Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capability that isn't already on Android?

Old May 3rd 17, 12:38 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair
Jolly Roger[_2_]

Default Is there a single useful Apple iOS camera capabilitythat isn't already on Android?

Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

You're nothing but an Apple-hating zealot who clearly
knows next to *nothing* about iOS; and your stupid trolls just point out
how huge a fool you really are. The world rightly laughs at idiots like
you. You're a joke, old fart. Be proud!

And yet, while I know nothing, I clearly know far more than you do.

LOL! You're the complete ignoramus who said:

"And how, without anything but the native software one the PC, since it
works with *every* PC in the world (linux, mac, and windows), are *you*
going to wirelessly transfer files from both the Android & iOS device to
any computer nearby without putting them on the Internet?"

It's brain-dead easy to do *just* that, and I've been doing it with Linux,
Windows, macOS, and Solaris for *years*. No internet is required. No
installation of any software On the PC is required. The fact that you are
completely unaware of how to do this ultra simple thing tells all we need
to know about just how little you actually know. Pathetic!

Fancy that.

Indeed; you're a ****ing laughable joke of a troll.

JR
Old May 3rd 17, 02:02 AM posted to comp.mobile.ipad,rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair
Jolly Roger[_2_]

On 2017-05-03, Tomos Davies wrote:
In , Jolly Roger suggested:

Indeed; you're a ****ing laughable joke of a troll.

If only

*yawn*

You're an utterly *boring* joke of a troll, at that.

Bye now.

*poof*

JR
Old May 3rd 17, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

i also know that you continue to lie.
all frank does is argue.
carlos is wrong. you don't.
he's wrong. there is no need for a static ip, and not only is it *not*
the solution, but it *creates* many problems.
nope. it definitely won't everywhere. he's wrong, as are you.

Your observation that everyone on the linux group cited is wrong,

i didn't say everyone was wrong. stop lying

and
you're always correct

i didn't say that either but in this case i am.

(even sans a shred of fact), is duly noted.

plenty of evidence was provided. stop lying.
Old May 3rd 17, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

i didn't misunderstand *anything* in that thread.

Do you really want me to quote again all the times in that thread where
respectable people handed you your head?

actual respectable person, such as jeff lieberman, agreed with what i
said and even called you an idiot for your crazy plan.

Constantly you misunderstood the OP and even finally admitted it,

why do you talk about yourself in the third person?
the op was you, and i didn't misunderstand anything.
stop lying.

In article , Jeff
Liebermann wrote:
I won't question why you need a static IP address for your device.
Well, maybe I will a little. On the WAN side, the only device that
really needs an internet routeable static IP is a mail server. That's
because the DNS MX record requires an IP address and will not work
with domain style address. On the LAN side, it's convenient to have
static IP addresses for such things as routers, servers, switches,
print servers, modem servers, gateways, backup server, etc. Basically,
anything that is difficult to move around. Things like phones,
tablets, game boxes, gizmos, laptops, PC's, media players, etc work
nicely with DHCP assigned addresses.

In article , Jeff
Liebermann wrote:
The main goal is to "mount" any Android or iOS device, whether or not I
have an "account" on that device and without adding any additional
software.

Any? Please look in a mirror and check for signs of temporary
insanity. There must be a reason why you want to invite every drive
by smartphone onto your network. The problem is not in mounting the
device. It's that said device needs to first connect, associate,
authenticate, etc with your wireless AP. An inconvenient detail is
that the user of the smartphone has to configure their phone to do
this, along with knowing all the necessary pass phrases and
incantations to successfully connect, they are now on your network.
Please modify your "Any" to "One of my devices" so we can blunder
onwards.

This is easy to do, if we just think about the problem set, and use native
solutions. So I used native solutions.

Yep. Why did you totally ignore using a pre-assigned DHCP static
address? It does not add software, is quite automatic, does not
require anything more than the MAC address of the smartphone, and can
be fairly easily configured with your Linux router in dhcpd.conf:

Old May 3rd 17, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

And yet, while I know nothing,

true. you do not.

I clearly know far more than you do.

definitely wrong.

Why is it that I can list a score of functionality that Android does that
iOS can't hope to do without jailbreaking?

why is it that every time you do, it's refuted?
why is it you ignored the numerous things ios can do that android can't?

why does it matter? nobody but you gives a ****.

Absolutely none of which can you don on an Apple iOS device/

just about of it can be done, most with little to no effort, and
according to you, the amount of effort expended does not matter.
Old May 3rd 17, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.home.repair,comp.mobile.ipad
nospam

In article , Tomos Davies
wrote:

why is it you ignored the numerous things ios can do that android can't?

It has already been established that there is nothing functional or useful
that Apple iOS devices can do that Android doesn't already do.

If there were, someone (anyone) would be able to name just one.

i gave a list of a dozen or so and you haven't refuted a single one and
there are several more i thought of after i posted those.

not that it matters. it's not a race. heck, some android phones can do
things other android phones can't, which you of course, ignore.
Old May 4th 17, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 4 May 2017 02:54:46 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Wednesday, 3 May 2017 15:38:35 UTC+1, Tomos Davies wrote:

Even the vaunted Apple iOS mobile device cameras provide no better output
than Android cameras already do.

I didn't know Android made cameras.

And yet, that there is plenty of functionality (e.g., automatic call
recording, bit torrenting apps, launchers, app drawers, wifi and cellular
graphical scanners, ability to organize desktops, etc.) that Apple iOS
devices don't have.

iOS doesn't have a desktop so how could it be organised by an app.

Those are the facts (not your opinion).

I'm not sure what apps I'm missing that Andriod users find either so useful or can't live without that I can't do.

is there an Andriod map app like apple maps ?

There was a time when you wouldn't dare ask that.

Has that time passed?

Eric Stevens
Old May 4th 17, 10:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I'm not sure what apps I'm missing that Andriod users find either so useful
or can't live without that I can't do.

is there an Andriod map app like apple maps ?

There was a time when you wouldn't dare ask that.

only by those don't understand what is actually is going on and fall
prey to linkbait.

there is nothing wrong with apples map *app*, which hasn't actually
changed in any significant way since it was introduced a decade ago,
other than very minor ui tweaks and pointing it at a different server.

apple's map *data* (not the app) initially had some errors, as did
google's map data when they first started with maps.

both still have all sorts of errors. nothing is perfect.

just last week, in fact, i was using google maps data and it told me to
turn left when i could only turn right.

Has that time passed?

it didn't exist, except in the minds of haters.
Old May 5th 17, 04:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 04 May 2017 17:47:43 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I'm not sure what apps I'm missing that Andriod users find either so useful
or can't live without that I can't do.

is there an Andriod map app like apple maps ?

There was a time when you wouldn't dare ask that.

only by those don't understand what is actually is going on and fall
prey to linkbait.

there is nothing wrong with apples map *app*, which hasn't actually
changed in any significant way since it was introduced a decade ago,
other than very minor ui tweaks and pointing it at a different server.

.... and getting the geography right in a number of key places.

If I remember correctly at one stage it was temporarily withdrawn
after a critical error nearly led to a young couple to their death in
a waterless region of the Australian desert. Apple may even have
substituted Google maps at that point.

Old May 5th 17, 05:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I'm not sure what apps I'm missing that Andriod users find either so
useful
or can't live without that I can't do.

is there an Andriod map app like apple maps ?

There was a time when you wouldn't dare ask that.

only by those don't understand what is actually is going on and fall
prey to linkbait.

there is nothing wrong with apples map *app*, which hasn't actually
changed in any significant way since it was introduced a decade ago,
other than very minor ui tweaks and pointing it at a different server.

... and getting the geography right in a number of key places.

*every* map database has errors, including google's. every single one.

however, only apple gets criticized. standard linkbait playbook.

and that has nothing to do with apple's map *app*, which is just a thin
client to a database.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/techno...d-to-fatal-tur
n/2006/12/08/1165081119464.html
When using the Yahoo Maps, MapQuest and Google Maps online services
to plot directions from Grants Pass to Gold Beach, Yahoo and MapQuest
both recommend taking the same, safer highway route, while Google
suggests a shortcut through roads that become dangerous in winter.

http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/living/travel/article2573180.html
One case happened last summer, when visitors arriving from the west
on Highway 190 told their GPS to take them to Scotty's Castle, a
popular tourist destination at the north end of the park, which is
easily accessible by paved road.
Instead, the unit directed them over an unpaved, winding, washboard
road toward Saline Valley, where they turned right onto an even
rougher four-wheel-drive road and became stuck near a remote
abandoned mine site called Lippincott.
"People don't realize that if they tell the unit to find the shortest
route to somewhere, it's not necessarily finding the shortest, safe,
paved route," Callagan said.
Lately, Callagan has been working with technology companies to remove
closed and hazardous roads from their navigation databases * but with
only partial success.
"I'm pulling my hair," he said. "I was never able to reach a single
human with Google Earth Maps. But in their system, they have a way
you can let them know something is wrong. And over the course of a
year, I was able to get their maps updated."

If I remember correctly at one stage it was temporarily withdrawn

nothing was withdrawn. it's not possible to do that without affecting a
billion people.

after a critical error nearly led to a young couple to their death in
a waterless region of the Australian desert.

the maps didn't lead anyone.

they ****ed up and have only themselves to blame.

Apple may even have
substituted Google maps at that point.

they didn't.

apple *originally* used google's map data for their maps app, but as
the popularity of the iphone grew, so did google's restrictions on what
could be done with that data.

google intentionally blocked apple from offering features that google
had on their own products (questionable legality), which put apple at a
significant competitive disadvantage, so as a result, apple switched to
their own data.

as with any newly launched product, there were some errors in the map
data, just as there were errors in google's map data when they first
launched it a decade earlier.

nothing is perfect.

furthermore, anyone relying on gps map data without engaging their
brain is going to find out the hard way what being lost means.

when (not if) that happens, they will have only themselves to blame for
their own negligence. hopefully their adventure is just a very scenic
bypass and not a one-way trip to the beyond.