When DO the Government Regulations Become Ridiculous Beyond Belief?

Old June 24th 14, 02:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

Default When DO the Government Regulations Become Ridiculous Beyond Belief?

"Whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 24 June 2014 07:07:29 UTC+1, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

Are you sure, if it's such a suprise how can they order ...

That's one of the reasons such places have number menus.
If you want a burger with chesses you pick the number that depicts a burger
with cheese.

The worst place I've been in was when I asked for a fillet fish burger I
ended up with a meat one with only lettace in the bun. But that wasn;t my
fault I let my English friend show off his swedish in a 'clock' resturant I
should have gone by the avatars. They seem to like some for of
blackcurrent or red jelly jam in them which I quite liked but havent seen
elsewhere at the time.

Perhaps Jonas knows

Are you referring to Lingonberries?

Old June 24th 14, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

On Tuesday, 24 June 2014 14:36:17 UTC+1, PAS wrote:
[...]

could have been, that's what I mean about expectations from visual images
such as those in burger bars and any product.

When I saw the red jammy stuff in the picture I assumed it wasn;t
strawberry or raspberry but hadn;t any idea what is was, but I still tried
it and I liked it OK.
There were also pint sized bottle sof red liquid next to the milk section
inm many supermarket fridges (didn;t loook like tomato) but it's what I
was expecting until my swedish friend told me it was rabbits blood.

Still not sure if that was true or not, but the price of alcohol and mars
bars was atrocious !

I'll bet it was lingonberries. My wife and I like that, although being
diabetic I can only taste a little bit. For Thanksgiving dinner, we prefer
to use lingonberries rather than cranberry sauce. I'm sure you can get it
in the UK. When I was in Harrod's in the food section, I loved the great
variety and quality of international foods they had there.

Old June 24th 14, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

On Tuesday, 24 June 2014 15:50:12 UTC+1, PAS wrote:
[...]

Harrods well I've only been there once, bit expensive for me, although I
heard the sausage rolls were cheaper than the college supserdised ones.

Apparently
"You can buy lingonberries in a jar from Lydll. They very often bill them
as Cranberry Sauce."
Pity, I hate Lydll even more than ASDA.

Y sister and her husband lived for a time in Knightesbridge, right across
the street from Harrod's. I remember that they moved there right when
Princess Diana had died. My brother-in-law's firm has since moved him back.
My wife surprised me with a trip to London by myself in September 1998 to
mark the occasion of the rumored reunion of the greatest band in the world,
Mott The Hoople. Well, the reunion didn't take place but their box set was
released and we got to see three of the members. My wife and I went back in
October 2009 for a week to see the real reunion. We stayed in Hammersmith
by the Apollo and I had the time of my life attending those concerts.