Same old, same old

Old August 6th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_4_]

Default Same old, same old

On 2009-08-05 18:04:03 -0700, Nicko said:

On Aug 5, 5:57*pm, Pat wrote:

I think the same thing about the NGs sometimes. *Everyone wants to
debate everything because no one is out taking pictures.

So people, Geez, stop the useless and petty debates and go pick up a
camera.

Easy for you to say.

It's hard for me to pick up a camera when all five of my hands--and
all five of my senses--are preoccupied with handling my iPod and my
PDA and my laptop and my cell phone and my penis, while I am driving
down the street to the liquor store pick up a bottle of 25-year-old La
Phroaig to mix with my Dr. Pepper.

These are complicated times!

;)

Does that mean you are a P(Pepper)&S(Scotch) advocate?? :-)

Savageduck

Old August 6th 09, 02:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-08-05 18:04:03 -0700, Nicko said:

On Aug 5, 5:57*pm, Pat wrote:

I think the same thing about the NGs sometimes. *Everyone wants to
debate everything because no one is out taking pictures.

So people, Geez, stop the useless and petty debates and go pick up a
camera.

Easy for you to say.

It's hard for me to pick up a camera when all five of my hands--and
all five of my senses--are preoccupied with handling my iPod and my
PDA and my laptop and my cell phone and my penis, while I am driving
down the street to the liquor store pick up a bottle of 25-year-old La
Phroaig to mix with my Dr. Pepper.

These are complicated times!

;)

Does that mean you are a P(Pepper)&S(Scotch) advocate?? *:-)

Heh. Cute, but no. It just means that I am a philistine barbarian
when it comes to tasting fine whisky.

Aaah! I see. So you have chrome spinners on your Mercedes, or was that
a Bentley?

Savageduck

Old August 6th 09, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_4_]

On 2009-08-05 18:04:03 -0700, Nicko said:

On Aug 5, 5:57*pm, Pat wrote:

[...]

Close!

Mine is the tricked-out Silver Shadow low rider with the dingleballs
and fuzzy dice, the purple neon undercarriage light, the "Pisces"
sticker in the rear window, and the 4x4 curb feelers. Oh, and
whitewalls and the V-shaped television antenna.

I ride in style, baybee.

What! No purple shag rug on the dash?

Savageduck

Old August 6th 09, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Stuffed Crust[_2_]

In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Savageduck wrote:
Aaah! I see. So you have chrome spinners on your Mercedes, or was that
a Bentley?

Once, driving along Buford Highway in Atlanta, I saw chrome spinners on
a Ferrari.

W.T.F....

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^
Old August 6th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
D. Peter Maus

On 08/06/09 09:33 , Stuffed Crust wrote:
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems wrote:
Aaah! I see. So you have chrome spinners on your Mercedes, or was that
a Bentley?

Once, driving along Buford Highway in Atlanta, I saw chrome spinners on
a Ferrari.

W.T.F....

- Solomon

I see Ferrari's all over Chicago with vanity plates.

Now, come on....if you need a vanity plate because your Ferrari
won't get you enough attention, you've really got serious issues.

Old August 6th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
J. Clarke

wrote:
Aaah! I see. So you have chrome spinners on your Mercedes, or was
that a Bentley?

Once, driving along Buford Highway in Atlanta, I saw chrome spinners
on
a Ferrari.

W.T.F....

By "chrome spinners" do you mean a thing with two or three wings in the
middle of the wheel or do you mean those things that have electric motors
that make them appear to be turning when the car is stopped?

Old August 6th 09, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_4_]

wrote:
Aaah! I see. So you have chrome spinners on your Mercedes, or was that
a Bentley?

Once, driving along Buford Highway in Atlanta, I saw chrome spinners on
a Ferrari.

W.T.F....

- Solomon

Now that is sad.

Savageduck

Old August 6th 09, 04:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_4_]

wrote:
Aaah! I see. So you have chrome spinners on your Mercedes, or was
that a Bentley?

Once, driving along Buford Highway in Atlanta, I saw chrome spinners
on
a Ferrari.

W.T.F....

By "chrome spinners" do you mean a thing with two or three wings in the
middle of the wheel

That is a knock-off wheel nut. A thing of beauty on the right car.

or do you mean those things that have electric motors
that make them appear to be turning when the car is stopped?

Usually just inertia driven, no electric motor. That is the cheezy,
tasteless, visual bling refered to.

Savageduck