New Nikon?s ?NIKKOR & ACC? app released

Old August 28th 15, 05:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default New Nikon?s ?NIKKOR & ACC? app released

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Rumours seem to be writ large in their objectives.

I didn't think you an innocent. Most companies make sure the "rumour"
mill (industry new sources) are well filled with "rumours". This
generates fan enthusiasm, competitor envy (and mistakes) and most
importantly keeps people from spending on other brands until the widget
actually appears.

That's not the point at issue. The question is whether or not 'Nikon
Rumours' deals in rumours. PeterN thought that they did. I cited their
home page and some content to say that *some* of their stuff is
clearly labeled rumour. nospam is arguing that their use of the word
'rumour' does not mean that they deal with rumours.

you just confirmed what i have been saying.
Old August 28th 15, 09:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015 00:26:05 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Rumours seem to be writ large in their objectives.

I didn't think you an innocent. Most companies make sure the "rumour"
mill (industry new sources) are well filled with "rumours". This
generates fan enthusiasm, competitor envy (and mistakes) and most
importantly keeps people from spending on other brands until the widget
actually appears.

That's not the point at issue. The question is whether or not 'Nikon
Rumours' deals in rumours. PeterN thought that they did. I cited their
home page and some content to say that *some* of their stuff is
clearly labeled rumour. nospam is arguing that their use of the word
'rumour' does not mean that they deal with rumours.

you just confirmed what i have been saying.

Good Lord!

What do you think you have been saying?

Eric Stevens
Old April 8th 17, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

For those that want spam for brunch. ;-p
Via Nicon Rumours:
http://tinyurl.com/ook58xw
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old April 8th 17, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

PeterN Wrote in message:
On 8/21/2015 4:52 AM, android wrote:
For those that want spam for brunch. ;-p
Via Nicon Rumours:
http://tinyurl.com/ook58xw

I tend not to pay too much attention to rumors.

The app is live. TOTALLY CANNED NICOM!!!
--
teleportation kills

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old April 8th 17, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

PeterN Wrote in message:
On 8/21/2015 10:03 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

For those that want spam for brunch. ;-p
Via Nicon Rumours:
http://tinyurl.com/ook58xw

I tend not to pay too much attention to rumors.

whoosh.

the nospam mottos:
"If you can't make a derogatory comment, be silent." "If you don't know
the facts, make a nasty comment."
"Do your best to keep the atmosphere acrid."

I'ts all about presence...
--
teleportation kills

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old April 8th 17, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

PeterN Wrote in message:
On 8/21/2015 9:39 AM, android wrote:
PeterN Wrote in message:
On 8/21/2015 4:52 AM, android wrote:
For those that want spam for brunch. ;-p
Via Nicon Rumours:
http://tinyurl.com/ook58xw

I tend not to pay too much attention to rumors.

The app is live. TOTALLY CANNED NICOM!!!

To expand upon my earlier comment, I don't bother reading the rumors
website. However if it's real and only for Android O/S, I have no
interest. If I may be interested, then I take a look.

It's for Ios to, just as I posted...
--
teleportation kills

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old April 8th 17, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2015-08-23 14:12:51 +0000, PeterN said:

Le Snip

My next equipment purchase will be a monitor. I have been researching
4k monitors. I have ruled out several at the low end, and several at
the high end. What I am trying to reconcile is, if the printer I use
does not use the full RGB spectrum, how would it benefit me to use a
monitor that does.

Stop screwing with with the idea that a new 4K monitor/display is going
to feed a good printer good printer data it can't digest. A budget
printer perhaps. With a good photo printer you are going to be happy
with the results, provided you go about things intelligently.

Perhaps I didn't state my question properly. Consider two printers.
Printer A covers 100% of the sRGB spectrum.

Printer B covers about 146% of the sRGB spectrum, and 99.3% of the RGB
spectrum.

I have pretty much narrowed my choice:
Probably this one. unless I see a compelling reason to make a different
choice.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N=11058076&InitialSearch=yes&sts=pi

As it covers 94.8% of NTSC u could use it for web TV if you.find
the gamut limited at a later date... :-)

You start with a properly calibrated monitor/display. Without that you
have no starting point and there is no way to produce consistant results
in post. The data saved in the post processed, edited image file, and
then sent to the printer is going to be the same regardless of how fancy
your display is. Make sure the display is properly calibrated then it
doesn't matter what display you are working on.

Yep! I believe in monitor calibration.

Only then should you concern yourself with your printer. If you are
using a good Pro/semi-Pro photoprinter use the appropriate printer/paper
icc profiles. If I remember correctly you have an Epson R3880 which will
not have any problems dealing with whatever you throw at it, provided
you use the correct matching printer/paper icc profiles.

I also seem to recall that you use Costco for some of your print jobs.
For color prints the Costco results are going to be a crap shoot.

I use the Costco Profiles, and give instructions to print as is, without
adjusting for anything. Most of the time the comply. For the rare times
they haven't, they have cheerfully reprinted. I had been dealing with
one person for years, until she retired. Her replacement seems to take
just as much pride in doing a proper job.

Even with my R2880 I get outstanding prints on a variety of Epson, Red
River, and Ilford papers when used with the appropriate matching icc
profiles.

IMHO you are using an excellent printer. I know quite a few fine
photography artists who use either the 2880, or the 3880.

--
PeterN

--
teleportation kills