Coney Island Mermaid Parade Pictures

Old July 1st 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Wiss

Default Coney Island Mermaid Parade Pictures

It was easy and fun to take 412 pictures. But then daunting to process
them. I finally buckled down and selected and cropped all of them. 270 of
them made it to the web. They are at:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/

While this is a family oriented parade, it gets a little fleshier each
year.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old July 1st 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
news
It was easy and fun to take 412 pictures. But then daunting to process
them. I finally buckled down and selected and cropped all of them. 270 of
them made it to the web. They are at:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/

While this is a family oriented parade, it gets a little fleshier each
year.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

OMG A Purvis Eureka http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/h0026.htm
I thought that Australia was the only country to be infested with these
heaps of ****e :-)

Don Hirschberg

Old July 1st 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Wiss

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 13:06:08 +1000, Atheist Chaplain wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:
It was easy and fun to take 412 pictures. But then daunting to process
them. I finally buckled down and selected and cropped all of them. 270 of
them made it to the web. They are at:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/

While this is a family oriented parade, it gets a little fleshier each
year.

OMG A Purvis Eureka http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/h0026.htm
I thought that Australia was the only country to be infested with these
heaps of ****e :-)

Oh. We were wondering today just what that little thing was.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old July 1st 08, 04:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Atheist Chaplain[_3_]

wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:
It was easy and fun to take 412 pictures. But then daunting to process
them. I finally buckled down and selected and cropped all of them. 270
of
them made it to the web. They are at:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/

While this is a family oriented parade, it gets a little fleshier each
year.

OMG A Purvis Eureka http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/h0026.htm
I thought that Australia was the only country to be infested with these
heaps of ****e :-)

Oh. We were wondering today just what that little thing was.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Yep, all fibreglass body on a VW chassis, in the rain when you open the lid
you get a lap full of cold water :-{
I never owned one but a friend did, I always thought they looked ugly but he
loved it :-)
http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...vis_eureka.htm

Don Hirschberg

Old July 1st 08, 11:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor[_6_]

Don Wiss wrote:
It was easy and fun to take 412 pictures. But then daunting to process
them. I finally buckled down and selected and cropped all of them. 270 of
them made it to the web. They are at:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/

While this is a family oriented parade, it gets a little fleshier each
year.

So just to be clear, when you say "I started off in the setup area,"
that's not you in the first picture, right?
Old July 1st 08, 11:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor[_6_]

Don Wiss wrote:
It was easy and fun to take 412 pictures. But then daunting to process
them. I finally buckled down and selected and cropped all of them. 270 of
them made it to the web. They are at:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/

While this is a family oriented parade, it gets a little fleshier each
year.

Also, good to see that Giuliani made it!
http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/h0065.htm
Old July 4th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington

wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:
[...]

Very interesting. I think it looks pretty snazzy when buttoned up. Never saw
one of those before.

Old July 4th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
news
It was easy and fun to take 412 pictures. But then daunting to process
them. I finally buckled down and selected and cropped all of them. 270 of
them made it to the web. They are at:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/

While this is a family oriented parade, it gets a little fleshier each
year.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Really nice collection of shots, Don. What camera?

Neil

Old July 4th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Don Wiss

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:54:33 -0400, Neil Harrington wrote:

Don Wiss wrote:
It was easy and fun to take 412 pictures. But then daunting to process
them. I finally buckled down and selected and cropped all of them. 270 of
them made it to the web. They are at:

http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/

While this is a family oriented parade, it gets a little fleshier each
year.

Really nice collection of shots, Don. What camera?

Hi Neil,

I used my D300 with the 18-200 lens. You will note that the pictures are
soft. That's the lens. Both the camera and lens were recently sent back to
Nikon, so I'm sure they are working to spec. Just spec is low for that
lens.

In a situation like this having the long zoom is real handy, though I still
crop all to maximize the people or float in the picture.

The boardwalk picture and the ones at the end were taken with the 12-24
lens. All pictures included the SB-800 flash set to back light.

I had been planning to upgrade to the D300's successor, figuring it would
be FX. But to me the D300 weight is at the max. So for the weight reason
alone I won't be upgrading to the D700.

Don www.donwiss.com/pictures/ (e-mail link at page bottoms).
Old July 4th 08, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Atheist Chaplain wrote:

"Don Wiss" wrote in message

edited for brevity

OMG A Purvis Eureka http://donwiss.com/pictures/Mermaid-2008/h0026.htm
I thought that Australia was the only country to be infested with these
heaps of ****e :-)

Oh. We were wondering today just what that little thing was.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Yep, all fibreglass body on a VW chassis, in the rain when you open the lid
you get a lap full of cold water :-{
I never owned one but a friend did, I always thought they looked ugly but he
loved it :-)
http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...vis_eureka.htm

Hello, Atheist Chaplain:

Hmmm. That Aussie jalopy bears a strong resemblance to the USA's own,
fabled Chevrolet Corvette, no? g

Cordially,
John Turco