Random Thoughts from Brooks Jensen

Old February 2nd 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default Random Thoughts from Brooks Jensen

The editor of Lenswork magazine, Brooks Jensen, has a lot of
interesting podcasts on his site.

I found this one particularly entertaining:
http://www.lenswork.com/podcast/LW03...20Thoughts.mp3

You can download his recent podcasts he
http://www.lenswork.com/lensworkpodcast1-1.htm

Enjoy.

Old February 2nd 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Mardon

"Annika1980" wrotem:

I found this one particularly entertaining:
http://www.lenswork.com/podcast/LW03...20Thoughts.mp3

Thanks for the link. I just listened.

Some of my thoughts in response to his thoughts:

1. He discusses print sizes and the frustration of not having ready-made
frames available in the 'new' sizes but he never mentions 8" x 12" as one
of the 'new' sizes. This seems like a major omission. 8x12 is a multiple
of the standard 4" x 6" print and the 2:3 aspect ratio is now native in
many cameras. Why doesn't Wal-Mart carry 8"x12" frames?

2. He implies that 'dry mounting" has gone the way of the dinosaur. Why?
I get lot's of my digital prints dry-mounted. My sister-in-law has a 24" x
36" dry-mounted print of one of my photos hanging in her living room. The
only thing I like better than dry-mounting digital prints is having them
printed on canvas.

3. Graphite lubricant is a good way to stop a rotary trimmer from
squeaking.
Old February 2nd 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Mardon wrote:
"Annika1980" wrotem:

I found this one particularly entertaining:
http://www.lenswork.com/podcast/LW03...20Thoughts.mp3

Thanks for the link. I just listened.

Some of my thoughts in response to his thoughts:

1. He discusses print sizes and the frustration of not having
ready-made frames available in the 'new' sizes but he never mentions
8" x 12" as one of the 'new' sizes. This seems like a major
omission. 8x12 is a multiple of the standard 4" x 6" print and the
2:3 aspect ratio is now native in many cameras. Why doesn't Wal-Mart
carry 8"x12" frames?

I've searched HIGH AND LOW for 8x12 frames.
It's AMAZING to me that they just aren't there. Ya, you'll see one on RARE
occasion...but very few.
Or...how about 12x18?

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old February 2nd 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Harry Lockwood

In article .com,
"Annika1980" wrote:

The editor of Lenswork magazine, Brooks Jensen, has a lot of
interesting podcasts on his site.

I found this one particularly entertaining:
http://www.lenswork.com/podcast/LW03...20Thoughts.mp3

You can download his recent podcasts he
http://www.lenswork.com/lensworkpodcast1-1.htm

Enjoy.

I get the audio and the progress bar but no other graphics. What plugin
am I missing?

HFL

--
Change hlockwood to hflockwood in email address
Old February 3rd 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Feb 2, 4:44 pm, Harry Lockwood wrote:
In article .com,

"Annika1980" wrote:
The editor of Lenswork magazine, Brooks Jensen, has a lot of
interesting podcasts on his site.

I found this one particularly entertaining:
http://www.lenswork.com/podcast/LW03...20Thoughts.mp3

You can download his recent podcasts he
http://www.lenswork.com/lensworkpodcast1-1.htm

Enjoy.

I get the audio and the progress bar but no other graphics. What plugin
am I missing?

Nothing. It's an audio podcast.

Old February 3rd 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Feb 2, 1:05 pm, "Annika1980" wrote:
The editor of Lenswork magazine, Brooks Jensen, has a lot of
interesting podcasts on his site.

I found this one particularly entertaining:http://www.lenswork.com/podcast/LW03...20Thoughts.mp3

You can download his recent podcasts hehttp://www.lenswork.com/lensworkpodcast1-1.htm

Enjoy.

Thanks Bret! I enjoyed that. Very interesting indeed.
Helen