bellows hood for old 50mm hassy chrome lens

Old August 2nd 04, 02:18 PM
nobody nowhere

Default bellows hood for old 50mm hassy chrome lens

My chrome 50 mm hassy lens has no bayonet (there is a thread for
screwing in filters). I would like the luxury of a bellows hood, but
the one I have is bayonet, and, in any case, it seems slightly smaller
than the diameter of the lens. The outside diameter of the lens, as
measured (roughly) by me is about 65 or 68mm. Any ideas? Thanks in
advance.
--

nobody
Old August 2nd 04, 09:57 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

nobody nowhere wrote:

My chrome 50 mm hassy lens has no bayonet (there is a thread for
screwing in filters). I would like the luxury of a bellows hood, but
the one I have is bayonet, and, in any case, it seems slightly smaller
than the diameter of the lens. The outside diameter of the lens, as
measured (roughly) by me is about 65 or 68mm. Any ideas? Thanks in
advance.

Your Distagon has a series 63 (a.k.a. series VIII) mount.
You will need an adapter of some sort. Which one depends on what compendium
you have.

The old non-foldable rail Hasselblad hood needs (not surprisingly ;-)) the
Hasselblad adapter ring 63, which was catalogue number 40339.
It, like the that bellows shade, and the lens, is no longer made. No longer
available, except used, perhaps on that auction site.

The next model, the one with the foldable rail and "tapered" bellows, needs
the 63 mm lens mounting ring (cat.no. 40684).
Again, neither shade nor adapter is available anymore, except used.

There is no adapter solution to fit the latest Hasselblad bellows shade to
your lens.

A series 63 to bayonet 60 or bayonet 70 adapter would work, in conjunction
with the appropriate shade mounting ring.
But i do not know of a series 63 to any Hasselblad bayonet adapter.

I think that for non-Hasselblad bellows, you will need a series-to-bayonet
adapter too. If so, (again) i don't know of any.

Old August 2nd 04, 10:02 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Q.G. de Bakker wrote:

There is no adapter solution to fit the latest Hasselblad bellows shade to
your lens.

A series 63 to bayonet 60 or bayonet 70 adapter would work, in conjunction
with the appropriate shade mounting ring.
But i do not know of a series 63 to any Hasselblad bayonet adapter.

However, if you can find some way to step up from series 63 to 93 mm screw
mount, you can use the Haselblad 93 mm Proshade adapter.

I always forget about that 93 mm screw mount shade adapter...

Old August 2nd 04, 10:51 PM
nobody nowhere

Thank you very much, both articles are very helpful.

In article , Q.G. de Bakker
writes