Does anyone really use Windows stupid "tiled" interface?

Old March 16th 17, 10:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

Default Does anyone really use Windows stupid "tiled" interface?

On 16/03/2017 03:34, RichA wrote:
I go to "Desktop" and bypass the silly made-for-mobile (that failed) s---.

[]

Likely be quite handy if your digital camera runs Windows-10.
E.g. mobile.

Otherwise OT, as android says.

--
Cheers,
David
Old March 16th 17, 02:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 16 March 2017 09:27:17 UTC, David Taylor wrote:
On 16/03/2017 03:34, RichA wrote:
I go to "Desktop" and bypass the silly made-for-mobile (that failed) s---.

[]

Likely be quite handy if your digital camera runs Windows-10.
E.g. mobile.

Otherwise OT, as android says.

Maybe it'd be easier to use OT meaning on topic ;-)

Well... There is a sort of international convention using OT as
abbreviation for off topic for facilitating the use of the Usenet. It's
ancient compromise between those that think that everything should be on
topic and those that wants to share stuff with a group that don't really
belong but could, perhaps be of interest to some.
--
teleportation kills
Old March 16th 17, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

I go to "Desktop" and bypass the silly made-for-mobile (that failed) s---.

Likely be quite handy if your digital camera runs Windows-10.

what camera runs windows 10???

E.g. mobile.

mobile is ios or android. not win10.
Old March 16th 17, 05:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

I go to "Desktop" and bypass the silly made-for-mobile (that failed) s---.

Likely be quite handy if your digital camera runs Windows-10.

what camera runs windows 10???

E.g. mobile.

mobile is ios or android. not win10.

Eruhum:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Windows_10_Mobile_devices
--
teleportation kills
Old March 16th 17, 05:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

I go to "Desktop" and bypass the silly made-for-mobile (that failed)
s---.

Likely be quite handy if your digital camera runs Windows-10.

what camera runs windows 10???

E.g. mobile.

mobile is ios or android. not win10.

Eruhum:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Windows_10_Mobile_devices

none of those sell in any appreciable numbers. windows 10 mobile has
*less* than 1% market share now. even microsoft has declared it to be
dead.

microsoft is actively supporting ios and android.
Old March 16th 17, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

I go to "Desktop" and bypass the silly made-for-mobile (that failed)
s---.

Likely be quite handy if your digital camera runs Windows-10.

what camera runs windows 10???

E.g. mobile.

mobile is ios or android. not win10.

Eruhum:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Windows_10_Mobile_devices

none of those sell in any appreciable numbers. windows 10 mobile has
*less* than 1% market share now. even microsoft has declared it to be
dead.

Knew the first but have missed the latter... They are hiding its
development among them tablets me thinks. I don't think that Microsoft
will ever give up on a key market like phones in long game.

microsoft is actively supporting ios and android.

Supporting in a perverted sense of the word then, accepting the
situation for now, could be.
--
teleportation kills
Old March 16th 17, 06:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

mobile is ios or android. not win10.

Eruhum:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Windows_10_Mobile_devices

none of those sell in any appreciable numbers. windows 10 mobile has
*less* than 1% market share now. even microsoft has declared it to be
dead.

Knew the first but have missed the latter... They are hiding its
development among them tablets me thinks. I don't think that Microsoft
will ever give up on a key market like phones in long game.

they aren't giving up on phones or mobile.

they gave up on windows phones.

they're supporting ios/android.
Old March 16th 17, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 16/03/2017 16:58, android wrote:
[]
Knew the first but have missed the latter... They are hiding its
development among them tablets me thinks. I don't think that Microsoft
will ever give up on a key market like phones in long game.

[]

Microsoft is actively pushing out new versions of Windows-10 to mobile
devices.

--
Cheers,
David
Old March 16th 17, 10:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
David Taylor wrote:

On 16/03/2017 16:58, android wrote:
[]
Knew the first but have missed the latter... They are hiding its
development among them tablets me thinks. I don't think that Microsoft
will ever give up on a key market like phones in long game.

[]

Microsoft is actively pushing out new versions of Windows-10 to mobile
devices.

That they didn't was nospams claim, if anyones. I think that he said
that MS had pronounced it dead, on phones that it... I personally don't
care more for MS Windows than I have to.
--
teleportation kills
Old March 16th 17, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

Microsoft is actively pushing out new versions of Windows-10 to mobile
devices.

except that there are almost no win10 mobile devices out there, with
less than 1% market share and falling.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/23/11...ows-phone-mark
et-share-below-1-percent
Worldwide smartphone sales increased by nearly 4 percent in the
recent quarter, but Microsoft's Windows Phone OS failed to capitalize
on the growth and dropped below 1 percent market share.*Gartner's
latest smartphone sales report provides the latest proof of the
obvious:*Windows Phone is dead. Gartner estimates that nearly 2.4
million Windows Phones were sold in the latest quarter, around 0.7
percent market share overall. That's a decrease from the 2.5 percent
market share of Windows Phone back in Q1 2015.