Emerging from the water

Old August 20th 15, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Emerging from the water

On 2015-08-20 14:24:34 +0000, PeterN said:

On 8/20/2015 2:46 AM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 8/18/15 PDT 12:49 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 8/18/2015 3:23 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 8/12/15 PDT 8:12 AM, PeterN wrote:
Yellow curried shrimp, with chutney.

OMG. I so desire same. Now have to Google for proper restaurant....

Goes great with a yard of ale.

Darn. I rushed off to the nearest big city with Google and Yelp
searches
for Indian restaurants, found one with the name Curry in it, somewhat
near where I needed to go anyway.

Sadly, no shrimp was to be found, and I had to settle for Chicken
Tikki
Marsala. And the chutney sucked. It was all liquid, no chunks of mango
at all. Give me Major Grey's anytime. The owner said that Marsala was
also a Brit invention. But it cost me only $10 and the Naan was
excellent. No ale either, not even an inch.

Not sure that Marsala was an English invention. All that means is it's
cooked in Marsala wine, which originally was grown in, or near the
City of Marsala, IT.

Two very different things.
Marsala is the Italian wine. Masala (no "R") is the spicy curry sauce.
So chicken tikka masala is not comparable with chicken marsala.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_tikka_masala
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_marsala

That said, I would think that Major Grey's Chutney and a yard of ale
are one of the few decent foods created by the Brits.
I used to get mine in a British style restaurant. A short time after
it closed, the former matre di opened a place of his own. Sadly no
curries. I did find decent curried shrimp at several Thai restaurants.
While the places I tried didn't have ale, they did have a decent Thai
beer. (Life moves on, and we humans are adaptable creatures.)

I know, but John said Marsala

...and you compounded that error. That is what happens when you order
food based on phonics and erroneous spelling rather than knowledge of
the cuisine.

I can just see Guido's face when he orders Chicken Marsala at the Bombay
Curry Palace, and is greeted with the spicy fragrance of masala.

By coincidence my wife and I were talking about a local Italian
restaurant that suddenly closed. I apologize for my mental misdirection.

--
PeterN
Old August 20th 15, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-08-20 14:24:34 +0000, PeterN said:

[...]

That is akin to ordering a hotdog and being presented with a sweating
(or heavily panting) poodle.

Savageduck

Old August 20th 15, 07:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-08-20 14:24:34 +0000, PeterN said:

[...]

How about a sweating overweight, pimply woman in heat.

--
PeterN