Alternate discussion groups

Old December 8th 04, 12:42 AM
Tom Phillips

Largformat wrote:

Thor,

Thanks for your note and taking the time to try and resolve the problems.

In all honesty however, I think the problem is that many of my critics simply
do not want alt sources of info posted here.

No, that's not it Steve. Your major critics are just assholes
who unapologetically enjoy consistent rudeness. Post _anything_
they don't like and they flame out of all proportion to the
matter. Your not the only one who has had to deal withn their
childish and often foul name calling attacks. As you can tell
from my responses, I give them no credibility regardless of
the issue.

_But_, I can also agree for the most part with Thor whose
criticisms are constructive and honest and friendly. I
see no problem with you promoting your web sites; I happen
to subscribe to View Camera. But in addition to that you
should answer questions more fully and directly instead
of directing the OP where to go do their own "research"
for answers. Answering questions in detail is what these
nsg are about.

They complain even when I do not
post any quotes and even when I post sources of info that I do not control or
write.

steve simmons

Old December 8th 04, 03:05 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 12/7/2004 4:42 PM Tom Phillips spake thus:

Largformat wrote:

Thor,

Thanks for your note and taking the time to try and resolve the problems.

In all honesty however, I think the problem is that many of my critics simply
do not want alt sources of info posted here.

No, that's not it Steve. Your major critics are just assholes

.. ^^^^^^^^

Tsk, tsk: profanity. Pot kettle black?

... Your not the only one who has had to deal withn their
childish and often foul name calling attacks.

Of course, *you* would never stoop so low, would you, Tom?

--
Don't blame Ralph Nader: blame Gavin Newsom.

Old December 8th 04, 03:13 AM
Tom Phillips

Largformat wrote:

Thor,

Thanks for your note and taking the time to try and resolve the problems.

In all honesty however, I think the problem is that many of my critics simply
do not want alt sources of info posted here.

No, that's not it Steve. Your major critics are just assholes

. ^^^^^^^^

Tsk, tsk: profanity. Pot kettle black?

... Your not the only one who has had to deal withn their
childish and often foul name calling attacks.

Of course, *you* would never stoop so low, would you, Tom?

Few of us live for the joy of being what you represent
on a daily basis...
Old December 8th 04, 03:18 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 12/7/2004 7:13 PM Tom Phillips spake thus:

Largformat wrote:

Thor,

Thanks for your note and taking the time to try and resolve the problems.

In all honesty however, I think the problem is that many of my critics simply
do not want alt sources of info posted here.

No, that's not it Steve. Your major critics are just assholes

. ^^^^^^^^

Tsk, tsk: profanity. Pot kettle black?

... Your not the only one who has had to deal withn their
childish and often foul name calling attacks.

Of course, *you* would never stoop so low, would you, Tom?

Few of us live for the joy of being what you represent
on a daily basis...

Huh? Now you're tying to baffle us with bull****. Parse that for me. On second
thought, never mind.

By the way, whatever happened to your threatened killfiling?

--
Don't blame Ralph Nader: blame Gavin Newsom.

Old December 8th 04, 03:25 AM
Tom Phillips

Largformat wrote:

Thor,

Thanks for your note and taking the time to try and resolve the problems.

In all honesty however, I think the problem is that many of my critics simply
do not want alt sources of info posted here.

No, that's not it Steve. Your major critics are just assholes
. ^^^^^^^^

Tsk, tsk: profanity. Pot kettle black?

... Your not the only one who has had to deal withn their
childish and often foul name calling attacks.

Of course, *you* would never stoop so low, would you, Tom?

Few of us live for the joy of being what you represent
on a daily basis...

Huh? Now you're tying to baffle us with bull****. Parse that for me. On second
thought, never mind.

Huh? Huh? Huh? _everyone_ knows you're an acerbic ass,
your sardonicism (such as crosposting to make a stupid
point) being exceeded only by your vulgarity.

It's not the four letter words, it's how you employ them
with intent to belittle those you take issue with...

By the way, whatever happened to your threatened killfiling?

I suggested Steve killfile you. Learn to read...
Old December 8th 04, 03:32 AM
Phil Tobias

I don't see any issue of "blame" except on the part of those who abuse this
group

Hostility and incivility are the *worst* abuses I see in this group and others.

I think we could all do a little better, don't you?

....pt

-------------------------------
Business/Communications start at http://www.PhilipTobias.com.
Grow your business using my technical and marketing communications -
Effective writing, graphic design, multimedia, photos, and Web sites.

Old December 8th 04, 05:14 AM
Stacey

Tom Phillips wrote:

Huh? Huh? Huh? everyone knows you're an acerbic ass,

So you're now going to speak for EVERYONE?

It's not the four letter words, it's how you employ them
with intent to belittle those you take issue with...

LOL and you meant what by the term "assholes" and "acerbic ass"? Is that a
compliment in your mind?

--

Stacey
Old December 8th 04, 05:16 AM
Stacey

Largformat wrote:

I frequently post here and in other places info w/o mentioning my web
site.

No you don't.

No, the secret to this conflict resolution is for the 'select' few to
realize that this forum is not their personal backyard and to cease the
abusive posts.

From what I've seen, 99% of the "abuse" is when you post here yet you blame
others for this? Couldn't be YOU could it?

--

Stacey
Old December 8th 04, 05:20 AM
Stacey

Tom Phillips wrote:

As long as you stay away, things seem fairly
calm unless there is a crossposted digital thread and then the people
being abusive are from other newsgroups.

Ah, so you do know the foul mouthed ass Nebenzahl

And the equally foul mouthed Tom Phillips? Do you feel calling people
"assholes" and "ignorant" somehow defuses the situation? I try to point out
to Steve why he infuriates LOTS of people here yet he continues to blame
others for the problems he creates. I used to buy his rag before he started
posting here, I refuse to support someone who acts like he does on-line.

--

Stacey