Rollei 6008 metering issues

Old January 29th 04, 11:21 AM
Bob Salomon

Default Rollei 6008 metering issues

In article ,
"MikeWhy" wrote:

"Bob Salomon" wrote in message
The 6008, and the earlier 6006, has a deadly accurate metering system.

Bob, I think you've just set a usenet record for noise to signal, by quoting
the two preceding messages not just once, but twice, and then followed up
with this somewhat less than inciteful summation. Should he send in his 6008
for service? Send in both the F80 and meter for recalibration? Shoot the
white wall and expect a middle gray densities? ???

No he should shoot a roll of E6 on full auto using both the multispot
mode and the spot mode.

What ends up on the film is what counts. Trying to compare dissimilar
metering systems with different metering patterns and different angles
of acceptance is not always as easy as pointing them at a large white
wall.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old January 29th 04, 12:50 PM
Neil Gould

Hi,

Recently, Bob Salomon posted:

In article ,
"MikeWhy" wrote:

"Bob Salomon" wrote in message
The 6008, and the earlier 6006, has a deadly accurate metering
system.

Bob, I think you've just set a usenet record for noise to signal, by
quoting the two preceding messages not just once, but twice, and
then followed up with this somewhat less than inciteful summation.
Should he send in his 6008 for service? Send in both the F80 and
meter for recalibration? Shoot the white wall and expect a middle
gray densities? ???

No he should shoot a roll of E6 on full auto using both the multispot
mode and the spot mode.

What ends up on the film is what counts. Trying to compare dissimilar
metering systems with different metering patterns and different angles
of acceptance is not always as easy as pointing them at a large white
wall.

I agree, and add that the test should also include average mode *and* the
values suggested by the other meters in manual mode on the same roll. At
that point, a decision can be made as to what needs to be fixed. Perhaps
all is just as it should be.

Regards,

Neil

Old January 29th 04, 04:41 PM
ktphotonics

I would ordinarily agree for sub-stop issues. The shutter speeds are
accurate to the indicated value and the aperture likewise, hence I really
don't need to shoot tons of film especially when I have used the Minolta
Flashmeter VI extensively and I know its readings are dependable. In each
case the metering angle was 1 or 2 degrees, the target was matt, so there
were no specular reflections and so on.......

On 29/1/04 11:21 am, in article
, "Bob Salomon"

Old January 29th 04, 06:32 PM
Dennis O'Connor

That's a bummer, especially at six grand.. I would be discussing this with
my seller...
denny

"ktphotonics" wrote in message
It gives the exposure that it indicates, and over exposes!

Old January 29th 04, 07:45 PM
Neil Gould

Recently, ktphotonics posted:

It gives the exposure that it indicates, and over exposes!

In that case, you've answered your question. If this is a new camera, you
should be able to have it adjusted under warranty. I'd be very surprised
if this isn't some kind of anomaly. My 6008i meters as accurately as my
hand-held Minolta Flashmeter under all conditions so far (about 1-1/2
years old).

Neil

Old January 30th 04, 08:37 AM
Jim Phelps

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
That's a bummer, especially at six grand.. I would be discussing this

with
my seller...
denny

"ktphotonics" wrote in message
It gives the exposure that it indicates, and over exposes!

Rollei's don't cost 6K. Not even the AF version with the Schneider 80/2.8
AF lens. Best price I can find is under $3,800 for the full body
(body+mag+grip+battery+charger+screen) and the standard AF lens.

Jim - just trying to kill the "Rollei's are EXPENSIVE" myth...

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old January 30th 04, 08:40 AM
Jim Phelps

"Jim Phelps" wrote in message

"ktphotonics" wrote in message
I have just bought a 6008. The meter is accurate in daylight, but at low
light levels the meter starts to increasingly over expose, up to 2 stops

at
the low light threshold. The target is a large white wall.

The meter I am comparing to is a Minolta flashmeter VI and a new Nikon

F80.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Chris Woodhouse ARPS

Chris,

I'll check this out tonight when I get home. I have a new Sekonic

L-558
to compare the internal meter to my 6008I. I'll use both metering mode to
be sure (spot and average).

Jim

Chris,

I did this using both a white wall and a 18% gray card. Exposures for
both in spot mode were the same. About 1 to 1/13 stop different in the
averaging mode. Looks like your Rollei meter has a problem.

Jim

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old January 30th 04, 01:34 PM
Dennis O'Connor

OK - though I did take the 30 seconds to jump to B&H for their out-the-door
price on a full kit, 6008+80+back, because I didn't know, before posting...
Guess I don't get my paychecks cashed in the right neighborhood...
denny
"Jim Phelps" wrote in message

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
That's a bummer, especially at six grand.. I would be discussing this

with
my seller...
denny

"ktphotonics" wrote in message
It gives the exposure that it indicates, and over exposes!

Rollei's don't cost 6K. Not even the AF version with the Schneider 80/2.8
AF lens. Best price I can find is under $3,800 for the full body
(body+mag+grip+battery+charger+screen) and the standard AF lens.

Jim - just trying to kill the "Rollei's are EXPENSIVE" myth...

http://www.uncensored-news.com
The Worlds Uncensored News Source