Adobe goes to hardware!

Old July 2nd 14, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Adobe goes to hardware!

Adobe has introduced its *Ink* & *Slide*.
A tad expensive at $199, but interesting to say the least.

http://www.adobe.com/products/ink-and-slide.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4DZpJJ-J4

Savageduck

Old July 2nd 14, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 17:25:08 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Adobe has introduced its *Ink* & *Slide*.
A tad expensive at $199, but interesting to say the least.

http://www.adobe.com/products/ink-and-slide.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4DZpJJ-J4

WOW!

They are going to sell a lot of those, but I bet a lot of people
discover it is not as easy at looks and give up on them after while.

Eric Stevens
Old July 2nd 14, 02:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 7/1/2014 8:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Adobe has introduced its *Ink* & *Slide*.
A tad expensive at $199, but interesting to say the least.

http://www.adobe.com/products/ink-and-slide.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4DZpJJ-J4

Expensive is a relative term. It's more than double the price of the
Wacom Bamboo, yet less than other Wacom tablets.

I wrote the above, before looking at what you get. It seems to be iPad
only. I can see some uses for those who would like an in the field
method, but I greee, it does come for a high price.

--
PeterN
Old July 2nd 14, 03:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-07-02 01:38:59 +0000, PeterN said:

On 7/1/2014 8:25 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Adobe has introduced its *Ink* & *Slide*.
A tad expensive at $199, but interesting to say the least.

http://www.adobe.com/products/ink-and-slide.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4DZpJJ-J4

Expensive is a relative term. It's more than double the price of the
Wacom Bamboo, yet less than other Wacom tablets.

I wrote the above, before looking at what you get. It seems to be iPad
only. I can see some uses for those who would like an in the field
method, but I greee, it does come for a high price.

The big feature is the integration with CC and the ability for the
folks in the design and art communities to work on a project and move
it between the iPad and the CC apps and the Behance community.

For those with little interest in the Adobe stuff, or wanting to spend
the $199, there is the very powerful and functional ArtStudio.
http://luckyclan.com/artstudio/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOOyL_2zE7g

Savageduck

Old July 2nd 14, 03:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

Adobe has introduced its *Ink* & *Slide*.
A tad expensive at $199, but interesting to say the least.

http://www.adobe.com/products/ink-and-slide.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4DZpJJ-J4

WOW!

They are going to sell a lot of those, but I bet a lot of people
discover it is not as easy at looks and give up on them after while.

It is never as easy as it looks. That is going to be best used by a
individuals with skills and a purpose. Others will have to climb the
learning curve to justify their outlay.

Might as well wait for the used ones to show up on eBay.

Savageduck

Old July 2nd 14, 01:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

says...

wrote:

Adobe has introduced its *Ink* & *Slide*.
A tad expensive at $199, but interesting to say the least.

http://www.adobe.com/products/ink-and-slide.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4DZpJJ-J4

WOW!

They are going to sell a lot of those, but I bet a lot of people
discover it is not as easy at looks and give up on them after while.

It is never as easy as it looks. That is going to be best used by a
individuals with skills and a purpose. Others will have to climb the
learning curve to justify their outlay.

Might as well wait for the used ones to show up on eBay.

But will there be used ones? Is it transferable? Since it's tied to an
Adobe account the possibility is there that it won't be.

Old July 2nd 14, 02:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2014.07.01, 20:25 , Savageduck wrote:
Adobe has introduced its *Ink* & *Slide*.
A tad expensive at $199, but interesting to say the least.

http://www.adobe.com/products/ink-and-slide.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4DZpJJ-J4

" Creative Cloud membership
Ink & Slide require a Creative Cloud membership for Cloud-connected
capabilities, such as the Pen Tip menu access to Kuler themes, Cloud
Clipboard, and sharing to Behance. A free membership provides access
to these services."

I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot stylus. That free will become fee
- if not specifically then for access to newly introduced features down
the line.

What if you're traveling and have no internet connection (or not a fast
enough connection)?

Adobe cloud is a honey trap of the worst kind.

--
I was born a 1%er - I'm just more equal than the rest.

Old July 2nd 14, 02:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

| Might as well wait for the used ones to show up on eBay.
|
| But will there be used ones? Is it transferable? Since it's tied to an
| Adobe account the possibility is there that it won't be.

For that matter, they might get sued by Etch-A-Sketch.

$1,000+- for an e-pencil arrangement hardly seems like
a sensible deal to me. Conventional artist tools provide far
more control for drawing. There are numerous options to
get a tracing of an image (as shown in the video) in a graphic
editor. It might be handy to do something like digitize a
signature without requiring a scanner, but that kind of
functionality is not worth much expense.

I have a friend who does surprisingly beautiful drawing in
MS Word, using only the tools there. He did a praying mantis
that's gorgeous. I have no idea how he accomplished it.
While I'm very impressed, I also think he probably has too
much time on his hands. The fact that it *can* be done doesn't
make it an exciting option.

Old July 2nd 14, 03:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

says...

wrote:

Adobe has introduced its *Ink* & *Slide*.
A tad expensive at $199, but interesting to say the least.

http://www.adobe.com/products/ink-and-slide.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4DZpJJ-J4

WOW!

They are going to sell a lot of those, but I bet a lot of people
discover it is not as easy at looks and give up on them after while.

It is never as easy as it looks. That is going to be best used by a
individuals with skills and a purpose. Others will have to climb the
learning curve to justify their outlay.

Might as well wait for the used ones to show up on eBay.

But will there be used ones? Is it transferable? Since it's tied to an
Adobe account the possibility is there that it won't be.

Oh! I am sure there will be used ones once some folks discover they
never had a need for one in the first place, and now have a $200 thing
sitting on a desk doing nothing.

As for the Adobe CC account that can be arranged at any time. However
there are going to be those folks who are going to think that this is
just an iPad tool. They are going to be sorely disappointed.

Savageduck

Old July 2nd 14, 04:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| Might as well wait for the used ones to show up on eBay.
|
| But will there be used ones? Is it transferable? Since it's tied to an
| Adobe account the possibility is there that it won't be.

For that matter, they might get sued by Etch-A-Sketch.

it's nothing at all like an etch-a-sketch, so there is no risk of being
sued.

$1,000+- for an e-pencil arrangement hardly seems like
a sensible deal to me.

especially since it's only $200.

it wouldn't be sensible to pay $1000. in fact, it would be downright
stupid.