Best camera for ~ £150?

Old February 20th 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
DSt

Default Best camera for ~ £150?

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new digital camera. I don't know too much
about them, so I'm looking for a little advice, if possible.

Basically, my budget is around the £150 mark, which isn't much I know,
but at the same time, I don't want to pick up a piece of rubbish - so,
if anyone has any thoughts on the bext camera I could pick up for
around that price, I'd appreciate the help.

The camera will go everywhere with me, so it needs to be a compact
digital (not something with a lens sticking out the front), preferably
with a rechargeable battery pack. Ability to change settings (ISO
speeds etc, I know my old cam limited me in what I could change).

Any help appreciated.

TIA,
DSt.

Old February 20th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

DSt wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new digital camera. I don't know too much
about them, so I'm looking for a little advice, if possible.

Basically, my budget is around the £150 mark, which isn't much I know,
but at the same time, I don't want to pick up a piece of rubbish - so,
if anyone has any thoughts on the bext camera I could pick up for
around that price, I'd appreciate the help.

The camera will go everywhere with me, so it needs to be a compact
digital (not something with a lens sticking out the front), preferably
with a rechargeable battery pack. Ability to change settings (ISO
speeds etc, I know my old cam limited me in what I could change).

Canon a540; good quality, "full" control.

BugBear
Old February 20th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim

bugbear wrote:
DSt wrote:
Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new digital camera. I don't know too much
about them, so I'm looking for a little advice, if possible.

Basically, my budget is around the £150 mark, which isn't much I know,
but at the same time, I don't want to pick up a piece of rubbish - so,
if anyone has any thoughts on the bext camera I could pick up for
around that price, I'd appreciate the help.

The camera will go everywhere with me, so it needs to be a compact
digital (not something with a lens sticking out the front), preferably
with a rechargeable battery pack. Ability to change settings (ISO
speeds etc, I know my old cam limited me in what I could change).

Canon a540; good quality, "full" control.

BugBear

Samsung NV10.....far better than anything Canon or Fuji or Sony have on
offer. Full control.
Old February 20th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bugbear

Jim wrote:
bugbear wrote:

Canon a540; good quality, "full" control.

BugBear

Samsung NV10.....far better than anything Canon or Fuji or Sony have on
offer. Full control.

??

It's too much money, and doesn't have aperture and shutter
speed priority modes

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...msung_nv10.asp

Nice enough camera, and all, but doesn't appear to fit the OP's
request

BugBear
Old February 20th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 05:27:08 -0800, DSt wrote:

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying a new digital camera. I don't know too much
about them, so I'm looking for a little advice, if possible.

Basically, my budget is around the £150 mark, which isn't much I know,
but at the same time, I don't want to pick up a piece of rubbish - so,
if anyone has any thoughts on the bext camera I could pick up for
around that price, I'd appreciate the help.

The camera will go everywhere with me, so it needs to be a compact
digital (not something with a lens sticking out the front), preferably
with a rechargeable battery pack. Ability to change settings (ISO
speeds etc, I know my old cam limited me in what I could change).

Any help appreciated.

TIA,
DSt.

I'd suggest you check the Kodak online store. For one, the P850 is now
about $225 (refubr) - that should be fairly close to your limit. 12x lens,
Image Stabilization, saves jpeg, raw, tiff; 5mp. I'm quite impressed with
the one I got before Christmas.

Old February 24th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
trekman

Have a look at the fuji F30 here
http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/stor...SessionID=@@@@
0216721089.1172343177@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdfaddkfemj ejkcflgceggdhhmdgmj.0
&page=Product&fm=9&sm=0&tm=0&sku=907206&category_o id=-30997

If you shop around you may get a better price. I would stay away from the
Kodak though as it is quite chunky compared to this.