Old Packard Shutter

Old February 6th 09, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John J

Default Old Packard Shutter

I happened across a NIB #6 Packard-Ideal shutter, complete with
instructions and the bag of hardware plus an extra 'instant' pin. Price
marked on it: $14.50

That would be the Fifties, do you think?

Anywho, mounting it up right now in a recessed board for 6x6" boards.
Old February 18th 09, 02:19 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John J

Cheesehead wrote:
On Feb 6, 11:02 am, John J wrote:
I happened across a NIB #6 Packard-Ideal shutter, complete with
instructions and the bag of hardware plus an extra 'instant' pin. Price
marked on it: $14.50

That would be the Fifties, do you think?

Anywho, mounting it up right now in a recessed board for 6x6" boards.

You mean you're not selling it for $14.50? ;-)

Uh, gee! Maybe yer right. Only fair, ya know. So, how about selling me
your house at its 1955 price? And I'll sell you the Packard!

Old February 18th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Howard Lester

"John J" wrote

You mean you're not selling it for $14.50? ;-)

Uh, gee! Maybe yer right. Only fair, ya know. So, how about selling me
your house at its 1955 price? And I'll sell you the Packard!

What size V8 engine is in your Packard? I "shutter" to think about the low
gas mileage.... ;-)

Old February 18th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

On 2/18/2009 7:12 AM Howard Lester spake thus:

"John J" wrote

You mean you're not selling it for $14.50? ;-)

Uh, gee! Maybe yer right. Only fair, ya know. So, how about selling me
your house at its 1955 price? And I'll sell you the Packard!

What size V8 engine is in your Packard? I "shutter" to think about the low
gas mileage.... ;-)

But gas is only 17 cents a gallon ...

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair
Old February 18th 09, 09:15 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Howard Lester

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

What size V8 engine is in your Packard? I "shutter" to think about the
low gas mileage.... ;-)

But gas is only 17 cents a gallon ...

Ah, yes, and let me wash your windows for you. Check the oil, sir? Five
dollar fillup and you get a free set of these fine drinking glasses. Oh, and
don't forget your S&H green stamps!

Old February 19th 09, 12:58 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

On 2/18/2009 1:15 PM Howard Lester spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

What size V8 engine is in your Packard? I "shutter" to think about the
low gas mileage.... ;-)

But gas is only 17 cents a gallon ...

Ah, yes, and let me wash your windows for you. Check the oil, sir? Five
dollar fillup and you get a free set of these fine drinking glasses. Oh, and
don't forget your S&H green stamps!

Gawd, I remember pasting those damn things in those little books for my
mom, pages and pages of 'em. Those and the other "off brand" ones, what
were they? Oh, yeah, Plaid Stamps.

Old February 19th 09, 02:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Howard Lester

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

Gawd, I remember pasting those damn things in those little books for my
mom, pages and pages of 'em. Those and the other "off brand" ones, what
were they? Oh, yeah, Plaid Stamps.

The other I collected were Gold Bond stamps. You needed about a million
books to get the Nikkor 90mm f/8 Copal 0. Oh, wait -- that was in the "B&H",
not "S&H" stamp catalog. ;-)

Old February 19th 09, 02:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John J

Howard Lester wrote:
"David Nebenzahl" wrote

Gawd, I remember pasting those damn things in those little books for my
mom, pages and pages of 'em. Those and the other "off brand" ones, what
were they? Oh, yeah, Plaid Stamps.

The other I collected were Gold Bond stamps. You needed about a million
books to get the Nikkor 90mm f/8 Copal 0. Oh, wait -- that was in the "B&H",
not "S&H" stamp catalog. ;-)

Jeeze, you guys. Just when I thought I'd remembered all the old stuff...
It's getting funny and depressing at the same time.

I hire a lot of U students. One day the young ladies were talking about
how sophisticated they thought they were. They asked, "Mr. , do you
think we are sophisticated for our age?" And stupid me, I blurted, "I
don't know. I'm twice your age." A long pause as they exchanged
glances, then in harmony they said, "No way are we THAT OLD!"

*sigh* it's true. I'm three-times their age.

The clincher was when a male student came into my office with a look of
comic horror saying, "Was that you on that ancient motorcycle outside?"
I said, "Yeah. Who else?" He asked, "What year is it?" I said, "56",
and he almost doubled up laughing and said, "Can't you afford something
better than that?"

That boy actually had the nerve to ask for a recommendation. So I did
write one. It said, "It is my pleasure to write that Mr. is a former
employee."

Old February 19th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

On 2/19/2009 6:36 AM John J spake thus:

The clincher was when a male student came into my office with a look
of comic horror saying, "Was that you on that ancient motorcycle
outside?" I said, "Yeah. Who else?" He asked, "What year is it?" I
said, "56", and he almost doubled up laughing and said, "Can't you
afford something better than that?"

Does '56 seem "old" to you? Doesn't to me.

That boy actually had the nerve to ask for a recommendation. So I did
write one. It said, "It is my pleasure to write that Mr. is a
former employee."

"And he is very adequate."

Old February 20th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John J

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 2/19/2009 6:36 AM John J spake thus:

The clincher was when a male student came into my office with a look
of comic horror saying, "Was that you on that ancient motorcycle
outside?" I said, "Yeah. Who else?" He asked, "What year is it?" I
said, "56", and he almost doubled up laughing and said, "Can't you
afford something better than that?"

Does '56 seem "old" to you? Doesn't to me.

**** no, it ain't old. I just wish young kids would all think a 1946 or
1956 Harley Big Twin was worthless. I'd have dozen's of 'em.

That boy actually had the nerve to ask for a recommendation. So I did
write one. It said, "It is my pleasure to write that Mr. is a
former employee."

"And he is very adequate."

Yes!