Amazon Prices?

Old September 14th 05, 02:58 AM
Sken

Default Amazon Prices?

I'm seeing some amazing prices for Digital SLRs such as the Canon
Digital Rebel XT on Amazon, half of what I can find anywhere else, in
fact so good it makes me question if it's legit. I find it through the
Amazon search, but it's through one of the Zshops... Anyone hear of any
ripoffs filtering through the Amazon.com site? I inquired about one and
they requested I send a moneygram to Romainia... as they say, if it
sounds too good to be true, it usually is.. I contacted Amazon a week
ago to ask if it's real, but never heard back from them.

SK
Old September 14th 05, 05:31 AM
Colin D

Sken wrote:

I'm seeing some amazing prices for Digital SLRs such as the Canon
Digital Rebel XT on Amazon, half of what I can find anywhere else, in
fact so good it makes me question if it's legit. I find it through the
Amazon search, but it's through one of the Zshops... Anyone hear of any
ripoffs filtering through the Amazon.com site? I inquired about one and
they requested I send a moneygram to Romainia... as they say, if it
sounds too good to be true, it usually is.. I contacted Amazon a week
ago to ask if it's real, but never heard back from them.

SK

Sounds like you could have a hijack program redirecting you to a ripoff
site made to look like Amazon. Romainia? Not likely.

Colin D.
Old September 14th 05, 06:03 AM
Steve Cutchen

In article , Colin D
wrote:

Sken wrote:

I'm seeing some amazing prices for Digital SLRs such as the Canon
Digital Rebel XT on Amazon, half of what I can find anywhere else, in
fact so good it makes me question if it's legit. I find it through the
Amazon search, but it's through one of the Zshops... Anyone hear of any
ripoffs filtering through the Amazon.com site? I inquired about one and
they requested I send a moneygram to Romainia... as they say, if it
sounds too good to be true, it usually is.. I contacted Amazon a week
ago to ask if it's real, but never heard back from them.

SK

Sounds like you could have a hijack program redirecting you to a ripoff
site made to look like Amazon. Romainia? Not likely.

Colin D.

There are scams running in the "new and used" shops all over Amazon.
Treat them like eBay. Check the feedback and proceed with caution.
Old September 14th 05, 02:31 PM
piperut

Steve Cutchen wrote:
In article , Colin D
wrote:

Sken wrote:

[...]

Amazon may also be selling "Gray Market" products. Basicly, a product
without a US warranty. Again use caution.

roland

Old September 14th 05, 10:41 PM
FMV

I recently bought a Sigma 30mm lens for my Nikon directly from Amazon. Was
distressed to find out it only came with 1 yr. warranty, vs. 5 year if I had
bought from photo shops like B&H. Assume therefore it was "grey market"
although not listed as such. So, would proceed with caution with Amazon
photo equipment, unless its clear that item is USA warrantied.
Fred

Old September 15th 05, 02:35 AM
Steve Cutchen

In article . com,
piperut wrote:

Steve Cutchen wrote:
In article , Colin D
wrote:

Sken wrote:

[...]

I've never seen anything but normal US merchandise from Amazon and the
vendors it hosts as primary partners. And I've never heard of anyone
having any kind of scam-related problem with these vendors.

The problem comes about with the Marketplace Sellers.

Now, I've bought lots of stuff from them as well, and I've never had a
problem. But I check out their business and their feedback like I
would an eBay seller.