2GB xD card in Fuji FinePix F10?

Old July 5th 08, 08:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

Default 2GB xD card in Fuji FinePix F10?

Tony Sivori wrote:

Camera documentation says 1GB is the limit. Has anyone tried a 2Gb card in
the F10, and if so did it work?

Top line:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...d/f/index.html

--
Blinky
Is your ISP dropping Usenet?

Old July 5th 08, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_5_]

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Tony Sivori wrote:

Camera documentation says 1GB is the limit. Has anyone tried a 2Gb
card in the F10, and if so did it work?

Top line:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...d/f/index.html

Middle xD column heading - what's "2GMB". So much for how well that
information has been proof-read!

David

Old July 5th 08, 08:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

David J Taylor wrote:

Blinky the Shark wrote:
Tony Sivori wrote:

Camera documentation says 1GB is the limit. Has anyone tried a 2Gb
card in the F10, and if so did it work?

Top line:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...d/f/index.html

Middle xD column heading - what's "2GMB". So much for how well that
information has been proof-read!

That's two gigamegabytes. It's not available everywhere, and damn, is it
expensive!

Old July 5th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

Tony Sivori wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 00:02:26 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:

Tony Sivori wrote:

Camera documentation says 1GB is the limit. Has anyone tried a 2Gb
card in the F10, and if so did it work?

Top line:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...d/f/index.html

Nice find, Blinky. I see that it will take a 2 GB xD card in type M, M+,
and H.

I have a couple of Fujis -- an S7000 bridge and an A820 compact. So I
knew where to look.

Prior to posting I tried to help myself with a Google web search (no
luck on a usenet search, either). What I got was a fair example of the
decay of the usefulness of Google web search results.

http://tinyurl.com/6378gq

Most results were vendors and individuals selling F10s and xD cards.

Aye. Typical. You just have to slog through them. I use Firefox and the
Customize Google extension, which blocks all of the sponsored ads (you can
easily toggle that off, if you do want to see those ads), and I often
search with these negations in the search

-ebay -amazon

That helps a bit.

If you're interested, here's something on the differences between xD
vanilla and M and H:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XD-Picture_Card

It's from 2006, but I'm not aware of any new breakthroughs in xD
technology.

A few of the sellers implied that the 2 GB card worked with the F10. But
most of those were in the UK, so I was concerned that the U.S. F10 might
be a different version. Worse, there were nonsense results like this
one:

snip hype

[END nonsense quote from how-to-upgrade.com]

So apparently, with a 2 GB xD card in my F10, I'll be able to run
Microsoft Word, Quicken, "and still surf the web!"

But will it download p*rn in the background while you're lying about
yourself on the dating sites?

Old July 6th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

Tony Sivori wrote:

On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 10:55:26 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:

Tony Sivori wrote:

Aye. Typical. You just have to slog through them. I use Firefox and
the Customize Google extension, which blocks all of the sponsored ads
(you can

I don't mind their sponsored links - at least not as long as they stay
clearly marked, off to the right and above the actual search results in a
yellow box.

easily toggle that off, if you do want to see those ads), and I often
search with these negations in the search

-ebay -amazon

That helps a bit.

Trying that, the number one result is still a vendor. After a very quick
skim of the results, it looks like about 50% are still vendors, just not
ebay and amazon. On the good side, relevant results do rank higher.

Yeah, ebay and amazon filters only work on ebay and amazon.

But I've done searches here where - at least for the first ten or so pages
of hits - *most* of the results were amazon and ebay hits. In that
situation, those negations make a significant difference. All depends on
the nature of the search.

If you're interested, here's something on the differences between xD
vanilla and M and H:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XD-Picture_Card

That is interesting. My current card is a 1 GB H type. Circuit City has
2 GB M+ cards (which claim 50% faster writes than plain M type) on sale
this week for $30. If I can find the time, I think I'll pick up one.

That's a good price? I haven't looked at xDs in quite a while, and I saw
2GB SDs for $12 at my favorite electronic toy store Friday. Granted, they
weren't "high speed". I have a pair of those from when they were packaged
two for $22.

So apparently, with a 2 GB xD card in my F10, I'll be able to run
Microsoft Word, Quicken, "and still surf the web!"

But will it download p*rn in the background while you're lying about
yourself on the dating sites?

If you didn't lie about yourself, you might not need the porn.

Good point.

As for myself, for some strange reason after telling them I am very
tall, extremely handsome, and quite wealthy, I kept getting stood up on
dates. When I send them email asking then why, I always got some
variation of: "you weren't where you said you'd be, instead there was
just some short, average guy in cheap clothes". :-)

Short average guys in cheap clothes, like fat bottomed girls, make the
rockin' world go 'round. Come to think of it, I'll bet those were all fat
bottomed girls that stood you up.

Now I just tell the truth, and include a photo. It is much more
efficient. No one I'd want ever answers. :-)

If you do want to lie, here is an example from someone who seems to have
much practice:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/cle/628259611.html

Harf! "By this time you'll be thinking that I'm just like you, poor
and smelly."

Old July 7th 08, 07:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Blinky the Shark

Tony Sivori wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 14:42:11 -0700, Blinky the Shark wrote:

That's a good price? I haven't looked at xDs in quite a while, and I
saw 2GB SDs for $12 at my favorite electronic toy store Friday. Granted,
they weren't "high speed". I have a pair of those from when they were
packaged two for $22.

Yep, xD is still substantially more expensive than other card types. It's
not often I'll let myself be locked in by proprietary hardware, but I just
couldn't pass up the fantastic low light capability and battery life of
the F10. It's been a good tool, and a nice toy.

Is anybody but Fuji and Olympus using those?

Short average guys in cheap clothes, like fat bottomed girls, make the
rockin' world go 'round. Come to think of it, I'll bet those were all
fat bottomed girls that stood you up.

Ah, all kidding aside, my last girlfriend was very hot. At 22, she was
less than half my age. Sometimes fortune smiles.

Mmmmmmmm. :-P

She became rather high maintenance in every way except for the one where I
wanted her to be high maintenance (sex). So things fell apart. I'm sure
she found another horny middle aged man in no time at all.

That's probably the norm. Kinda been there. My last grilf was 33 to my
49.