welcome constructive criticism and always seek to incorporate it.

Please - fire away....

Go on...

Just one to start?

Today?

While we wait, it is worth noting that Douglas has had the following
issues (all on his front page!) brought to his attention in the past,
and they remain glaring..., at http://www.douglasjames.com.au

- the 1st sentence and many others are missing verbs.
- the words wedding and photography should not be capitalised (except by
egotistical ******s.. and if so, it should be *consistent*)
- unless there is a new town not in any atlas, Nossa should probably be
spelt Noosa
- there should be an 'a' in front of 'finalist'
- the 'tense' and the 'person'keeps changing - he uses 'my', 'we' and
'our' inconsistently
- the copyright claim is invalid unless there is a "Douglas James"
working for him (the copyright page has a contradictory claim)
- a link check reveals a 404 on the 'Fine Art' page...

Old July 15th 08, 08:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Pete D

Hello Duug, welcome back.

Old July 15th 08, 09:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Indigo Blue

Mark Thomas wrote:
Jeff R. wrote:

"Indigo Blue" wrote

[...]

This must be why those who make a living or part thereof from SEO
(Search engine Optimisation) tend to compose a page with words that only
just make sense but are very, very likely to boost a site's rank in Google.

You'll be fine Mark. Just answer the questions and stop being a total
idiot. On second thought, try not to be a total idiot. Refraining from
being one would be too much to ask of you. When does school go back, by
the way? Did you know it's now possible to use the depart of
Administration's data base to search for Government employees? I wonder
what they'd think of your behaviour?
Old July 15th 08, 09:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Indigo Blue" wrote in message
Mark Thomas wrote:
Jeff R. wrote:

"Indigo Blue" wrote

[...]

So I take it your still stalking Mark then Douggie, I would consider this to
be a direct threat to Mark, I wonder how a magistrate would view it ??

--
God made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?