New Mandate: 46.8 Degrees; due Januray 17th, 2010

Old December 18th 09, 01:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
whisky-dave

Default New Mandate: 46.8 Degrees; due Januray 17th, 2010

"tony cooper" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:52:29 -0000, "whisky-dave"
wrote:

"tony cooper" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:53:56 -0500, "Bowser" wrote:

Testament to the stupidity of our system of idolizing athletes and
entertainers. Truly bizzare that we make millionaires out of people who
contribute nothing to society.

We disagree there. While I feel the compensation to athletes is
excessive, it's pure supply and demand.

Yep, that's true but I really donl;t understand where all the money comes
from.

From us, in the basic sense. A team's income is from radio and
television contracts, ticket sales, and merchandise sales...in that
order. The radio and television networks recoup their costs by
selling time to advertisers, and advertisers recoup those costs by
selling products. You buy the products, the tickets, and the team
merchandise.

That's what I try adding up and it doesn;t make sense.
Thinking about how much they take on the 'door' then how much the
wages/saleries
then the upkeep of the ground then you get multimillion transfer deals.
Remmebr we're talking about teams with perhaps 22 minium employered not one
golf player
and his caddie.

Whether or not you buy the brand of beer advertised, a ticket to see a
match, or a coffee mug with the team logo on it is immaterial.
There's tangible evidence that enough do that we know the system
works.

well we assume it works because that's how it's done.
Previously we assumed the banking business works by lending money
and re-lending to those that can't afford it which makes more profit
from those that have the money. If someone tried to explain to me that I
could
make a lot of money lending to people that couldn't afford what they were
buying
or teh repayments I would have been suspicious, now I realise it was a
growth
industry and I should have got in on it when I had the chance ;-)

From my POV I find it amazing that some people care enough about a team
to pay X amount to watch them play.

That's so, but I'll guarantee that you spend money on something that I
would never spend a dime on.

Ah but she's well worth it, and what she can do with a bucket 'n'
pogo-stick, well
I'm sure you'd change your mind.

Anyway I'm still confused about this 46.8 degrees mandate are we talking
Celsius, Fahrenheit or Kelvin.