Fujifilm Remakes the X-T2 And X-Pro2 From Within?

Old March 23rd 17, 10:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Fujifilm Remakes the X-T2 And X-Pro2 From Within?

Massive firmware update for the newly released gear in Q2? Why? Is Fuji
sinking into desperation over the Canon EOS M5 success story? Feel free
to share your opinions!

Via fujirumors.com:

http://www.fujirumors.com/rumor-mass...lm-x-t2-x-pro2
-march-may-33-improvements/
--
teleportation kills
Old March 23rd 17, 01:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-03-23 09:08:28 +0000, android said:

Massive firmware update for the newly released gear in Q2? Why? Is Fuji
sinking into desperation over the Canon EOS M5 success story? Feel free
to share your opinions!

Via fujirumors.com:

http://www.fujirumors.com/rumor-mass...lm-x-t2-x-pro2
-march-may-33-improvements/

Fujifilm is just doing what they have always done, adding features and
improvements to existing cameras, instead of only pushing new cameras.
This has nothing to do with Canon, it is Fujifilm doing what they do
best, listen to users, and provide support and improvements for owners
of their cameras. Just another reason to buy Fujifilm.Their substantial
firmware updates/upgrades is one reason X-series camera owners have
become very brand faithful.

For example the Firmware v4.0 upgrade for my X-E2 gave me what amounted
to a new camera without having to buy an X-E2S.

The good news is B&H have finally got X-T2's in inventory.

Savageduck

Old March 23rd 17, 01:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2017-03-23 09:08:28 +0000, android said:

[...]

We are awaiting your report! :-))
--
teleportation kills
Old March 23rd 17, 03:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 3/23/2017 5:08 AM, android wrote:
Massive firmware update for the newly released gear in Q2? Why? Is Fuji
sinking into desperation over the Canon EOS M5 success story? Feel free
to share your opinions!

Via fujirumors.com:

http://www.fujirumors.com/rumor-mass...lm-x-t2-x-pro2
-march-may-33-improvements/

Fujifilm did a service to their users by adding features via firmware.
Canon did the same thing when they released firmware update ver. 2 for
the 7D that added features and made big improvements to existing ones.

Old March 23rd 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Thursday, 23 March 2017 12:09:52 UTC, Savageduck wrote:

Fujifilm is just doing what they have always done, adding features and
improvements to existing cameras, instead of only pushing new cameras.

I've been wondering when they'll change the name from Fujifilm to say
Fujidigi or something, seems strange sticking with the film bit.
Almost as annoying when people refer to digital movies and use the term
footage.

In the film days they called their cameras Fujica!
--
teleportation kills
Old March 23rd 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article , PAS wrote:

On 3/23/2017 5:08 AM, android wrote:
Massive firmware update for the newly released gear in Q2? Why? Is Fuji
sinking into desperation over the Canon EOS M5 success story? Feel free
to share your opinions!

Via fujirumors.com:

http://www.fujirumors.com/rumor-mass...lm-x-t2-x-pro2
-march-may-33-improvements/

Fujifilm did a service to their users by adding features via firmware.
Canon did the same thing when they released firmware update ver. 2 for
the 7D that added features and made big improvements to existing ones.

They should do that again with the M5 and M6. 12bit RAW in continuous
shooting suck bad. Oki that the framerate can't be 9fps but it should be
an option!
--
teleportation kills
Old March 23rd 17, 05:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Savageduck wrote:

Fujifilm is just doing what they have always done, adding features and
improvements to existing cameras, instead of only pushing new cameras.
This has nothing to do with Canon, it is Fujifilm doing what they do
best, listen to users, and provide support and improvements for owners
of their cameras. Just another reason to buy Fujifilm.Their substantial
firmware updates/upgrades is one reason X-series camera owners have
become very brand faithful.

For example the Firmware v4.0 upgrade for my X-E2 gave me what amounted
to a new camera without having to buy an X-E2S.

nikon did that with the d70-d70s, as well as other cameras.

Old March 23rd 17, 05:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

I've been wondering when they'll change the name from Fujifilm to say
Fujidigi or something, seems strange sticking with the film bit.
Almost as annoying when people refer to digital movies and use the term
footage.

In the film days they called their cameras Fujica!

and fujinon

Fujinon was and are lenses...
--
teleportation kills
Old March 23rd 17, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

I've been wondering when they'll change the name from Fujifilm to say
Fujidigi or something, seems strange sticking with the film bit.
Almost as annoying when people refer to digital movies and use the term
footage.

In the film days they called their cameras Fujica!

and fujinon

Fujinon was and are lenses...

this may come to you as a surprise, but cameras have lenses.