This NG falling asleep?

Old December 9th 18, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default This NG falling asleep?

There have been very few posts over the last few days, which is
surprising for r.p.d. Ten years ago or so there were hundreds of posts
per day, now it looks like this NG is dying off.

--
Alfred Molon

Old December 9th 18, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 8, 2018, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

There have been very few posts over the last few days, which is
surprising for r.p.d. Ten years ago or so there were hundreds of posts
per day, now it looks like this NG is dying off.

Yup! I had noticed the same. I believe we have some older folks here with
health issues, and perhaps that might be a factor.

Personally the only news I have is my recent purchase of a used XF16-55mm
f/2.8 WR for $749.

So here is a shot using that lens:

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-nDmVsFk/0/a973c8bb/X3/i-nDmVsFk-X3.jpg

....or perhaps something with the XF100-400mm.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-BwKzwR2/0/e8166a1e/X3/i-BwKzwR2-X3.jpg

That, and I am currently trying out the trial version of Capture One 12 Pro,
which seems quite promising.

https://www.phaseone.com/Capture-One

Savageduck

Old December 9th 18, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018 00:01:23 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

There have been very few posts over the last few days, which is
surprising for r.p.d. Ten years ago or so there were hundreds of posts
per day, now it looks like this NG is dying off.

My excuse is the cross country move from hell which started weeks
before the actual move, and continues in the new house. Worse yet, I
took zero photos driving cross country. And still zero in my new area.
Old December 9th 18, 02:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

I had a look recently at Luminar, and might start a thread about the it,
but I'm afraid that this will get unanswered, as probably nobody (here)
is using this software.

--
Alfred Molon

Old December 9th 18, 02:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 8, 2018, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

I had a look recently at Luminar, and might start a thread about the it,
but I'm afraid that this will get unanswered, as probably nobody (here)
is using this software.

Try us, I have an opinion or two.

Savageduck

Old December 9th 18, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 8, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

wrote:

There have been very few posts over the last few days, which is
surprising for r.p.d. Ten years ago or so there were hundreds of posts
per day, now it looks like this NG is dying off.

My excuse is the cross country move from hell which started weeks
before the actual move, and continues in the new house. Worse yet, I
took zero photos driving cross country. And still zero in my new area.

Where is your move from Vegas taking you?

Savageduck

Old December 9th 18, 02:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Sat, 08 Dec 2018 17:14:08 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

On Dec 8, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

wrote:

There have been very few posts over the last few days, which is
surprising for r.p.d. Ten years ago or so there were hundreds of posts
per day, now it looks like this NG is dying off.

My excuse is the cross country move from hell which started weeks
before the actual move, and continues in the new house. Worse yet, I
took zero photos driving cross country. And still zero in my new area.

Where is your move from Vegas taking you?

Small town in a ruralish area in western TN. Straight north of
Jackson.
Old December 9th 18, 04:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Dec 8, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sat, 08 Dec 2018 17:14:08 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

On Dec 8, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

wrote:

There have been very few posts over the last few days, which is
surprising for r.p.d. Ten years ago or so there were hundreds of posts
per day, now it looks like this NG is dying off.

My excuse is the cross country move from hell which started weeks
before the actual move, and continues in the new house. Worse yet, I
took zero photos driving cross country. And still zero in my new area.

Where is your move from Vegas taking you?

Small town in a ruralish area in western TN. Straight north of
Jackson.

So you are trading bright lights, artificiality, and dry heat for steam heat,
chilly winters, and tornadoes. Not that Jackson, or Nashville are country
villages. However, that makes you well positioned for other stuff such as a
closer look at Civil War battle fields, and/or other trips such as barbecue
excursions to Memphis. There are plenty of photo ops to be had.

I have an old school friend who is in Nashville, some family in Chattanooga,
and my father was born just over the border in LaFayette, GA. right next to
the Chickamauga battle field.

Savageduck

Old December 9th 18, 07:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 12/8/2018 10:20 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

I have an old school friend who is in Nashville, some family in Chattanooga,
and my father was born just over the border in LaFayette, GA. right next to
the Chickamauga battle field.

The lat time I was in Nashville, i made the mistake of saying tat I like
dry rub barbecue. Someone yelled that wet rub is better, and I paid my
bill and slipped out of the place, as a brawl was starting over the
question.

--
PeterN
Old December 9th 18, 07:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Sat, 08 Dec 2018 19:20:22 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

On Dec 8, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sat, 08 Dec 2018 17:14:08 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

On Dec 8, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

Yep, it's all new to me, so there are lots of photo ops to be had
going forward. But right now I have to deal with the ice storm from
last night, and all of the fallien and falling trees and limbs. I
refuse to even go outside to check it. And then there was the power
outage, and more to come, I'm sure.

Sometimes you just run bad.