autographic paper developing

Old February 24th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
briker

Default autographic paper developing

I have a very old camera that still has the film inside. Is it possible
after at least 70-80 years for there to still be images on the film? If so,
how do I get that kind of paper developed?

Thanks in advance.

Old February 25th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Ken Hart

"briker" u32023@uwe wrote in message news:6e4d4dfc18874@uwe...
I have a very old camera that still has the film inside. Is it possible
after at least 70-80 years for there to still be images on the film? If
so,
how do I get that kind of paper developed?

Thanks in advance.

There is a company in Canada called Film Rescue International, who
specializes in developing old films and obsolete processes.

Old February 25th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Stephen M. Dunn

$
$There is a company in Canada called Film Rescue International, who
$specializes in developing old films and obsolete processes.

And another one in the U.S. called Rocky Mountain Film Labs, with
the same specialty. You should read Rocky Mountain's Web site, though;
they are pretty honest about how much it costs, how long it takes (and
why), and the likelihood that the images may not be in great
condition.

Do you even know if the film was exposed? Do you know if the
subject was anything worth caring about? If they're the last
photos of your beloved great-great-grandmother, then of course
it's worth some time and effort. If they're from a camera owned by
someone who liked taking pictures of the flowers in their garden,
maybe it's not worth much time or effort. If you picked up a
camera of unknown origins at a garage sale and discovered it still
had film in it, they may be pictures of someone else's beloved
great-great-grandmother or someone else's flower garden, but are
they of any meaning to you?
--
Stephen M. Dunn

Old March 2nd 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
briker via PhotoKB.com

Hello to each of you who responded and thanks so much for the info. The
cameras history is unknown to me. It's very old though but I can't tell how
old. The film inside could have been exposed but I am unsure. I'm willing
to take it to the specialty place in the above response regardless of the
price. I'd love to see what is on the film, even if it's just flowers.

Thanks again