(Feb 6th) Picture of the Week

Old February 6th 06, 09:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default (Feb 6th) Picture of the Week

Bonjour,

The picture of the week

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Thanks for your visit.

Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old February 6th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Daniel Rocha wrote:
Bonjour,

The picture of the week

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Thanks for your visit.

Regards,

Let me guess: Some untalented & envious digitoy shooter is going to post
a sarcastic comment...
Old February 6th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Let me guess: Some untalented & envious digitoy shooter is going to post
a sarcastic comment...

No, but I will.

It's ashame about the blown highlights. And the way the shadow detail
got stomped on, it almost looks like a Nikon D70 pic that was converted
to B&W.
Oh yeah, and the color seems a bit off to me as well.

Old February 6th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Annika1980 wrote:
Let me guess: Some untalented & envious digitoy shooter is going to post
a sarcastic comment...

No, but I will.

It's ashame about the blown highlights. And the way the shadow detail
got stomped on, it almost looks like a Nikon D70 pic that was converted
to B&W.

Again, I like it.

Blownout highlights? It *is* a night shot.

Maybe it's a matter of using a brain instead of a microchip inside the
camera...
Old February 6th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Annika1980 wrote:
Let me guess: Some untalented & envious digitoy shooter is going to post
a sarcastic comment...

No, but I will.

It's ashame about the blown highlights. And the way the shadow detail
got stomped on, it almost looks like a Nikon D70 pic that was converted
to B&W.

Again, I like it.

Blown out hightlights? It *is* a night shot!

Maybe it's a matter of a brain instead of a microchip inside the camera
making the choices.

Also, there's something called composition; maybe you should look that
one up in the dictionary...
Old February 6th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

The range between high lites and shadow detail to say the least
extreme. The eye tends to stray to the bridge that is blown bright
white. A slight burning of the bridge would help in that matter.
The shadow area where the child is tends to loose detail but has
enough to have a sense of the area.

Other than the over done high lites, very well done.

The image can invoke a plesant eveing stroll with the child being
enviromentally correct with the throwing out trash. or it could be used
as a warning to be alert about children. No adult in the image is
watching the child and the child being in shadow could be sweeped away
without any warning.

IMHO I prefer the former. But am aware of the posiblity of the latter.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Old February 6th 06, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

That's a good shot. Who says you need highlights for every shot? Hell,
I used slightlu OOF shots in multiple exposure pics of mine. This pic
looks abstract, almost painted.

Jim

Old February 6th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Daniel Rocha" wrote in message
Bonjour,

The picture of the week

http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Thanks for your visit.

Daniel Rocha

Boy, you sure are persistent, Daniel....For what it's worth, I do like this
one a lot better than the others....It is very like a B&W watercolor
painting, and it has a lot of compositional interest, at least to
me......Either you are improving, or my taste is changing.......:^)

Old February 7th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Chris Loffredo wrote:
http://www.monochromatique.com/photosemaine/

Hello Chris,

Let me guess: Some untalented & envious digitoy shooter is going to
post a sarcastic comment...

Who cares ?! )

Thanks !

--
Daniel Rocha | Photographie
http://www.monochromatique.com

Old February 7th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

No, the D70 has Matrix metering. Looks more like the WB setting was
improperly set on a 20D.