Photos from S. Cruz and Lassen Volcanic Park this summer

Old December 30th 05, 11:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Photos from S. Cruz and Lassen Volcanic Park this summer

"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:35:54 -0500, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems "Ed
Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" wrote:

Would help if I posted a link to start with, wouldn't it? Sorry.

http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...n_1/index.html

Wow, I was at Lassen in August of 1998 and all the hiking trails on the
mountain were still under 20 ft of snow. We played in the snow rather than
hike. I'm surprised with all the snow we got last winter that you didn't
encounter the same thing. I have a very similar shot to this:

http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...DSC_6013_800.h
tml

but the meadow is covered with snow and there is a snowbridge over the
creek.

Greg

Old December 31st 05, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 15:58:38 -0800, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photog...s/DSC_6013_800.

tml

but the meadow is covered with snow and there is a snowbridge over the
creek.

This was Aug 23rd. Would love to see it if you could post it.

We were there for a couple of days around the 18th of August 1998, towards
the end of a 3 week trip up the coast to Redwoods Natl Park and Olympic Natl
Park, to Vancouver, across to Banff/Jasper, and down through Glacier and
Lassen. Hardly any snow in Banff and Glacier, which are much further north,
but we get back to California and there's still 20 ft of snow and ice on the
pond. We got some great but lucky shots because I knew zero about cameras
then. Unfortunately they're all film and I don't have a scanner yet. If I
have a chance to get them online soon I'll let you know.

Greg