Image Stabilization in a small, pocketable point and shoot camera

Old September 25th 04, 04:22 AM
zxcvar

Default Image Stabilization in a small, pocketable point and shoot camera

Are there any small, shirt-pocket size cameras available with image
stabilization? Also, if it is available will I be able to take decent
pictures inside large buildings such as Canterberry Cathedral or other
large buildings (when permitted of course.)

Thanks in advance.

Old September 25th 04, 05:19 AM
[BnH]

Panasonic FZ3
Konica Minolta Z3

But for shirt pocket size .... well .. maybe end of next year

=bob=

m...

Old September 25th 04, 08:47 AM
Roland Karlsson

"[BnH]" b18[at]ii[dot]net wrote in news:4154f1b0$0$29410$5a62ac22@per-
qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au:

Panasonic FZ3
Konica Minolta Z3

But for shirt pocket size .... well .. maybe end of next year

Will the shirts be bigger then?

/Roland
Old September 25th 04, 05:45 PM
Chuck

here
http://tinyurl.com/5hhu7

The Panasonic DMC-FX5
Our MEGA Optical Image Stabilizer Helps Eliminate Blurry Pictures
Jitter from shaky hands is one of the main reasons why cameras produce
blurry images. We don't expect everyone to have hands of stone when taking
pictures--that's why Lumix® cameras help solve the problem of unsteady hands
with advanced MEGA Optical Image Stabilizer technology. The DMC-FX5 has a
built-in gyrosensor that detects any hand movement and relays a signal to a
tiny microcomputer inside the camera, which instantly calculates the
compensation needed. A linear motor then shifts the Optical Image Stabilizer
lens as necessary to guide incoming light from the image straight to the
CCD. You won't even notice it working--all you'll see are the outstanding
results!