Dutch Rivers

Old April 11th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Dutch Rivers

Images of Dutch rivers and surroundings on:

http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/nederland/index23.html
and
http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/nederland/index24.html

Your comments are highly appreciated.

Gregoir

Old April 11th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

And I thought Kansas was flat! It's mountainous compared with the
Netherlands!!

Old April 11th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
Images of Dutch rivers and surroundings on:

http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/nederland/index23.html
and
http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/nederland/index24.html

Your comments are highly appreciated.

I can't help thinking they're a bit dull. Green fields, some with water,
flat horizon, blue sky with white clouds. I guess that's Dutch
landscapes for you. ) Only one of them held my eye for more than a
second, and that was the "arches" thing, which I presume is some form of
rotating bridge?
Old April 11th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Derek Fountain bedacht in news:443bcbbc$0$14760$892e7fe2
@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net:

Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
Images of Dutch rivers and surroundings on:

http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/nederland/index23.html
and
http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/nederland/index24.html

Your comments are highly appreciated.

I can't help thinking they're a bit dull. Green fields, some with water,
flat horizon, blue sky with white clouds. I guess that's Dutch
landscapes for you. ) Only one of them held my eye for more than a
second, and that was the "arches" thing, which I presume is some form of
rotating bridge?

The 'arches' thing is actually a flood barrier. Not as elegant as London's
flood barrier, but quite as effective. (Something for New Orleans to think
about?)

JL
Old April 11th 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Derek Fountain" schreef in bericht
reenews.net...
Gregoir Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
Images of Dutch rivers and surroundings on:

http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/nederland/index23.html
and
http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/nederland/index24.html

Your comments are highly appreciated.

I can't help thinking they're a bit dull. Green fields, some with water,
flat horizon, blue sky with white clouds. I guess that's Dutch landscapes
for you. ) Only one of them held my eye for more than a second, and that
was the "arches" thing, which I presume is some form of rotating bridge?

It is a barrage. There are three of them in this river. The bows are let
down when the waterlevel is getting too low for shipping.
Beside the barrage there is a lock.

Gregoir

Old April 14th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

You've captured the atmosphere very well, and your composition is excellent.
The scenes have great depth, which isn't easy to depict in flat country.
Anyone who has visited the Netherlands and has come to love it will feel
like they're there once more.