Scanning negatives

Old March 14th 18, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

Default Scanning negatives

On 3/14/2018 5:31 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 07:13:11 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Sunlight changes.

copy during the day.

... during the day when color temperatures depend upon all kinds of
factors.

that does not matter *at* *all*.

But I'm sure you will deny that even if you know it to be
true.

See http://www.geofflawrence.com/color_temperature.html

I expect you will say the site is wrong but that will just be your
usual quibbling over details.

it's not wrong. the problem is you don't understand about white balance
or copying slides/negatives.

Please explain - if you can.

I worked on an advanced physics project some time ago where I asked
my supervisor to explain the project he responded that I was too dumb
to understand it.
Years later I found out that the actual reason for not explaining it was
that
he didn't understand it and was too insecure to admit that.
~~
Wondering if there is a parallel here. As always, the devil is in the
details .. details seldom provided.
--
==
Later...

Old March 14th 18, 11:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Sunlight changes.

copy during the day.

... during the day when color temperatures depend upon all kinds of
factors.

that does not matter *at* *all*.

But I'm sure you will deny that even if you know it to be
true.

See http://www.geofflawrence.com/color_temperature.html

I expect you will say the site is wrong but that will just be your
usual quibbling over details.

it's not wrong. the problem is you don't understand about white balance
or copying slides/negatives.

Please explain - if you can.

i can, and already did to an extent, both in the text you quoted and
also in the text you snipped.

have you even used a slide copier attachment??
Old March 15th 18, 03:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 18:23:11 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Sunlight changes.

copy during the day.

... during the day when color temperatures depend upon all kinds of
factors.

that does not matter *at* *all*.

But I'm sure you will deny that even if you know it to be
true.

See http://www.geofflawrence.com/color_temperature.html

I expect you will say the site is wrong but that will just be your
usual quibbling over details.

it's not wrong. the problem is you don't understand about white balance
or copying slides/negatives.

Please explain - if you can.

i can, and already did to an extent, both in the text you quoted and
also in the text you snipped.

1. There is no explanaytion of why you say that daylight under any
condition is suitable for use with a slide copier.

2. I have snipped NO text.

have you even used a slide copier attachment??

Yes, but not quite in that form. I used a macro lens with the camera
and slide carrier mounted on a rail. I used a studio light as source.

Eric Stevens
Old March 15th 18, 03:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Sunlight changes.

copy during the day.

... during the day when color temperatures depend upon all kinds of
factors.

that does not matter *at* *all*.

But I'm sure you will deny that even if you know it to be
true.

See http://www.geofflawrence.com/color_temperature.html

I expect you will say the site is wrong but that will just be your
usual quibbling over details.

it's not wrong. the problem is you don't understand about white balance
or copying slides/negatives.

Please explain - if you can.

i can, and already did to an extent, both in the text you quoted and
also in the text you snipped.

1. There is no explanaytion of why you say that daylight under any
condition is suitable for use with a slide copier.

there is.

i'm surprised you can't figure it out.

2. I have snipped NO text.

true. i thought i went into more detail, but what i did write is
sufficient for anyone familiar with photography.

have you even used a slide copier attachment??

Yes, but not quite in that form. I used a macro lens with the camera
and slide carrier mounted on a rail. I used a studio light as source.

for those without studio lighting, sunlight works well.

another option is a flash, one which can dial down its power because it
will be fairly close to the slide.
Old March 15th 18, 06:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-03-14 22:14:55 +0000, Ron C said:

As always, the devil is in the
details .. details seldom provided.

That's one place where I look for him... He has several dwellings you
know! It won't end 'till either one of us is dead...
--
teleportation kills

Old March 15th 18, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

I've copied slides or rather tried to using a few methods and I know that if
using daylight you still have to use your brain too.

a brain is always needed.
Old March 15th 18, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

On 2018-03-15 11:06, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 15 March 2018 02:03:39 UTC, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2018 18:23:11 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Sunlight changes.

copy during the day.

... during the day when color temperatures depend upon all kinds of
factors.

that does not matter *at* *all*.

But I'm sure you will deny that even if you know it to be
true.

See http://www.geofflawrence.com/color_temperature.html

I expect you will say the site is wrong but that will just be your
usual quibbling over details.

it's not wrong. the problem is you don't understand about white balance
or copying slides/negatives.

Please explain - if you can.

i can, and already did to an extent, both in the text you quoted and
also in the text you snipped.

1. There is no explanaytion of why you say that daylight under any
condition is suitable for use with a slide copier.

I'm not sure what's meant by daylight under any conditions.
I've copied slides or rather tried to using a few methods and I know that if using daylight you still have to use your brain too.
You can;t aim the copier at the sun or at trees, it's also not a good idea to do it in a thunderstorm, or at sunset and forget sunrise.

Obviously.

Contrary to nospam claims, the sun light varies a lot and affects
results. You can compensate, take it into account. Or, simply use some
kind of controlled artificial light that never changes.

Just ignore him, he is a known troll.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Old March 15th 18, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

Contrary to nospam claims, the sun light varies a lot and affects
results.

i never said it didn't. you are intentionally lying about what i said.

You can compensate, take it into account.

something which is needed for *every* single photo. it's also very easy
to do.

Or, simply use some
kind of controlled artificial light that never changes.

also an option, but not always available.

Just ignore him, he is a known troll.

ad hominem.
Old March 15th 18, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

On 2018-03-15 14:35, nospam wrote:
In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

Contrary to nospam claims, the sun light varies a lot and affects
results.

i never said it didn't. you are intentionally lying about what i said.

You can compensate, take it into account.

something which is needed for *every* single photo. it's also very easy
to do.

Finally! You recognize that compensation is needed. We are progressing.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Old March 15th 18, 03:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

Contrary to nospam claims, the sun light varies a lot and affects
results.

i never said it didn't. you are intentionally lying about what i said.

You can compensate, take it into account.

something which is needed for *every* single photo. it's also very easy
to do.

Finally! You recognize that compensation is needed.

i never said otherwise. stop lying.

We are progressing.

yes, you are.

you didn't know that yesterday.