rec.photo.equipment.slr-systems - NG charter reminder

Old July 15th 09, 11:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pete D

Default rec.photo.digital.slr-systems - NG charter reminder

Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message

In essence:

-Kill trolls: Do not reply to them.

-Respect the usenet hierarchy and the NG charters.

We generally agree which is why I raised the issue of NewsProxy but you
can be too anal about these things. When things get too deeply into
talk
about filters and newsgroup charters you're ****ed. It's the same in
business with meetings about meetings. Keep the focus and watch your
attitude.

I've seen this **** so many times before online. I've also known people
die from drug overdoses and companies go bust. The global economic
crisis
is no different - the underlying dynamic is the same. Trolling is just
short term issue, People need to maintain self-leadership and look
beyond
that.

Soda pop - Volcano.

Play this right and we can all come out of this better.

Indeed. Heed your own advice.

You're the ...

I'm tired of you - PLONK.

You waited much longer than I did.

Old July 16th 09, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Michael[_6_]

Default rec.photo.equipment.slr-systems - NG charter reminder

On 2009-07-14 21:57:50 -0400, P 'n S Envy said:

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:42:11 -0700 (PDT), Digital Camera Guru
wrote:

Look, no one likes the P&S trolls, and it would be preferable if
everyone would ignore or kill-file them, but they use their lack of
knowledge and their obnoxiousness to press peoples' buttons to get
them to respond.

The sole and ONLY reason that you are all going off on these hysterics and
tangents is because you cannot refute what this "P&S troll" is stating.
Pure and simple. Some of you even want to try to get his net access pulled
so you can remain blissfully ignorant in all the lack of knowledge that
you've always wallowed in before. Now THAT is desperate! LOL Self-evident
of how threatened some of you are of reality and the truth. (Go ahead, try
that self-induced-ignorance stunt, see how far it gets you. LOL!)

You're nothing but scared little whiney brats. Sticking your fingers in
your ears and humming a tune to try and evade some harsh truth that goes
against everything that you've brainwashed yourselves to believe. Keep
glancing sideways with your puerile red-herring evasions, see if that helps
you to not look at reality.

"You can't blow dust away without making a lot of fools cough." - Prince
Philip Duke of Edinburgh

Keep on hocking-up those loogies that you spew so well! Just like this
thread.

I find it all _*VERY*_ amusing.

LOL

And of course the asshole who wrote the above is the very troll, just
using yet another name. Set your newsreader to show you all the headers
and you'll see who he is and you'll see all the various supportive
messages all come from the same diseased mind.
--
Michael

Old July 16th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
What Losers

wrote:

[...]

And yet, it doesn't make what he states any less true, now does it. No, of
course it does not. This is the ONLY way that fools like you can ever
refute something, with your evasive red-herring stupidity. It's all you've
ever got going for you. You know it, I know it, and it's now patently
obvious to the whole world anytime that any one of you idiots ever does it
again. Which you will. It's all you've got. It's all you'll ever have. It's
all you've ever had.

Old July 16th 09, 04:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
What Losers

wrote:

[...]

BTW: Not all messages in support came from me, in fact this is the only
one. But you're not bright enough to know how to read headers properly.
Thanks for proving of yet another layer to the depths your stupidity and
ignorance.

Old July 16th 09, 06:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Michael[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Yes they did.
--
Michael

Old July 16th 09, 03:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Charles E Hardwidge

"Bob Larter" wrote in message

Um, you're talking about yourself again, kook.

Just ignore it and talk to other people. You can't reason with or appeal to
a kook, and responding to them just tears things down quicker.

--
Charles E Hardwidge

Old July 16th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
dj_nme

Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
"dj_nme" wrote in message
u...
Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
One big issue is whether there's enough traffic to keep things turning
over and the range of the DNA. I'm just subscribed to alt.photography
and
get enough with the cross-posting to be useful. I don't have an SLR and
rec.photo looks too prickish to me. Things work well enough. I just have
a problem with the blatant trolling and some of the country club
****tery
but it's obvious enough to be ignored with a _little_ discipline.

My reply wasn't really aimed you exclusively.
There are quite a few new sub-groups off rec.photo which only had a brief
flurry of posting that was vaguely on topic, before they were abandonned
and now there are some which ONLY get cross-posted to because of threads
which started out as a troll.

I was speaking generally as well.

I just subscribe to alt.photography and catch what passes through. I can't
be bothered with following god knows how many groups or their politics.
Alan Browne screams about cross-posting trolls then goes and does *exactly*
that with a topic about the Apollo 11 thing so he can brag about his
Hasselblad.
****ing nonsense.

Not complete nonsense: the Apollo lunar Hasseys were SLR cameras before
modification, so not entirely OT. ;-)

I'll carry on as I am. It works for me.

So you don't want to be part of the fix for the very problem you
complain about?
That's pretty much fine by me, it just seems a touch hypocritical.
Old July 16th 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Charles E Hardwidge

"dj_nme" wrote in message

So you don't want to be part of the fix for the very problem you complain
about?
That's pretty much fine by me, it just seems a touch hypocritical.

People have my position. I subscribe to alt.photography and don't see much
need to get sucked into a bunch of newsgroups or their politics. I don't
initiate cross-posting and the trolling is easy enough to ignore.

If people want to put the hierarchy on the table and decide where they want
the main traffic to go I could add to that discussion but until then I've
found a formula that isn't perfect but works for me.

--
Charles E Hardwidge
Old July 17th 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

dj_nme wrote:
Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
"dj_nme" wrote in message
u...
Charles E Hardwidge wrote:
[...]

At least you got it....
Old July 17th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Charles E Hardwidge

**** off you patronising ****.

--
Charles E Hardwidge