What`s the best camera available from Boots in the UK?

Old July 25th 04, 08:56 PM
Simon Finnigan

Default What`s the best camera available from Boots in the UK?

A weird question I know, but I`ve got a load of points to spend there, and
was wondering what the best camera is. Basically money no object, but it
MUST be from boots.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--
What am I selling on ebay right now?
http://tinyurl.com/38yjc

Old July 25th 04, 10:20 PM
Arne Pettersson

I'd go for the Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom, or the Fuji FinePix S5000 Zoom.
Both have great zoom (10x), but the Oly has 4MP while the Fuji "only" has
3MP.
(3MP is OK for most "home users")

Fuji feels nicer in hand, but the Oly gives you more.
It all depends on the intended use for the camera.

Go to www.pricerunner.com and compare them.

// Arne

Old July 25th 04, 10:56 PM
dslr

In article , "Simon Finnigan" wrote:
A weird question I know, but I`ve got a load of points to spend there, and
was wondering what the best camera is. Basically money no object, but it
MUST be from boots.

Gawd knows - hows about you telling us what they sell and maybe we can offer
opinions on those.

--
KRs
dslr
Old July 25th 04, 11:17 PM
Simon Finnigan

Arne Pettersson wrote:
I'd go for the Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom, or the Fuji FinePix S5000
Zoom. Both have great zoom (10x), but the Oly has 4MP while the Fuji
"only" has 3MP.
(3MP is OK for most "home users")

Fuji feels nicer in hand, but the Oly gives you more.
It all depends on the intended use for the camera.

Go to www.pricerunner.com and compare them.

I was in a while ago, and didn`t see the S5000. I seem to remember a 5400,
but what they have instore seems to vary, and has nothing to do with what`s
on their website. Essentially cost is no object since the points are
already there, more than enough to cover any digicam. I know boots is
overpriced for camera stuff, but overpriced with points is essentially free,
so I don`t mind :-)

I`ve already got 2 x 3MP cameras, the Canon A70 and the Powershot 300. Both
are nice cameras, but I`d like "more" really. More features, a bigger lens
to allow quicker exposures mainly, that kind of thing. More pixels would be
very nice, but with a 10x optical zoom there is more leeway for zooming in.
I wish they did a proper top of the line digital SLR, that`d be lovely :-)

Old July 26th 04, 01:51 AM
cyclone

"Arne Pettersson" wrote in message
I'd go for the Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom, or the Fuji FinePix S5000 Zoom.

neither of which has image stabilization which I would think would be very
worth while in an ultrazoom. How about the Panasonic FZ10 (12x) or the
Canon S1 IS (10x) both with OIS.

Tony

Old July 26th 04, 07:02 PM
Simon Finnigan

cyclone wrote:
"Arne Pettersson" wrote in message
I'd go for the Olympus C-765 Ultra Zoom, or the Fuji FinePix S5000
Zoom.

neither of which has image stabilization which I would think would be
very worth while in an ultrazoom. How about the Panasonic FZ10 (12x)
or the Canon S1 IS (10x) both with OIS.

I`ll make a note of those and have a look in boots to see what they have
available. I really fancy a GOOD camera, but I`m limited to what Boots
sell. The alternative is to stand by a till,buy stuff for people on points
and get the cash, to then spend elsewhere on a camera. That`s a lot of
messing about though :-)