To FF or not to FF...

Old July 10th 17, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default To FF or not to FF...

On Jul 10, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 7/10/2017 11:01 AM, David B. wrote:
On 10-Jul-17 2:48 PM, nospam wrote:
In , PeterN
wrote:

I donâ¤Ât think he was using the GWB/Who delivery.

Why is the second word in your reply so screwed up?

because you're using a ****ty newsreader.

Thunderbird works fine for me! :-)

Peter, though, isn't using the current version.

Thunderbird Notes
Version 52.2.1, first offered to Release channel users on June 23, 2017

Check out "What’s New" and "Known Issues" for this version of
Thunderbird below. As always, you’re encouraged to tell us what you
think, or file a bug in Bugzilla. If interested, please see the complete
list of changes in this release.

System Requirements:
• Window: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 or later
• Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or later
• Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
Details here.

Please refer to Release Notes for version 52.0 to see the list of
improvements and fixed issues.

=

HTH

Thanks, I'll play with it.

I suspect that you might need to make sure your text encoding is set to
Unicode(UTF8).

Savageduck

Old July 10th 17, 06:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I changed the incoming encoding and here is what I got, with the
same word. "donâ¤Ât"

--
PeterN
Old July 10th 17, 06:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 10, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

I think that might be some strange Long Island dialect of Serbo-Croatian
encoding.

At this point I would’t dare guess. ;-)

Savageduck

Old July 10th 17, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/10/2017 1:16 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 10, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 7/10/2017 12:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 10, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 7/10/2017 11:01 AM, David B. wrote:
On 10-Jul-17 2:48 PM, nospam wrote:
In , PeterN
wrote:

I donâ¤Æšt think he was using the GWB/Who delivery.

[...]

same word. "donâ¤Ã⠚t"

I think that might be some strange Long Island dialect of Serbo-Croatian
encoding.

At this point I would’t dare guess. ;-)

would you send me an apostrophe, and a few other symbols. I'm trying to
track this down.

Thanks,

--
PeterN
Old July 10th 17, 06:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 10, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

don’t, “why?”, $50, Testa’s coil, #9, peter@there, What!, …er,&
that, 50%, *

All done on an 

Savageduck

Old July 10th 17, 06:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 10, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jul 10, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

Just to confirm what you should be seeing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/np9c5m17k4za3i1/screenshot_76.png

Savageduck

Old July 10th 17, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

On 10-Jul-17 6:54 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 10, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

What's that LAST symbol, please?

--
Sometimes man stumbles over the truth. (W.Churchill)
Old July 10th 17, 07:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Ah! No matter - I just read he-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/np9c5m17k4...eenshot_76.png

I really *DO* miss my iMac when I'm away from home on my narrowboat!

--
David B.
Old July 10th 17, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/10/2017 1:57 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 10, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jul 10, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 7/10/2017 1:16 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 10, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 7/10/2017 12:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 10, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 7/10/2017 11:01 AM, David B. wrote:
On 10-Jul-17 2:48 PM, nospam wrote:
In , PeterN
wrote:

I donÃÃ*’¢Ã ’‚¤Ãà ¢â‚¬Å¡t think he was
using the GWB/Who delivery.

Why is the second word in your reply so screwed up?

because you're using a ****ty newsreader.

Thunderbird works fine for me! :-)

Peter, though, isn't using the current version.

Thunderbird Notes
Version 52.2.1, first offered to Release channel users on June 23, 2017

Check out "WhatÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šà ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s New" and "Known
Issues" for this
version of
Thunderbird below. As always,
youââ‚ ¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢re encouraged to tell
us what you
think, or file a bug in Bugzilla. If interested, please see the
complete
list of changes in this release.

System Requirements:
†¢ Window: Windows XP, Windows Server
2003 or later
†¢ Mac: Mac OS X 10.9 or later
†¢ Linux: GTK+ 3.4 or higher
Details here.

Please refer to Release Notes for version 52.0 to see the list of
improvements and fixed issues.

=

HTH

Thanks, I'll play with it.

I suspect that you might need to make sure your text encoding is set to
Unicode(UTF8).

Thanks. I changed the incoming encoding and here is what I got, with the
same word. "donÃÃ*’¢Ã ƒâ€šÃ‚¤Ã ¢â‚¬Å¡t"

I think that might be some strange Long Island dialect of Serbo-Croatian
encoding.

At this point I would’t dare guess. ;-)

would you send me an apostrophe, and a few other symbols. I'm trying to
track this down.

Thanks,

don’t, “why?”, $50, Testa’s coil, #9, peter@there, What!, …er,&
that, 50%, *

All done on an 

Just to confirm what you should be seeing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/np9c5m17k4za3i1/screenshot_76.png

Thanks. I am not seeing that at all. Looks like I have a small project
to correct that.

--
PeterN
Old July 10th 17, 10:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

wrote:

[...]

Hmm, I'm using Thunderbird 52.2.1 and everything the duck posted
looked fine [except the apple that showed as a tiny box with "F8FF"
inside]
--
==
Later....