What comes after Dropbox?

Old April 20th 17, 09:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default What comes after Dropbox?

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 16:05:40 -0700, Savageduck

On 2017-04-19 21:35:11 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 07:40:34 +0100, "David B."
wrote:

On 19/04/2017 00:44, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Tue, 18 Apr 2017 02:10:39 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Thursday, 13 April 2017 23:34:32 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Thu, 13 Apr 2017 12:19:58 +0100, "David B."
wrote:

On 03/04/2017 23:01, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 03:27:27 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Saturday, 1 April 2017 09:31:59 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
On 3/31/2017 10:36 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

I'll come back to you on this. Hope the delay is OK.

As an aside, do YOU use Dropbox?

Not very much I should use it more rather than sending files.

I'm puzzling over something and wonder
if you could, indeed WOULD, send me an item, perhaps a photograph, from
your Dropbox account so that I can check out a detail.

Here's my H&S poster I made for the my lab.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bl46gz38ai...%20A4.pdf?dl=0

and

the first photo I took with my then new EOS M3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m28gsdm6t...0copy.JPG?dl=0

They are clear enough. I am puzzled.

The images are EXCEPTIONALLY clear! :-)

That wasn't what I was testing for, Eric.

Can YOU provide me with a Dropbox link too, please?

Try https://www.dropbox.com/s/rot11ikzko...-1643.jpg?dl=0

I've downloaded it before final posting and I'm not satisfied with
what I see. All the fine detail seems gritty.

Eric Stevens

It;s a relativley low res image at about 1800x1200 perhaps that's why.

doesn't help that it's leaves and riples on water which does make it
look gritty.

You are right! It's the same here too. I don't know how that happened
but it started off as 3414 x 2268. I seem to have messed up
somewhere. I'll try again shortly.

I'd like to see a 'better' copy should you mange to find one, Eric.

It's lovely scenery. Will you disclose where it is?

It's on the west side of the north end of the Coromandel Peninsula in
New Zealand. The island visible on the horizon is "Little Barrier".

So that is East of you in Auckland, and North of my cousin's son, the
pathologist in Tauranga (lives in Bethlehem).
I really should plan a trip sometime...

Please don't wait until after I have died. :-)

Eric Stevens
Old April 20th 17, 10:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 20/04/2017 10:41, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 20 April 2017 07:55:17 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
On 19/04/2017 16:54, Whisky-dave wrote:
I'm trying to work out why a substance which when pushed away from you it moves towards you is called negative mass.

Perhaps you should read here too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_mass

Are YOU a scientist, Dave?

No but I find it interesting as my first intrests I remmebr were science based, the only reason I brought a SLR was to take pictures of the moon and stars etc... I've always had an interest in electronics and science and technology in general even animal biology and human history than I use to be.
Who could not be interested in a newley discovered millipede that is 30mm long 414 pairs of legs and 4 penises !!!!!

Haha. :-) You sound just like my younger son!

I've also found history interesting more recently than I ever did at school.

Me too.

I've just been watching the videos you made of your cat sleeping and
antics at the cat flap!

--
David B.
Old April 20th 17, 10:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 20/04/2017 10:25, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 17:19:57 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
On 19/04/2017 16:54, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 15:11:42 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
On 19/04/2017 14:38, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 14:23:59 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
On 19/04/2017 12:55, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 11:13:26 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
On 19/04/2017 10:05, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 11:13:16 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
[....]
Did you catch my 'Ping', Dave?

Well I saw the thread but..... ..... and ....

I had been under the impression that you were probably quite bright.

Was I wrong?

No idea what is the measurement you were use to gauge such things ?

Just intuition, Dave! ;-)

Ah but what wavelengh aka colour intuition ?

Sadly, I cannot answer that question. :-(

I did find THIS though:
https://www.amazon.com/Color-Intuiti.../dp/1591796490

Perhaps I should read it!

Well eating it might not be good for you.
I'm trying to work out why a substance which when pushed away from you it moves towards you is called negative mass.

I DO NOT use comment boxes on yuotube as discution boxes or for gemaral communication about other things so maybe that is why your comment don't appear on the yuotube video regarding the raspberry pi.

I appreciate that my approach was/is totally unconventional!

I wanted to know if you could read my comment on the SECOND video to
which I had directed you.

could you reprovide the link .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARwSelDqTdU&t=24s

(Comments section)

Yes I could see it and replied to it two weeks ago.

I don't suppose you are 'messing' with me - ARE you Dave?!!!

I had responded to you there in the comments. The post I made had
'disappeared' when I looked.

What seems to happen is you'r addition comment needed to be reviewed (before it is publicly readable, this could have been becaause there was a URL in the comment so this could be a mechanism to help stop spamming.

I suppose that's quite feasible.

I've just posted another one saying ..

"I added ANOTHER comment ..... and asked you to look HE-"

Can you see my 'new' comment, Dave?

Yes once I logged on as myself and that's when it notified me that a comment needed reviewing, which I did amd clicked the tick box which then made it public.
I'll probbaly make it non-public again soonisn next time I loggon.

So ....... I must ask! Did you follow the link?

Were you able to read my message to Eban in the comments section?

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Old April 20th 17, 02:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 20/04/2017 12:23, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 20 April 2017 10:55:51 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
[...]

yes but it was 1am and I wasn;t really interest in it.

Oh! I see. :-( Perhaps you'd like to take another look?

Were you able to read my message to Eban in the comments section?

The one where you asked when eban could see your comment .

I'm uncertain what you mean. My message was quite long and I asked him a
question to which I wondered if YOU might know the answer!

You don't HAVE to do this. Perhaps I shouldn't have asked - I know next
to nothing about YOU! ;-)

--
"The important thing is not to stop questioning."
- Albert Einstein

Old April 20th 17, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 20/04/2017 15:09, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 20 April 2017 14:24:13 UTC+1, David B. wrote:
[...]

AS an public viewer I can see teh post were you add the link about an
Amiga 600 and the Raspberry Pi .

I won't be able to see anything else you might have posted since then until I check at home.

Will you be doing that?

Were you able to read my message to Eban in the comments section?

The one where you asked when eban could see your comment .

I'm uncertain what you mean. My message was quite long and I asked him a
question to which I wondered if YOU might know the answer!

Why not ask somewhere else as these comment boxes are for comments not questions.

It was just a thought that popped into my head one day. A different
approach if you like!

You don't HAVE to do this. Perhaps I shouldn't have asked - I know next
to nothing about YOU! ;-)

if you're asking questions in the wrong place then maybe that's why you don't get answers, asking about Raspberry pi and amigas here isn;t the best place.
there's pi groups and amega groups try using those.

I thought you might have been interested in Eban Upton and his short videos.

May I ask what age *YOU* are, Dave?

Old April 23rd 17, 08:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 20/04/2017 21:55, David B. wrote:
Will you be doing that?

I'm still wondering!

Whatever, have a great day. :-)

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Old April 25th 17, 12:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 25/04/2017 10:53, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 20 April 2017 21:55:39 UTC+1, David B. wrote:

[....]
May I ask what age *YOU* are, Dave?

No.

Sorry. I already did! ;-)

David B.
Old May 24th 17, 01:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Eric Stevens
Mon, 27 Mar 2017
22:49:48 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

I've been using Dropbox quite satisfactorily, for several years,
to provide links to photographs I want to post to the Internet.
Now they have changed the way they work and I am not atll
satisfied with either the way they work or what they seem to do to
images.

I have one image which I have been trying to post in response to
an article by Savageduck in which we were discussing a collection
of landscape photographs. All I can manage with Dropbox is coarse
fine-detail and obvious color banding in the sky.

I know there are various ways in which I can replace Dropbox but
it will take me a long time to explore them all. I would be
grateful for any suggestions as to the best way I can go about
replacing Dropbox.

Have you considered picpaste.com?

You upload your picture, determine how you want the file to the
picture shown (if you want the actual filename shown) determine for
how long the picture can remain from a few hours to days, to forever,
until you decide to use the second url you should keep to yourself,
as it's your delete picture link.

You're provided two links. One goes to your picture and the other is
a deletion link that you can click to, delete your picture. No login
or account required. Oh, and it doesn't use a pile of scripts to
render whatever picture you send, either.