Where to Purchase Velvia 100 in Boston

Old October 2nd 03, 08:13 PM
Richard E. Robbins

Default Where to Purchase Velvia 100 in Boston

I'll be travelling to Boston early next week and expect to have the
time to shoot a few rolls of film. I'd prefer not to carry my film
with me through the airport. Can someone suggest where I might be
able to purchase Velvia 100 in Boston. I won't have a car. I will be
staying at the Sheraton Boston -- which I believe is in Back Bay.

-- Rich
Old October 3rd 03, 03:52 AM
Francis A. Miniter

Hunt's Photo and Video. There are a number of stores. The closest is
probably the one in Harvard Square. I have bought film from them on
numerous occasions and have always been satisfied. It's a stiff walk
from the Back Bay Sheraton to Harvard Square, but I have done it. There
is also public transportation. Be sure to check out the Esplanade
along the Charles River. I got some of my best Boston shots there.

Francis A. Miniter

Old October 3rd 03, 04:53 PM
Mark Hanson

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
Hunt's Photo and Video. There are a number of stores. The closest is
probably the one in Harvard Square. I have bought film from them on
numerous occasions and have always been satisfied. It's a stiff walk
from the Back Bay Sheraton to Harvard Square, but I have done it. There
is also public transportation. Be sure to check out the Esplanade
along the Charles River. I got some of my best Boston shots there.

A stiff walk indeed; Harvard Square is in a different city. To take the
subway: get on the Green Line at the Hynes station, take the train INBOUND
to Park Street, get on the Red Line and take it OUTBOUND to Harvard Square.
When you get out of the station turn around 180 degrees and walk down (I
think it's) Mass Avenue. Hunt's is a few blocks down on the right. (Er, I
*think* it's Hunt's. There's definitely a very nice camera store there.)

More great shots: on the other bank of the Charles River in Cambridge (where
you'll be after buying your film). Great views of the Boston skyline.

Enjoy your visit!

Mark