First Posts

Old May 19th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Doug[_3_]

Default First Posts

This sight has my first posts on the internet. I would appreciate any feed
back. Using a D50 Nikon and a variety of lenses and filters along with
PaintShop Pro.

Thanks,

http://www.photo.net/photos/drickert

Old May 19th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
per

The church pic almost looks as it came from a pinhole camera.
Care to tell any details?
/per

Old May 20th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Doug[_3_]

Sure, it was shot at at 1/640 sec, f-13 with a focal lenght of 55mm and ISO
setting of 1600 (sky was overcast, at 2:20pm). It was then processed using
Jasc Paint SHop Pro 8 to render it in grayscale and to soften the focus.

Old May 20th 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

"per" wrote in message
: The church pic almost looks as it came from a pinhole camera.
: Care to tell any details?
: /per

On Sun, 20 May 2007 06:08:49 -0400, "Doug" replied:
: Sure, it was shot at at 1/640 sec, f-13 with a focal lenght of 55mm and ISO
: setting of 1600 (sky was overcast, at 2:20pm). It was then processed using
: Jasc Paint SHop Pro 8 to render it in grayscale and to soften the focus.

Did you try it without softening the focus? My impression of the picture as
displayed is that the softening probably isn't an improvement. It reminds me a
bit of some of the stuff Ansel Adams shot with his Brownie at around twelve
years old. Looking back at those early photos during his professional career,
Adams became a sharpness fanatic.

Bob
Old May 20th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Doug[_3_]

I just put up a new site with more space for publishing than was available
on Photo.net
http://home.comcast.net/~r.rickert/wsb/index.html
. ..