DVD images

Old November 11th 05, 05:57 PM
Bill

Default DVD images

What is the technic for burning photos to DVD and showing in a DVD player
with the TV?

--
Bill

Old November 11th 05, 06:12 PM
WannabeSomeone

"Bill" wrote in message
. ..
What is the technic for burning photos to DVD and showing in a DVD player
with the TV?

--
Bill

A home DVD player can only play DVD or VCD movies. That means you have to
use some software to turn your photos into slide shows in a movie.

Best Regards,

Wannabe
=======

Old November 11th 05, 07:22 PM
AlJ

Bill
It's easy but you need some software. I've used Video Studio from
www.ulead.com to make 5 or 6. Easy to get the pictures in and easy to
get audio in if you want.

They offer a free trial of 30 days. You can pretty well do your whole
project for free and buy it later if you want.

I'm sure there are others but this is the one I use and I find it very
good. I've got a P4 1.3mz machine and it runs OK so it isn't a machine
hog.
Al

Old November 11th 05, 07:34 PM
MarkČ

WannabeSomeone wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
. ..
What is the technic for burning photos to DVD and showing in a DVD
player with the TV?

--
Bill

A home DVD player can only play DVD or VCD movies. That means you
have to use some software to turn your photos into slide shows in a
movie.

Many newer DVD players are specifically designed to handle jpeg files burned
to DVD, and can play them pack as files...not video.

But--If you want anyone with a DVD player to be able to see your photos,
you're usually better off creating a "video" of still photos.

Take a look at Pro Show Gold from Photodex.com

Old November 11th 05, 09:36 PM
Dave Cohen

"AlJ" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bill
It's easy but you need some software. I've used Video Studio from
www.ulead.com to make 5 or 6. Easy to get the pictures in and easy to
get audio in if you want.

They offer a free trial of 30 days. You can pretty well do your whole
project for free and buy it later if you want.

I'm sure there are others but this is the one I use and I find it very
good. I've got a P4 1.3mz machine and it runs OK so it isn't a machine
hog.
Al

I've used MyDVD which came with my burner, makes a useable slide show.
My daughter made up a show using some HP software, again not bad. There are
many packages out there, ulead is often mentioned although I couldn't see
how to add to an existing slide show, but I didn't play with the eval
version very long. Most will let you add sound tracks and do fancy stuff
like fade in etc. The DVD players that handle .jpg are very rudimentary and
may distort depending on aspect ratio but don't require any special
software.
Dave Cohen

Old November 11th 05, 10:20 PM
Bob Williams

Bill wrote:
What is the technic for burning photos to DVD and showing in a DVD player
with the TV?

Unless you have a specific reason for burning your images to a DVD, I'd
just burn them to a CD. Windows Xp has a basic CD burner built in, so
you don't even need any separate burning software unless you want some
extra bell and whistles. A TV set does not need images larger than about
800 x 600 pixels. Even at Superfine .jpeg quality that would translate
to an image less than 500 KB.
This means you could put nearly 1500 images on a single CD!!!!!
If your DVD player is less than 2-3 years old, it should be jpeg
compatible, but check the Manufacturer's specifications first.
I bought an APEX DVD player a few years ago for $49 and it plays CDs
flawlessly.
Bob Williams

Old November 12th 05, 09:01 AM
Bill

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried MyDVD by Sonic and it worked fine. I
am now a movie producer. Oliver Stone better watch out.

Old November 12th 05, 05:31 PM
Marvin

WannabeSomeone wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
. ..

What is the technic for burning photos to DVD and showing in a DVD player
with the TV?

--
Bill

A home DVD player can only play DVD or VCD movies. That means you have
to use some software to turn your photos into slide shows in a movie.

Best Regards,

Wannabe
=======

Not so. Some home DVD players can show jpg files, or other image formats.

Old November 12th 05, 06:03 PM
WannabeSomeone

"Marvin" wrote in message
WannabeSomeone wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
. ..

What is the technic for burning photos to DVD and showing in a DVD
player
with the TV?

--
Bill

A home DVD player can only play DVD or VCD movies. That means you have to
use some software to turn your photos into slide shows in a movie.

Best Regards,

Wannabe
=======

Not so. Some home DVD players can show jpg files, or other image formats.

The normal home DVD players can only play DVD and VCD.

If you ask around, it is still hard to find many people with DVD players
that can play everything. Do you want your stuff to be able to play in only
some, or all DVD players?

Wannabe
=======