Google gives away Picasa photo software

Old July 16th 04, 09:49 PM
Fuzzy Logic

Default Google gives away Picasa photo software

Picasa. Everything you need to enjoy your digital photos in a single
software product:

Auto-transfer photos from your digital camera.
Organize and find pictures in seconds.
Edit, print, and share photos with ease.
Create slideshows, order prints and more!
The download itself contains only the Picasa software. Picasa will not
uninstall other programs or add any non-Picasa programs or files to your
computer.

This software is Windows® compatible.

Picasa works with the digital photo files on your PC to create a better,
more organized viewing and editing experience. Picasa will not delete or
move the location of pictures saved on your PC.

http://www.picasa.com/google/
Old July 16th 04, 10:25 PM
Sabineellen

I've been using it for over a year and I like it. I recommend it. It's an
iphoto rip-off.
Old July 16th 04, 11:05 PM
Roger Matthews

"Sabineellen" wrote in message

I've been using it for over a year and I like it. I recommend it. It's an
iphoto rip-off.

I bought it for £30 and reckoned that it was worth that sum & more! For
nought its terrific!

Roger Aberystwyth

Old July 17th 04, 12:08 AM
Sabineellen

I bought it for £30 and reckoned that it was worth that sum & more! For
nought its terrific!

Roger Aberystwyth

If you like it then look at ava find too. It's not a photo software, it's more
of a general file-finding software, but equally nice. It's pricey though, but
there's a limited functionality freeware version. It'll help you find that
photo with the odd name that you're not sure where you put. (of course you can
use keywords in picasa, but i don't)

Old July 17th 04, 01:04 AM
Pete

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:49:59 GMT, Fuzzy Logic wrote:

Picasa. Everything you need to enjoy your digital photos in a single
software product:

This program causes two apps to go out on the Internet without your
knowledge. I'd avoid until you know more about it. Spyware?
Old July 17th 04, 01:09 AM
Sabineellen

This program causes two apps to go out on the Internet without your
knowledge. I'd avoid until you know more about it. Spyware?

I run spyware search and destroy and adaware regularly, they never reported any
problems with picasa. That said though, I did notice that picasa was found by
the firewall to be trying to connect to the internet, though only initially
when first isntalled.
Old July 17th 04, 02:29 AM
DonB

Seems like a good program for those who want something simple.
I don't like the fuzzy appearance on-screen. A year or so ago they
said they were going to fix it, but nothing seems to be done
DonB

Old July 17th 04, 01:29 PM
Sabineellen

I don't like the fuzzy appearance on-screen.

what fuzzy appearance?