Seattle Film Works Process SFW-XL

Old June 27th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs

Default Seattle Film Works Process SFW-XL

On 2006-02-13 20:49:07 -0500, "djs" said:

I hate to admit it, but I founds four rolls of exposed file with
Process: SFW-SL on the canister. Where does a person send these to get
them developed? I searched several photograph news groups but there is
very little information that isn't over 6 years old.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some advice that I find says the film is old movei film. Others have
stated that it is C-41.
The local labs won't touch it. What is a person to do to get these
rolls developed?

Thanks in advance, djs

SFW changed its name some years ago and I think they are still in
business. The SFW film was movie film long long ago but it has been
more than 10 years since they converted to C41. Likely you have C41 but
because they deliberately labeled their film to be confusing so that
you would send it to them for processing, most photofinishers won't
touch any SFW film just in case it MIGHT be the old stock. The other
post I saw recommended Dale and they used to process the old movie
film, so they would probably do your film.
--
Michael | "He's dead, Jim."

Old March 20th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bob[_14_]

On 13 Feb 2006 17:49:07 -0800, "djs" wrote:

|I hate to admit it, but I founds four rolls of exposed file with
|Process: SFW-SL on the canister. Where does a person send these to get
|them developed? I searched several photograph news groups but there is
|very little information that isn't over 6 years old.
|Any help would be greatly appreciated.
|
|Some advice that I find says the film is old movei film. Others have
|stated that it is C-41.
|The local labs won't touch it. What is a person to do to get these
|rolls developed?
|
|Thanks in advance,
|djs

They have a newsletter:

From: "PhotoWorks"

Copyright 2007 PhotoWorks Inc. | 71 Columbia Street Suite 200, Seattle, WA
98104

** Free standard shipping on prints offer applies to online digital print
orders of $20 or more placed by 11:59pm (PDT) 12/28/2007. Offer is not
applicable to gift certificates or pre-paid products and cannot be used in
combination with any other offers. Offer does not apply to non-print items
within the same order. Offer expires 11:59pm (PDT) 12/28/2007. Enter coupon
code DECEMBERNEWS during checkout. Offer not valid on shipping addresses
outside of the continental U.S.

They also have a large website at http://www.photoworks.com, with
many functions like digital to prints, prints to digital, and C-41/etc.
developments, but this might get you all nfo you need for now.......

--
Triad Productions-Fantalla®(tm)~EZine~ParaNovel
http://tarbitch.balder.prohosting. com
Old March 20th 08, 05:16 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael[_6_]

On 2008-03-19 22:35:27 -0400, Bob said:

On 13 Feb 2006 17:49:07 -0800, "djs" wrote:

|I hate to admit it, but I founds four rolls of exposed file with
|Process: SFW-SL on the canister. Where does a person send these to get
|them developed? I searched several photograph news groups but there is
|very little information that isn't over 6 years old.
|Any help would be greatly appreciated.
|
|Some advice that I find says the film is old movei film. Others have
|stated that it is C-41.
|The local labs won't touch it. What is a person to do to get these
|rolls developed?
|
|Thanks in advance,
|djs

They have a newsletter:

From: "PhotoWorks"

Copyright 2007 PhotoWorks Inc. | 71 Columbia Street Suite 200, Seattle, WA
98104

** Free standard shipping on prints offer applies to online digital print
orders of $20 or more placed by 11:59pm (PDT) 12/28/2007. Offer is not
applicable to gift certificates or pre-paid products and cannot be used in
combination with any other offers. Offer does not apply to non-print items
within the same order. Offer expires 11:59pm (PDT) 12/28/2007. Enter coupon
code DECEMBERNEWS during checkout. Offer not valid on shipping addresses
outside of the continental U.S.

They also have a large website at http://www.photoworks.com, with
many functions like digital to prints, prints to digital, and C-41/etc.
developments, but this might get you all nfo you need for now.......

SFW originally sold respooled movie film and processed it to negative,
as it is supposed to be, and then made prints and also printed on
positive film to provide slides. They were kind of lousy and had to be
developed either by SFW or by Dale or other such companies, because the
jet backing on the movie stock would gunk up commercial processors.
Then SFW started selling regular C41 film and doing the same process,
but they implied it was different so you'd have to go to them for
processing. The downside was that even though ANY commercial processor
could process the film, they were all afraid of it because of the old
days of the movie stock. I THINK what you've got is the newer C41 film,
but cannot be sure. Rocky Mountain photo labs will process it if it's
the movie stock, but at about $35 plus dollars aroll.
--
Michael

Old March 20th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott Norwood

In article 2008032000163616807-adunc79617@mypacksnet,
Michael wrote:

I THINK what you've got is the newer C41 film,
but cannot be sure. Rocky Mountain photo labs will process it if it's
the movie stock, but at about $35 plus dollars aroll.

What do the perforations look like? If they are "BH" perfs which look like
this
_
(_)

then you definitely have motion-picture camera film.

If they are "KS" perfs that look like this
_
|_|

(same as perfs on standard 35mm still film), then it is not motion-picture
camera stock.

- Scott
Old April 25th 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

wrote:

The film can be processed in the USA by DaleLabs (according to
Photoworks) but there was no mention of that or any other ECN-2
service on their website. I don't think Rocky Mountain has an ECN-2
line anymore either, but I do not have confirmation.

Hopefully this information has been useful!

Thank you!

I will occasionally use Fuji Eterna 500T in my still cameras,
which is also ECN2. At least as of a few months ago, Dale
Labs still offered the service, as does "The Camera Shop" in
St. Cloud, MN (http://www.thecamerashop.com).

AandI photo has announced that they will discontinue the
service as of May 31, 2008, but one can still sneak in
under the wi
http://www.aandi.com/film_pro2.htm

--
Michael Benveniste -- (Clarification required)
Legalize Updoc.