Seagull 4A where to get fixed?

Old November 2nd 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
James Salisbury

Default Seagull 4A where to get fixed?

Hi,
My Seagull 4A appears to have a jammed shutter, no click when the button
is pressed. Could someone recommend a camera repair place in the UK?
Alternatively what can I replace it with?

Thanks
Old November 3rd 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Peter Chant[_2_]

James Salisbury nntp.dsl.pipex.com wrote:

Hi,
My Seagull 4A appears to have a jammed shutter, no click when the button
is pressed. Could someone recommend a camera repair place in the UK?
Alternatively what can I replace it with?

No idea on repair. Replacement, I've got a Mamiya C330f which I am very
happy with, but for a non "system" camera how about a Yashicamat? Not used
one myself, but it would seem like the obvious answer.

Perhaps a C220?

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old November 4th 08, 09:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Richard Knoppow

"James Salisbury" nntp.dsl.pipex.com wrote in message
Hi,
My Seagull 4A appears to have a jammed shutter, no click
when the button is pressed. Could someone recommend a
camera repair place in the UK? Alternatively what can I
replace it with?

Thanks

Do a search for Rolleiflex repair people in the UK and
check if they will work on it, in the US I could make
suggestions but I don't know who is good in the UK.
If you want to replace it look for a Rolleicord or
Rolleiflex. They are excellent cameras and not too expensive
used, of course depending on the model. Assume that any used
camera needs a CLA although you may get lucky.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Old November 4th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Drew Saunders

James Salisbury nntp.dsl.pipex.com wrote:

Hi,
My Seagull 4A appears to have a jammed shutter, no click when the button
is pressed. Could someone recommend a camera repair place in the UK?
Alternatively what can I replace it with?

I don't know the various Seagull models, but B&H sells the GC-104 for
$140:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...5410_GC_104_Ca
mera.html

and the GC-108 for $280:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...5440_GC_109_Ca
mera.html

and two other models in-between. A shutter repair would likely cost at
least half as much as the cheapest one.

Drew

--
Drew W. Saunders

dru (at) stanford (dot) eee dee you

Seagull John Navas[_2_] Digital Photography 12 November 28th 07 03:20 AM
Seagull TLR for landscape photos? [email protected] Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 March 9th 06 03:08 PM
Seagull TLR for landscape photos? Stacey Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 March 5th 06 03:28 AM
Old Seagull 4B Tagg Medium Format Photography Equipment 0 December 25th 05 10:38 PM
seagull sa-99 repair googacky Medium Format Photography Equipment 5 May 22nd 04 12:09 AM