PS CC(2014) update & PS CS6 ACR new camera update

Old June 22nd 14, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default PS CC(2014) update & PS CS6 ACR new camera update

On 2014-06-20 00:48:36 +0000, Savageduck

On 2014-06-20 00:07:20 +0000, PeterN

On 2014-06-19 21:37:34 +0000, PeterN
said:

On 6/19/2014 1:07 PM, Savageduck wrote:
I just finished updating my PS CC to the 2014 release announced
this
morning, and along with some ACR changes/new camera updates, there
are
some additions.
Smart Object improvements
Improved Layer Comps
Changes to the Blur Gallery motion effects
Focus Mask
Content Aware improvements
...and a whole bunch more, so I have some investigating to do.
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new.html

The more important list for me right now is my wife's list of
honeydews.

Of course. However, all you have to do is go to the CC tab in the
menu
bar and note the 4 available updates, click on update all. Then in
about
5 minutes the job is done, even if you do it while dealing with
all the
NG BS.

It ain't the update that takes the time. It's the temptation to play
wit the changes.

Ah! Ha!

Well there is a bit more you will have to do with PS CC (2014), that is
reinstall all the plug-ins.

I just checked. All plugins were present and usuable

Did you open PS CC, or did you open PS CC (2014)?
Both are now installed on your HD and they are different.

It says version 14.2.1

That is the updated PS CC. All that update did was add new cameras to
that version of ACR.

*PS CC (2014)* that is what it is called, it is a new release for 2014
and is PS 15.0.0. The CC updater will install it.
Note the name on the top of the window.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...enshot_748.jpg

You will have both versions on your desktop, and if you have CS6
installed, the updater will update ACR in that to add new cameras.

So you need to check the HDD location wherever you download & install
the CC stuff.

Savageduck

Old June 22nd 14, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_4_]

On 2014-06-20 00:48:36 +0000, Savageduck

On 2014-06-20 00:07:20 +0000, PeterN

On 2014-06-19 21:37:34 +0000, PeterN
said:

[...]

Thanks. I understand what you mean, expecialy after reading Tony
Cooper's post.

--
PeterN
Old June 22nd 14, 03:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-06-20 00:48:36 +0000, Savageduck

On 2014-06-20 00:07:20 +0000, PeterN

On 2014-06-19 21:37:34 +0000, PeterN
said:

[...]

I downloaded PS CC (2014). It installs separately from PS CC, and my
Nik and OnOne plug-ins are not there in the new version.

If course not, it is a fresh install of a new version, not an update.

Adobe advises not just moving them into (2014). I tried to download Nik,
but (2014) doesn't show as an "approved host" or something like that.

I haven't figured out what to do yet, but I haven't spent any time on
it.

It is usually best to run the app installer unless otherwise instructed.

I have my latest NIK (Google) installer squirreled away. I ran it and
the installer listed all apps eligible for installation on this
computer. Those were PS CS5, CS6, CC, CC(2014), LR2, LR5, & PSE9.

That installation went without a hitch and no call to enter serial
numbers, and runs as expected.

OnOne went a little differently. At first it looked to me as if they
didn't have a CC(2014) version listed, but I ran the installer anyway.
It installed PPS8 and the various parts of the Suite are available via
File--Automate which is OK. However, I have always accessed PPS via
the Panel which shows as it should in PS CC, but not in CC 2014. That
said it functions as expected.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...enshot_751.jpg

Savageduck

Old June 22nd 14, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-06-20 00:48:36 +0000, Savageduck

On 2014-06-20 00:07:20 +0000, PeterN

On 2014-06-19 21:37:34 +0000, PeterN
said:

[...]

I did that, but a screen popped up and wanted to know where to install
the file. It listed CS6 CC, but not PS CC (2014). It said something
about approved hosts or summat.

Odd! Here is what I got:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...enshot_752.jpg
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/Fil...enshot_753.jpg

I guess if your issue persists you might have to contact NIK support.